[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

On 6/1/2016 at 2:53 AM, Angel-125 said:

Veillez à installer tout de la mod DSEV. Ne pas laisser quoi que ce soit; vous devez Pack de ressources communautaire, la dll ModuleManager, DSEV, 000WildBlueTools, et similaires.

hi angel. I've put all files in game data (community, squad, WildBlueIndustries and the module manager 2.6.13.dll) = it don't works

The start loading of KSP stop at module manager.

Without any other mods, just ksp 1.05 and deep vessel. i thinks module manager can't load any files.

In sandbox mode I just cannot get the Supernova to upgrade. I just keep getting the "Insufficient resources to upgrade the engine." message, even though I supply the rocket parts. Of course I can't supply 600 science because sandbox doesn't use science. I just open the menu, click the button and the rocket parts get used up but the error message still pops up.

Anyone help me here?... I've tried searching on the site and in google but can't find anything on this problem so it's got to be something I've done wrong but for the life of me I cannot figure it out!

Actually thinking about it in Sandbox mode shouldn't the Supernova be automatically upgraded to fully functional?

14 hours ago, NeoMorph said:

In sandbox mode I just cannot get the Supernova to upgrade. I just keep getting the "Insufficient resources to upgrade the engine." message, even though I supply the rocket parts. Of course I can't supply 600 science because sandbox doesn't use science. I just open the menu, click the button and the rocket parts get used up but the error message still pops up.

Anyone help me here?... I've tried searching on the site and in google but can't find anything on this problem so it's got to be something I've done wrong but for the life of me I cannot figure it out!

Actually thinking about it in Sandbox mode shouldn't the Supernova be automatically upgraded to fully functional?

I will look at it this weekend and get a fix out. Should be pretty simple. You don't need science in sandbox mode, just rocket parts.

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I will look at it this weekend and get a fix out. Should be pretty simple. You don't need science in sandbox mode, just rocket parts.

Cheers... thought it should be just rocket parts... but it just didn't want to let me upgrade.

Update 1.0.6

Get the latest here.

- The Supernova will now properly allow you to upgrade the engine. You don't need Science when in Sandbox mode, but in all game modes, you do need a 5-star engineer.
- Adjusted the parts cost to upgrade the engine.
- Updated to the latest Wild Blue Tools.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Update 1.0.6

Get the latest here.

- The Supernova will now properly allow you to upgrade the engine. You don't need Science when in Sandbox mode, but in all game modes, you do need a 5-star engineer.
- Adjusted the parts cost to upgrade the engine.
- Updated to the latest Wild Blue Tools.

What if I want to use the Supernova engine on a long range unKerbed probe?  I guess I'll have to have a rendezvous flight just for the purpose of upgrading the engine...  Or, can the engine be upgraded as it sits on the pad BEFORE launch?  That way all I'd have to do is drive a rover out, walk an Engineer over, and do it that way. 

Hi,

On 13.12.2015 at 7:32 PM, Angel-125 said:

One thing to check is try crating your 200-part craft without the hex trusses, or without the fuel tanks. That might tell you what type of part is causing the issues.

Finally got the time to test this last night. New version of craft, around 170 parts (plus lander), no hex trusses, no serious framerate issues.

Seems we can rule out the spindle system and the tweakable fuel tanks as potential causes for the slowdown.

hj3vk5Q.png

Hello

Really enjoy your mods. Their the only times I posted. Found a small error with the FLM450 It has the same fuel quantity as the FLM900. Looking at the configs I saw the capacityFactor for the FLM450 is at .5 not .25 Just to let you know. Thanks again for these mods

I appreciate you pointing that out, thanks. :) I think I corrected the issue in MOLE's Titan tank series, which are set to succeed the existing FLM series. My plan is to retire the FLM series (except the 3.75m tanks) and separate out the 1.25m and .625m tanks as separate downloads. Then overhaul the hex trusses and try to improve performance. I think there are just too many polygons to render, and the mesh colliders make things worse. That has to wait though, I'm on hiatus until 1.1 is released.

Hi,

About the CLS config of DSEV - considering the part's usage, I think it would be useful to have surfaceAttachmentsPassable on WBI_SpinRing:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
        surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true
    }

Currently the part is only axially passable.

Also, both WBI_SpinRing and WBI_CounterTorqueRing have "Rotating Hub" as their title. It would be nicer to have no duplicate titles; may I suggest changing that of WBI_CounterTorqueRing to "Counter Torque Ring" or something similar?

It think this is going to be a lame question, so apologies in advance.

Discovery II and Copernicus videos aren't actually produced by KSP, are they ? Another user mentions finding Discover II parts useful, but I couldn't find anything similar to those parts after installing DSEV. Especially the rotational section in the front, writing to make sure I am not missing something obvious.

Thanks

C

33 minutes ago, Charlie the Kerbal said:

It think this is going to be a lame question, so apologies in advance.

Discovery II and Copernicus videos aren't actually produced by KSP, are they ? Another user mentions finding Discover II parts useful, but I couldn't find anything similar to those parts after installing DSEV. Especially the rotational section in the front, writing to make sure I am not missing something obvious.

Thanks

C

Those videos were done by NASA or professional artists. For the centrifuge, the current design is a spindle and hub and counter-rotating ring that makes use of Infernal Robotics. I've been trying to figure out a design that just uses animation that is also compact enough to launch without giant fairings. It's taking awhile though, and I'm busy with my other mods at the moment.

Apologies for having to resort to asking; I have google-researched myself out looking for the answer to, how do you upgrade the Supernova engine in sandbox? What I have gathered is, I need a five star engineer with "rocket parts" onboard to upgrade. Does this involve the use of KAS or KIS? What "rocket parts" exactly? Seriously, I need to be walked through this one... sorry.

6 hours ago, jackalope50 said:

Apologies for having to resort to asking; I have google-researched myself out looking for the answer to, how do you upgrade the Supernova engine in sandbox? What I have gathered is, I need a five star engineer with "rocket parts" onboard to upgrade. Does this involve the use of KAS or KIS? What "rocket parts" exactly? Seriously, I need to be walked through this one... sorry.

The tanks in this mod can switch resources. You find the tank you want, right click on the tank and you'll have a GUI that switches resources. Switch it to RocketParts and put it on the ship with the engine. When you get to where your ship is assembled, make sure you have an engineer on the ship (in sandbox, the requirement is lvl 5, which everyone is lvl 5), In career, you'll need science points and rocket parts to upgrade the engine (I think), right click on the engine and select the Upgrade Engine button in the GUI. I think 7500 rocket parts is needed to upgrade the engine and some science points for career mode, though I could be mistaken?

Anyways, with rocket parts on hand and an engineer on board the ship, upgrade your engine. I've done two ways to upgrade. 1. You can right click while inside the ship and upgrade or 2. Be realistic and fly an engineer out to the engine to upgrade. Just make sure you have the rocket parts on the ship, science points for career or a lvl 5 engineer for sandbox and you should be able to upgrade. I'm not sure if KIS and KAS is a dependency, but I have them both anyways since they are handy and very useful mods. 

I know if you get Pathfinder, you'll need these mods to assemble the hab modules and assemble things in the field. So, just get them, you won't be disappointed. 

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

So, over the weekend, I did this thing:

3dZ7Lt3.png

Still have to redo the heat animation, and create an engine shroud, but the redo of the nuclear aerospike is coming along nicely. It's a nice break from doing IVAs...

Is it in the latest version, or not just yet?

@Jivaii I don't give out timeframes since modding is a hobby for me and life happens, but DSEV won't get a refresh until I finish MOLE Phase 2 (I'm almost done with Phase 1, and about halfway done with Phase 2), and I get done with Pathfinder's IVAs. Since IVAs take a long time to do, it will likely be a few months until I can work on the next vessel pack.

When 1.1 comes out DSEV will get a small refresh, and I might have time to redo the hex trusses, but that depends upon how far I get on Pathfinder and MOLE. At the least the plugin will be updated for 1.1. Basically 1.1 is likely to cause modders all sorts of issues...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

@Jivaii I don't give out timeframes since modding is a hobby for me and life happens, but DSEV won't get a refresh until I finish MOLE Phase 2 (I'm almost done with Phase 1, and about halfway done with Phase 2), and I get done with Pathfinder's IVAs. Since IVAs take a long time to do, it will likely be a few months until I can work on the next vessel pack.

When 1.1 comes out DSEV will get a small refresh, and I might have time to redo the hex trusses, but that depends upon how far I get on Pathfinder and MOLE. At the least the plugin will be updated for 1.1. Basically 1.1 is likely to cause modders all sorts of issues...

Likely? It's nearly guarenteed.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to start work on one of these to fit the scheme of the Discovery II. A very rough (and quite possibly my first) draft of the command module photographed (maybe a little bit different). 

cdRrIBN.jpg

Even working on some look alike habitat spindles for the centrifuge ring. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.