[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

There is a scene in the Expanse where the bartender pours a drink and the liquor arcs into the glass. I’d imagine it would be like that. 

That show is visually stunning

Also the bird on the Asteroid that flapped slowly

In the "Wild Blue Verse" (for lack of a better name), @Kuzzter Industries is a major powerhouse, making such things as their widely successful kPad, the Kuzzter Instruments Three Thousand (K.I.T.T.) artificially intelligent shipboard computer found in the Clydesdale and Danube Delta, and some of the best liquor in the solar system:

gl4Hoa9.png

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I finished the disco ball and dance floor:

Just need to make the jukebox and overlay, and some minor texture tweaks, then the Nautilus Centrifuge will be done at last!

'Bob! Watch out for the Whiskey...I've only had one, but the room is already spinning!'

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

In the "Wild Blue Verse" (for lack of a better name), @Kuzzter Industries is a major powerhouse, making such things as their widely successful kPad, the Kuzzter Instruments Three Thousand (K.I.T.T.) artificially intelligent shipboard computer found in the Clydesdale and Danube Delta, and some of the best liquor in the solar system:

gl4Hoa9.png

I was amused to see Hydrazine right next to Whiskey in typical Kerbal fashon then, slightly sad that the bottle said Vodka. :D

Edited by SpaceMouse

I just wanted to drop in and let you know how much I appreciate your dedication to providing fun and useful IVAs. It really works well with my playstyle, and does a lot to enhance my experience with your already externally visually interesting models.

They're really cool, is what I'm trying to say. Thanks for taking the time to do them!

:)

@Mandella Thanks! IVAs are a royal pain, and I'm glad that this is the last one for DSEV, but I'm also glad they're getting use. Introducing the Space Bar:

Loi9ajq.png

Closeup of the cheesy 1970s jukebox:

EpDMp1r.png

Once I wire up the plugin, you'll be able to play .wav files if you put them in the 000WildBlueTools/Music folder. It'll come with a few CC-BY-NC-SA licensed disco-like music files...

Edited by Angel-125

Finished the Nautilus Tank Cluster:

kiyip6M.png

The Tank Cluster is a 7.5m part that consists of 7 tanks and 6 radiators. It has built-in adapters for 5m, 3.75m, and 2.5m parts, and it has up to 7 engine mounts. While I won't be making the VASIMR engine found on the NAUTILUS-X- the very low thrust would drive me nuts when making burns- the propulsion module is supposed to be modular on NASA's design. So instead, the reference design uses a trio of Trinity motors.

Anyway, more to do, but for the Nautilus, I'm down to the automated construction hangar and the hangar adapter part. Almost there!

eu1071H.png

Edited by Angel-125

Not much to show for this part of DSEV's update, but I'm revising the truss parts to hopefully speed up render performance. Things have changed and the current version of the parts will be deprecated. Your existing craft will be fine, but new vessels will need the new versions of the trusses. The readme will explain. Anyway, here's how the different mesh options look:

Fuel Tank (default):

F8uykI5.png

Classic option to store resources in.

Hollow:

G3O2MPc.png

Hollow gives you an open space in which to attach equipment.

Empty:

8V32qyB.png

Nothing inside, but it's a solid piece.

Crew Tube:

EhpmVON.png

Also a solid piece, but with a crew tube.

I've redone the quarter, half, full size, and double-size hex trusses and the D2 trusses will get the same treatment. I've also redone the adapter pieces; hopefully with these changes the game will render your ships faster.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.