[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't use B9 part switch but it does make sense if it adds its part switching module to any fuel tank. I might be able to create a patch that removes the B9 part switcher (along with IFS Fuel Switch, it causes the same headaches).

this could be why every once in a while my tanks revert to coolant and i loose fuel.... but i figured it was an updating issue.

43 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, when can we begin to horribly abuse play with this mod and learn all its limits?

I'm shooting for end of the month for the Odyssey Three release. Then it's right on to the parts for the ISV Venture Star-alike.

The cockpit was bugging me a bit so I tweaked it slightly:

luxbqAd.png

Much better, but that stage lock switch is a bit annoying...

And here's the next project:

aQJE7Es.png

This is the S1 Orbital Command Pod. Think of it like an orbital equivalent to the Mk1 pod. Here's some context for it:

usQkQKN.png

Edited by Angel-125

To: Cpt. Kerny @adsii1970 Kerman

Subject: New Prototype

Hey Kerny,

Hope you're doing well and the new ship is working out. Things have been pretty hectic here, but my staff is ramping up, and I was thinking: you know those landers of yours? What if you only had to deal with just one, and it seated, like, 8 kerbals? And what if it was capable of landing on Duna and returning to orbit? And what if it was so versatile, you could store a small base in its cargo hold? Anyway, if you get a chance, check out the Estonian Duna Lander reference design in the data packet I've attached. The basic design is sound but might need some tweaks before the design is finalized. Your input would be great, especially given your spaceflight experience.

Ok, gotta go, my flat top's getting a bit long...

- Angelo

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks! :) Me too, I might actually be done before the end of the month!

Got a good start on the Zen Greenhouse IVA tonight:

pSwaUsu.png

BEUFg7p.png

Without the plant shelves, it looks a bit like a space gazebo... :)

I attack the gazebo...

Made good progress on the Trinity this evening:

45iuF1t.png

I've shifted some things around, such as stretching the turbo pump, scaling the nuclear gas core, and moving it to the top of the engine bell. I also added in the control pistons, and did some unwrapping of the mesh. The downside is that having three engine modes is more challenging than I thought, so it'll end up being a "nuclear Mainsail" with even better performance when using Explodium/NuclearSaltWater. Still, not a bad start. :)

Edited by Angel-125

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.