[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

16 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

When do you plan to move on to the N.A.U.T.I.L.U.S.-X re-creation? The DSEV seems pretty good (for now) to me. Have you started anything for the NAUTILUS?

Also, what happened to the Copernicus/Constellation project? It said "coming soon" for a while, then vanished. Did you just drop it? What did you get done for it?

Sorry for the wall of questions! I'm just curious as to what is going on.

(BTW mods I have read 2.1 and 2.2, and I am not pressuring them or anything, I am just curious. So please don't hit me with another forbidden content thing.)

I canceled the Copernicus project because I kept getting pestered about it. NAUTILUS-X is still in planning; my goal is to reach Core Complete on Pathfinder and MOLE before I come back to DSEV. Not sure when that will be, quality work takes time. But I have some more habitat modules to build in MOLE (and their associated experiments), and I have an IVA and a few parts in Pathfinder to create.

4 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Alright. It is kind of dissapointing that the Copernicus project got canceled. I was looking forward to that.

Perhaps later on you can bring it back.

I might, Buffalo was partly designed with the Copernicus in mind.

Okay, something weird is happening (again, sorry about all this), this time with the hex trusses. Even with the newest version (1.2.0) which was supposed to fix hex trusses, they still aren't letting me change from fuel tanks to hollow. I can change the actual fuel tanks, which I couldn't in 1.1.8, but the buttons to change the actual truss config, whether it's number of racks or internal setup, are completely absent.

5 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Okay, something weird is happening (again, sorry about all this), this time with the hex trusses. Even with the newest version (1.2.0) which was supposed to fix hex trusses, they still aren't letting me change from fuel tanks to hollow. I can change the actual fuel tanks, which I couldn't in 1.1.8, but the buttons to change the actual truss config, whether it's number of racks or internal setup, are completely absent.

Might be something in your install, I just checked, the trusses have all their options intact.

I really love this thing and am shamelessly exploiting the remote refueling feature the tanks now have :)

But you know, this mod is designed to build mondo interplanetary ships.  But it doesn't have a mondo crew pod to stick on the front end.  Something like from the Corellian cruiser would be nice :)

I know, I know, IVAs and all that.

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

I really love this thing and am shamelessly exploiting the remote refueling feature the tanks now have :)

But you know, this mod is designed to build mondo interplanetary ships.  But it doesn't have a mondo crew pod to stick on the front end.  Something like from the Corellian cruiser would be nice :)

I know, I know, IVAs and all that.

Once I finish my Core Complete parts list for Pathfinder and MOLE, I'll be back on DSEV. I want to make an animated centrifuge, for instance, and the Discovery II command pod (3.75m). I also have some 2.5m ISS-esque parts I'm planning. It may take awhile, creating IVAs is the slowest damn thing to do for modding...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Once I finish my Core Complete parts list for Pathfinder and MOLE, I'll be back on DSEV. I want to make an animated centrifuge, for instance, and the Discovery II command pod (3.75m). I also have some 2.5m ISS-esque parts I'm planning. It may take awhile, creating IVAs is the slowest damn thing to do for modding...

Well, I guess I'll let you slide for now ....... :D

------------------------

Anyway, I finally captured that infinite loop of right-click resource line spam in a log file.  This time it was with DSEV 2.5m tanks.  Here's the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y02lway08lgd4gw/DSEV Tank Resource Spam.zip?dl=0

And here's the story....

I'm building a mondo Mk-IV go-anywhere spaceplane.  I have the fuselage and it's fittings built saved.  So now I was going to add some radial 2.5m DSEV tanks on the side.  So here's what happened.

1. Messed around adding various DSEV 2.5m tanks radially with 2x SPH symmetry to the fuselage.  Ended up with radial stacks of a 2.5m shock cone intake, a 1/2-size 2.5m DSEV LF tank with decals on, a long DSEV 2.5m LFO tank with decals on, and a 2.5m SABRE-type engine.  There was 1 such stack on each side of the plane.
  2. Decided this was not enough dV or thrust, so copied the whole stack and, still with 2x SPH symmetry on, attached the copies outboard of the previous stacks.  The originals were attached on the left side and the symmetry clones on the right side in all cases.
  3. I have RCS Build Aid and after I had all 4 radial stacks in place, I noticed that the fully fueled CoM marker was off-center towards the left side.  I have noticed sometimes that the symmetry clones of DSEV tanks are created empty, so I started right-clicking the radial tanks on the right side to find the empty tank(s) and fill them up.  (NOTE:  this is a 2nd thing that should probably be fixed).
  4. On the 2nd or 3rd right-side radial tank I right-clicked on (I think it was one of the 1/2-size LF tanks), the right-click window went into the infinite loop of spamming more and more lines of the LF resource, with the top of the right-click window going off the top of the screen and disappearing into space.  My whole system started getting laggy.
  5. I quickly snatched all the radial stacks off the fuselage and junked them.  This stopped the infinite loop and the lag went away.
  6. However, as usual after such an event, the editor was hosed very similarly to what was happening with the Mountain Goat decoupler.  That is, nothing worked.  So I quit the game and came running here to tell you.

8 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, I guess I'll let you slide for now ....... :D

------------------------

Anyway, I finally captured that infinite loop of right-click resource line spam in a log file.  This time it was with DSEV 2.5m tanks.  Here's the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y02lway08lgd4gw/DSEV Tank Resource Spam.zip?dl=0

And here's the story....

I'm building a mondo Mk-IV go-anywhere spaceplane.  I have the fuselage and it's fittings built saved.  So now I was going to add some radial 2.5m DSEV tanks on the side.  So here's what happened.

1. Messed around adding various DSEV 2.5m tanks radially with 2x SPH symmetry to the fuselage.  Ended up with radial stacks of a 2.5m shock cone intake, a 1/2-size 2.5m DSEV LF tank with decals on, a long DSEV 2.5m LFO tank with decals on, and a 2.5m SABRE-type engine.  There was 1 such stack on each side of the plane.
  2. Decided this was not enough dV or thrust, so copied the whole stack and, still with 2x SPH symmetry on, attached the copies outboard of the previous stacks.  The originals were attached on the left side and the symmetry clones on the right side in all cases.
  3. I have RCS Build Aid and after I had all 4 radial stacks in place, I noticed that the fully fueled CoM marker was off-center towards the left side.  I have noticed sometimes that the symmetry clones of DSEV tanks are created empty, so I started right-clicking the radial tanks on the right side to find the empty tank(s) and fill them up.  (NOTE:  this is a 2nd thing that should probably be fixed).
  4. On the 2nd or 3rd right-side radial tank I right-clicked on (I think it was one of the 1/2-size LF tanks), the right-click window went into the infinite loop of spamming more and more lines of the LF resource, with the top of the right-click window going off the top of the screen and disappearing into space.  My whole system started getting laggy.
  5. I quickly snatched all the radial stacks off the fuselage and junked them.  This stopped the infinite loop and the lag went away.
  6. However, as usual after such an event, the editor was hosed very similarly to what was happening with the Mountain Goat decoupler.  That is, nothing worked.  So I quit the game and came running here to tell you.

Good thing you caught it now, I was about to bundle up the releases. I'll try to replicate the issue and see what is going on. Thanks for the detailed report. :)

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Good thing you caught it now, I was about to bundle up the releases. I'll try to replicate the issue and see what is going on. Thanks for the detailed report. :)

You know, I remembered something else I've been meaning to bring up....  This applies to all your stuff, not just DSEV.  The thing is, the "Manage Operations" screen is click-through, so that when you click on something in that screen, you also click on whatever's underneath it.  This can be quite inconvenient at times, especially in the editor when it usually results in disconnected a section of the underlying ship you're building.

46 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

You know, I remembered something else I've been meaning to bring up....  This applies to all your stuff, not just DSEV.  The thing is, the "Manage Operations" screen is click-through, so that when you click on something in that screen, you also click on whatever's underneath it.  This can be quite inconvenient at times, especially in the editor when it usually results in disconnected a section of the underlying ship you're building.

I'll see if I can fix this.

Okay, I have one question so I can begin self-diagnosis: Is ModuleHexTruss added by DSEVUtils.dll or by WildBlueTools.dll? If it's the first one, then something is seriously wrong. If it's the second one, I may have to start copying every single file in WildBlueTools individually.

@Angel-125, please help. This is the last thing I need before I can leave you alone.

Edited by RocketSquid

Once again, saying "it don't work" does not help. I need logs and possibly saves and craft files. What version of DSEV are you using?  The lastest is 1.2.1. I've already verified that all the modules in DSEV are functioning correctly, so you appear to have an installation issue on your end. Are you using CKAN? If so, manually delete all Wild Blue mods and install them manually with the latest from github.

On 7/25/2016 at 6:43 PM, Angel-125 said:

Once again, saying "it don't work" does not help. I need logs and possibly saves and craft files. What version of DSEV are you using?  The lastest is 1.2.1. I've already verified that all the modules in DSEV are functioning correctly, so you appear to have an installation issue on your end. Are you using CKAN? If so, manually delete all Wild Blue mods and install them manually with the latest from github.

To my knowledge:

• My install is up to date
  • The issue is across all saves and all craft.
  • The issue does not cause crashes, so no logs (as far as I know)
  • I am not using CKAN.
  • I have a ludicrous number of mods, so incompatibilities are a serious possibility, but I do not know what they might be.

The only problem is that all modules added by DSEV don't work. Everything else is completely unaffected, but arcjets, fusion reactors, and hextrusses have suddenly become duds. I realize that this problem is on my end, and that it is my responsibility to fix it. At this point I am just looking for background information on DSEVUtils and incompatibility. Thank you for your patience.

Just to say: Just because there are no crashes, that doesn't mean there are no logs.  KSP always creates a log during a run.  It should be in your base KSP folder with the name 'KSP.log'.  Upload it someplace and post a link - then @Angel-125 might be able to see something in it.  (Won't say he will, or even that he'll bother to look, but if you post it he can.  :wink: )

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

Also, I fished out the log:

Here you go!

Nice log, fresh off of the press.

Thanks, I can take a look at that. What is WBITweaks? It's listed in your mod list.

I'm noticing that your logs are chock full of this:

[EXC 22:47:06.711] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update ()
[EXC 22:47:06.723] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
	KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()

Not sure if you're keeping KAC up to date or not. It might also be causing your issues. There also appears to be something going on with Pathfinder trying to load its config file from disk, so that's something I can look at.

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks, I can take a look at that. What is WBITweaks? It's listed in your mod list.

I'm noticing that your logs are chock full of this:

[EXC 22:47:06.711] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update ()
[EXC 22:47:06.723] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
	KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
	KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()

Not sure if you're keeping KAC up to date or not. It might also be causing your issues. There also appears to be something going on with Pathfinder trying to load its config file from disk, so that's something I can look at.

WBITweaks contains 1 storage template, 3 Mole experiments, and a patch to allow disabling the ISC decoupler. All of them have worked perfectly in the past and none of them are for DSEV.

I will update KAC.

1 hour ago, RocketSquid said:

WBITweaks contains 1 storage template, 3 Mole experiments, and a patch to allow disabling the ISC decoupler. All of them have worked perfectly in the past and none of them are for DSEV.

I will update KAC.

You might also consider using KSP-AVC to keep your mods up to date:

All my mods are compatible with it.

On 8/1/2016 at 2:09 PM, Angel-125 said:

You might also consider using KSP-AVC to keep your mods up to date:

All my mods are compatible with it.

I have now updated all mods that had new versions pending. Is there any news on why my mods are derping?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.