[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

IFS and B9 stomp on WildBlue's resource switching. That's why you're seeing what you're seeing. They need to be updated to exclude WBIConvertibleStorage because they impose their switchers on any part that holds resources.

Hmm.  They've been co-existing peacefully with WBT in this save since I started it back in September, each doing its own thing independently of the others, through several updates of each.  At present, IFS dates to 10 November.  However, B9PS and WBT both date to 3 December due to updates of both Pathfinder and Near Future (which includes B9PS).  It's only since these last updates that the weirdness happened.

So, I suspect the issue is with B9PS, not IFS.  Is this something I can fix on my end or does it need an actual update?

For future reference, here are pics of what's happening with your tanks now:

The ship below had DSEV Delta tanks set to LF only in the VAB and was in BARIS integration when I updated Pathfinder and NF.  When I launched it last night, however, the tanks had reverted to LFO even though the LF decal was still showing.  Once I realized this had happened, I dumped the oxidizer, which is why those tanks are empty in this pic.  No oxidizer was consumed during flight---those tanks were full prior to me dumping them.  I only realized there was a problem once the ship got to space and the dV for the LF-only stage was way less than it should have been.

25018878568_99ba7281ef_b.jpg

The ship below had DSEV delta tanks left at their default of LFO in the VAB and was in BARIS integration when I updated Pathfinder and NF.  When launched last night, these tanks were still LFO (with LFO decals) but the oxidizer tanks were empty.  Despite having no oxidizer in the tanks, the LFO engines ran perfectly and the ship reached orbit, without consuming any of the LF.  Very weird.  Again, I only noticed this once the rocket was in space, just checking these tanks after noticing the problem with the other ship above.

25018878318_5c423f7023_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Slow progress, but still progress...

Looking good!

5 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Hmm.  They've been co-existing peacefully with WBT in this save since I started it back in September, each doing its own thing independently of the others, through several updates of each.  At present, IFS dates to 10 November.  However, B9PS and WBT both date to 3 December due to updates of both Pathfinder and Near Future (which includes B9PS).  It's only since these last updates that the weirdness happened.

So, I suspect the issue is with B9PS, not IFS.  Is this something I can fix on my end or does it need an actual update?

For future reference, here are pics of what's happening with your tanks now:

The ship below had DSEV Delta tanks set to LF only in the VAB and was in BARIS integration when I updated Pathfinder and NF.  When I launched it last night, however, the tanks had reverted to LFO even though the LF decal was still showing.  Once I realized this had happened, I dumped the oxidizer, which is why those tanks are empty in this pic.  No oxidizer was consumed during flight---those tanks were full prior to me dumping them.  I only realized there was a problem once the ship got to space and the dV for the LF-only stage was way less than it should have been.

25018878568_99ba7281ef_b.jpg

The ship below had DSEV delta tanks left at their default of LFO in the VAB and was in BARIS integration when I updated Pathfinder and NF.  When launched last night, these tanks were still LFO (with LFO decals) but the oxidizer tanks were empty.  Despite having no oxidizer in the tanks, the LFO engines ran perfectly and the ship reached orbit, without consuming any of the LF.  Very weird.  Again, I only noticed this once the rocket was in space, just checking these tanks after noticing the problem with the other ship above.

25018878318_5c423f7023_b.jpg

Looking good!

B9PS and IFS need to update their MM patches to exclude parts with WBIConfigurableStorage. Unfortunately, they don't do that. That's what's causing the issue.

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

B9PS and IFS need to update their MM patches to exclude parts with WBIConfigurableStorage. Unfortunately, they don't do that. That's what's causing the issue.

Well, that sounds easy enough to do on my end.  I'll look into it when I get the chance.  I also raised the issue in the B9PS thread.  Have you discussed this with the other modders?

First iteration of the IVA in game:

toZLtIj.png

lfEtcIX.png

No lights, no props, no overlay, just getting the thing oriented properly and the kerbals seated in the right place and direction. Those shelves in the observation area are for plants.

I think the Nautilus bridge is going to end up with a lot of plants growing everywhere... so much so that it might have its own greenhouse. :)

Edited by Angel-125

More images:

Added a flight engineer station in the cockpit. It'll use the same controls as the copilot seat on the Clydesdale. Ignore the flying seat, it's one of the pitfalls of setting up an IVA...

oRavwIT.png

Pilot's view:

8kt0iNh.png

Flight Engineer's view:

UAxzvBW.png

Lounge area:

WNw6vzO.png

A view out one of the greenhouse cupolas:

zJsZC4S.png

Edited by Angel-125

@Angel-125 Turns out it was indeed CryoTanks giving the extra B9 options and overlaying the tanks. Just added !MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage] to the :HAS in the CryoTanksFuelSwitcher file and now the tanks load in clean. I left it as a PR on @Nertea's github (#43), but anyone that needs to fix it can put that piece in your own CryoTank file.

Edited by Krakatoa

Just now, Krakatoa said:

@Angel-125 Turns out it was indeed CryoTanks giving the extra B9 options and overlaying the tanks. Just added !MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage] to the :HAS on CryoTankFuelSwitcher and now the tanks load in clean. I left it as a PR on @Nertea's github (#43), but anyone that needs to fix it can but that piece in your own CryoTank file.

Outstanding, glad you got it figured out. :)

On 12/8/2017 at 10:46 PM, Krakatoa said:

@Angel-125 Turns out it was indeed CryoTanks giving the extra B9 options and overlaying the tanks. Just added !MODULE[WBIConvertibleStorage] to the :HAS in the CryoTanksFuelSwitcher file and now the tanks load in clean. I left it as a PR on @Nertea's github (#43), but anyone that needs to fix it can put that piece in your own CryoTank file.

at last i have fixed my crafts!  I owe you a beer!

Just a quick note to say thank you for this mod. 

I also experienced some problems with CryoTanks. Specifically, the mod added liquid fuel and oxidizer to tanks of monoprop, which is sort of a problem. Fortunately, I didn't have any ships in flight using any of the CryoTank and engines mods, so pulling the mods entirely isn't a problem. It was also causing some problems with Kerbalism, so there's that as well.

2 hours ago, John Nowak said:

Just a quick note to say thank you for this mod. 

I also experienced some problems with CryoTanks. Specifically, the mod added liquid fuel and oxidizer to tanks of monoprop, which is sort of a problem. Fortunately, I didn't have any ships in flight using any of the CryoTank and engines mods, so pulling the mods entirely isn't a problem. It was also causing some problems with Kerbalism, so there's that as well.

Even on the craft where the patch had added fuel, that extra fuel disappears if you fix the patch. Space Kadet quoted how in the message right above yours. That CryoTanksFuelSwitcher file is in the CryoTanks > Patches folder. Dunno how to do any fixes with Kerbalism, especially since, from what I understand, it changes how a lot of background processes work.

3 hours ago, Scorpion_SK said:

I have tried to build a centrifuge using Rotating Hub and i have a problem. IVA view does not move with the rotating parts and stays on it's initial place, while the part itself moves.

I made a screenshot to explain what i mean:

Hide contents

27186253959_4025967499_o.png

That might be a limitation of IR, I'm afraid. Not much I can do about it. :( But there's always the D2 centrifuge, and the upcoming Nautilus centrifuge. :)

Personally, I like the cargo bays that use the D2 Adapter's new End Cap mesh option:

dawzmAv.png

4 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Even on the craft where the patch had added fuel, that extra fuel disappears if you fix the patch. Space Kadet quoted how in the message right above yours. That CryoTanksFuelSwitcher file is in the CryoTanks > Patches folder. Dunno how to do any fixes with Kerbalism, especially since, from what I understand, it changes how a lot of background processes work.

Thanks! However, when you have a mod that steps on two different mods you prefer, well, sometimes it's easier to just drop the one causing a conflict before you discover a third incompatible mod. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.