[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

Will the corridors to the centre and the other sections have an IVA? I know it isn't necessary but it would look cool, especially with Enhanced IVA.

Also, will it have Kerbalism compatibility as a centrifuge? I don't use Kerbalism, I'm just curious.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I absolutely love this

It depends upon how hard it is to make the corridors and if I have time. Right now I'm concentrating on the modules themselves:

jTJcPwj.jpg

51CwkNe.png

SbITa9e.png

I've got the module unwrapped and I'm starting to layout things like lights, hatches, and the ladder. Once I get things textured I can lay out individual modules. I'm planning on a galley/lounge (pictured), bunk room, laboratory, and one other. Borrowing stuff from MOLE is making the IVA go much faster- and less painful!

I don't have any plans for Kerbalism, it really messes up my mods.

Also, started messing with the tank cluster:

fTRKD6q.png

12 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Does WBITools do something related to contracts? I am having an issue where the game fails to recognize contract goals that are completed (such as entering into a given orbit, or reaching a body, or whatever), and I see this error in my logs:

Reveal hidden contents

[Scatterer] Sky switched to local mode

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 61574

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Text Generator Loaded: 92 entries.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBIResearchContract.generateExperimentIfNeeded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractsPlus.Contracts.WBIResearchContract.MeetRequirements () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.ContractSystem+<UpdateDaemon>c__Iterator9E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[UIApp] Adding ContractsApp to Application Launcher

I'm sure many things could be responsible for whatever is going on with contracts, and this isn't the only error I'm getting, but though I'd ask since this has the word "Contract" in it. Posted in the Buffalo thread with logs a while ago, apparently same error, but this thread seems to be more active.

I've fixed some things in the upcoming release, hopefully it'll be solved.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm planning on a galley/lounge (pictured), bunk room, laboratory, and one other.

Are you taking suggestions for that "one other" ?  I'm thinking it needs a fully stocked bar because it's the only place you can actually pour a drink.  And disco lights and a jukebox :) 

Still more work to do, but it's getting there. The Nautilus Tank Cluster has built-in adapters. Here you see just the baseline:

VblVq6f.png

Size 3:

XD5ekfe.png

Size 2 (hex):

QTtYFak.png

And the engine mounts work the same way:

wdDclkP.png

And the only thing better than one tank cluster is a whole bunch of them supplying Explodium for 14 Trinity engines...

oCF95vJ.png

3 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Are you taking suggestions for that "one other" ?  I'm thinking it needs a fully stocked bar because it's the only place you can actually pour a drink.  And disco lights and a jukebox :) 

Disco Bar it is!

On 11/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, Angel-125 said:

Here is a patch for Interstellar Fuel Switch that excludes parts that uses the Wild Blue resource switcher.

IMHO this link should be in the OP in big red letters.  It solved all my problems, thanks to @Krakatoa pointing me to it.  I'd have never known otherwise.

5 hours ago, RoraBora93 said:

Out of curiosity, what font is used for the flags? I ask because I want to add a few custom names to my ships but want to be faithful to the mod. 

Microgramma

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

IMHO this link should be in the OP in big red letters.  It solved all my problems, thanks to @Krakatoa pointing me to it.  I'd have never known otherwise.

Done and done.

20 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

@Angel-125 Love the new centrifuge. I'll at least mention many scientists don't think windows in a centrifuge would be a good idea, because the rate it's spinning would be very disorienting. We don't really know about Kerbals though... :D

The way Jeb flies for me half the time, EVERY crew compartment should have the windows boarded up.  I can get sea sick watching him fly - and  I grew up spending most of my summers sailing...

@Angel-125 those new parts look amazing!

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

And the lab:

In the 1st pic, the things in the back corner remind me of a laundromat.  Which is very appropriate for the lab IMHO.  Kerbal skivvies are probably the source of Mystery Goo :D 

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Up next is the last part of this IVA: the disco bar!

Really looking forward to that :)

@SpaceMouse Well scientists calculated that to induce a 1-g spin at a rate that wouldn't produce Nausea, you would need a radius of 45m. Since the Kerbol System is 1/4 size, we can say that the Centrifuge was just downsized to 11.25m. Kerbals are 1m, and the average Human is 1.6-2m, so we can half that again, making is 6.625m. By scaling the Centrifuge to the Kerbals, it's about 7.5m, give or take, so I think windows are OK on this one.

11 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

@SpaceMouse Well scientists calculated that to induce a 1-g spin at a rate that wouldn't produce Nausea, you would need a radius of 45m. Since the Kerbol System is 1/4 size, we can say that the Centrifuge was just downsized to 11.25m. Kerbals are 1m, and the average Human is 1.6-2m, so we can half that again, making is 6.625m. By scaling the Centrifuge to the Kerbals, it's about 7.5m, give or take, so I think windows are OK on this one.

All very good points.  There's also the fact that Kerbals ain't humans so might not even be bothered by inertial cross-coupling in their inner ears anyway.  They don't have outer ears, after all, so probably don't have anything resembling the human inner ear.  Besides, Kerbals have long been utterly impervious to G forces, and even today it's optional.

22 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

This is why math is cool.

@Angel-125 like how it's going.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

They serve Irish coffee. :wink:

An' it'd beeter hae a damnsight moar o' thae Irish innit tha' thae koffy, er ye'll hae me ol' sheleighly tae answer tae, ya ken?  An' where's me spigot o' the lovely ol' Guiness, eh?  :D 

Edited by Geschosskopf

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Just have to lead the target.  I'm sure they make noobs practice with water until they get the hang of it, so as not to waste the good stuff :wink: 

There is a scene in the Expanse where the bartender pours a drink and the liquor arcs into the glass. I’d imagine it would be like that. 

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Just have to lead the target.  I'm sure they make noobs practice with water until they get the hang of it, so as not to waste the good stuff :wink: 

Fjw8vqI.png

I have a couple more labels to make, like the Booze Brothers' Vodka, and "Hydrazine" (reference to @Kuzzter's comics)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.