[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Is this the correct forum for landertrons?

I don't see how the ladertron controller works. I see a bunch of engines that use it though. I'm just using the stock T-1 Dart aerospike for the Estonian (you can fit other engines too), but I don't see anything that says you add the part module to a command pod and it uses any engine...

Yep, that's the correct forum.  As Mandella said, the part is the XT-LB 'LCRAB' - the main focus for the mod has always been it's own engines, and the box was a later addition, but it looks like it's just a few lines of code:

MODULE
	{
		name = LandertronBox
		electricRate = 0.05
		stagingEnabled = true
	}

I know I've used the box within the past few days for a similar use as Mandella: Giving a slightly heavy capsule a bit softer landing.  (Come to think of it - the capsule I'm using it on is a MK1-2 pod on top of a modular pod extensions hab and areospike/heatshield - end result being very close to your new pod...)

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

Yep, that's the correct forum.  As Mandella said, the part is the XT-LB 'LCRAB' - the main focus for the mod has always been it's own engines, and the box was a later addition, but it looks like it's just a few lines of code:

MODULE
	{
		name = LandertronBox
		electricRate = 0.05
		stagingEnabled = true
	}

I know I've used the box within the past few days for a similar use as Mandella: Giving a slightly heavy capsule a bit softer landing.  (Come to think of it - the capsule I'm using it on is a MK1-2 pod on top of a modular pod extensions hab and areospike/heatshield - end result being very close to your new pod...)

Awesome, added that to the Estonian and ED-3. :)

Start of the Estonian IVA Here's the pilot seat view:

ZgV56o0.png

The front dashboard is straight from the Mk1-2 IVA, because I'm really getting tired of making IVAs.

Seat 3:

kJUd1kE.png

Seats 3, 4, and 5 are behind and above the pilot/copilot seats.

Seat 6:

PxHKJ7Z.png

Seats 6, 7,  and 8 all rest in the "alcove" of the command pod interior. Think shuttle mid-deck seats. The IVA doesn't look like much yet as I don't have textures in place and the modeling work isn't done yet, but this gives you an idea of how these things get built. You'll have to imagine the storage bags and such for now...

GY449Z8.png

Edited by Angel-125

Quick question........

I've searched the forum and didn't see anything but I've been having terrible problems with excessive heat and the SuperNova engine. No matter how many radiators I put on a ship, everything overheats. The engine seems to overrun the radiators. I had 32 of the 2000kw radiators and while it slowed the heat increase down, I only got about 10 minutes of time before things went bad. Am I missing something or does this engine just crank that much heat?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Quick question........

I've searched the forum and didn't see anything but I've been having terrible problems with excessive heat and the SuperNova engine. No matter how many radiators I put on a ship, everything overheats. The engine seems to overrun the radiators. I had 32 of the 2000kw radiators and while it slowed the heat increase down, I only got about 10 minutes of time before things went bad. Am I missing something or does this engine just crank that much heat?

Thanks!

i use the supernova alot, and it dose need alot of cooling, but you seem to be having more of an issue than you should, whats your other mods?

Question about people who use the double hex truss: Do you use the hollow options at all? Having hollow trusses for the quarter, half, and regular-sized hex truss make sense, but I'm not sure it does for the double. Reason I ask is that I'm planning on modifying the double-truss so that it can be up to 10x its current size, similarly to how the stock payload fairing works: by attaching a part to one of the nodes above the fairing, you suddenly get a truss assembly to  fill in the void.

The ML-20 Hex Truss would be up to 80m long, though that might get a little unwieldy in the VAB/SPH. It would not make sense to have a truss that long that's hollow. It would still retain its crew tube and fuel tank options- with appropriately adjusted capacity...

Edited by Angel-125

7 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

i use the supernova alot, and it dose need alot of cooling, but you seem to be having more of an issue than you should, whats your other mods?

Because of the issues, I stripped down and install to only Wild Blue mods, and a few ancillary like MechJeb, MM, Alternate Resource Panel, etc. No other mods really included.

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Question about people who use the double hex truss: Do you use the hollow options at all? Having hollow trusses for the quarter, half, and regular-sized hex truss make sense, but I'm not sure it does for the double. Reason I ask is that I'm planning on modifying the double-truss so that it can be up to 10x its current size, similarly to how the stock payload fairing works: by attaching a part to one of the nodes above the fairing, you suddenly get a truss assembly to  fill in the void.

The ML-20 Hex Truss would be up to 80m long, though that might get a little unwieldy in the VAB/SPH. It would not make sense to have a truss that long that's hollow. It would still retain its crew tube and fuel tank options- with appropriately adjusted capacity...

I think I typically use the single-length when installing something like an ISRU or other segment. Double changing doesn't kill anything I'm working with, and gigantic craft are something I haven't attempted but would be pretty cool. Especially if someone's using a radiation-adding mod and distance matters. I think Nertea has plans for one long term.

12 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I dont use the double one in a hollow config, only the smaller ones

curious that no one has reported the double cargo mess.

If you switch any WBI Tank that is also B9PartSwitchable you get both after scene switch. After reconfiguring in the Editor it look OK at first. After a bit of switching to KSC etc. I've seen that the content changed and B9 had magicaly returned to the tanks giving me extra fuel. The Delta Tanks were holding Aurum and Equipment. Will take a look at the MM patches when I have the time for it, maybe someone already has mentioned it and an idea/solution

7 hours ago, Mace from Space said:

curious that no one has reported the double cargo mess.

If you switch any WBI Tank that is also B9PartSwitchable you get both after scene switch. After reconfiguring in the Editor it look OK at first. After a bit of switching to KSC etc. I've seen that the content changed and B9 had magicaly returned to the tanks giving me extra fuel. The Delta Tanks were holding Aurum and Equipment. Will take a look at the MM patches when I have the time for it, maybe someone already has mentioned it and an idea/solution

I don't use B9 part switch but it does make sense if it adds its part switching module to any fuel tank. I might be able to create a patch that removes the B9 part switcher (along with IFS Fuel Switch, it causes the same headaches).