Angel-125

[1.8.x] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Recommended Posts

On 6/23/2016 at 11:29 AM, Bombaatu said:

I grabbed the latest version of this but KSP-AVC still reports it is for version 1.1.2. This was a manual install with no other mods but KSP-AVC.

Yup, another goof on my part. It's up to date, just patch the version file to 1.1.3. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the stuff, will definitely try it out !

Cant wait for the Nautilus though, any progress there ?

If you need help in modelling or something, just give a shout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the engine work? I built a test craft, loaded with pellets, liquid hydrogen and electricity, but the engine never works. It charges and then just seems to flame out. Suggestions?

Here's the ship:iVWSfiVWSf DSEV test

 

Edited by johnnyhandsome
trying again to get image to show up, put URL link instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnnyhandsome said:

How does the engine work? I built a test craft, loaded with pellets, liquid hydrogen and electricity, but the engine never works. It charges and then just seems to flame out. Suggestions?

Here's the ship:iVWSfiVWSf DSEV test

 

Looking at that ship...  You might try putting in some fuel lines.  I'm not sure the engine can get the fuel from those tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2016 at 4:44 AM, Jasseji said:

Love the stuff, will definitely try it out !

Cant wait for the Nautilus though, any progress there ?

If you need help in modelling or something, just give a shout

Currently I am working on what I call "Core Complete" for Pathfinder and MOLE. I don't expect to continue working on DSEV until sometime after KSP 1.2 is out. I have a lot to do...

2 hours ago, johnnyhandsome said:

How does the engine work? I built a test craft, loaded with pellets, liquid hydrogen and electricity, but the engine never works. It charges and then just seems to flame out. Suggestions?

Here's the ship:iVWSfiVWSf DSEV test

 

The engine requires electric charge to start. You can provide that through a fusion reactor. Once fully charged you start the engine. Once started, it burns a small amount of FusionPellets while idle/running. After the engine is warmed up, you can use the engine normally. Also, fuel lines are your friend. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CKAN:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ISE, see first post, at the top

 

On 10/2/2015 at 10:56 AM, Angel-125 said:

Due to technical difficulties, CKAN installs are not supported. I suggest you use AVC instead. Mini-AVC is already supported.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2016 at 10:09 PM, Angel-125 said:

DSEV 1.1.8 is now available!

- Fixed radial attachment distances so that tanks will be flush with the part they're attached to.

Found another tank problem....

FLM-100, the small radial tank.  When you configure this for LFO, it gets into like an infinite loop of adding lines for LF and O to the right-click menu.  The right click menu expands off the top edge of the screen and keeps on growing, adding repeated lines showing how much LFO is in the tank.  If you let this go very long, it will crash your computer.  Fortunately, you can snatch the tank off the rocket while this is happening and discard it, thus solving the problem.  But the tank is kinda useless for LFO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Found another tank problem....

FLM-100, the small radial tank.  When you configure this for LFO, it gets into like an infinite loop of adding lines for LF and O to the right-click menu.  The right click menu expands off the top edge of the screen and keeps on growing, adding repeated lines showing how much LFO is in the tank.  If you let this go very long, it will crash your computer.  Fortunately, you can snatch the tank off the rocket while this is happening and discard it, thus solving the problem.  But the tank is kinda useless for LFO.

Interesting, not seeing that one. I just tried the FLM-100 and it worked fine for me. Do you have the latest WildBlueTools installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angel-125 said:

Interesting, not seeing that one. I just tried the FLM-100 and it worked fine for me. Do you have the latest WildBlueTools installed?

I thought so.  Yesterday I deleted the entire WildBlue folder and everything in it, then installed the latest versions of all your mods.  Have things changed in the last 24 hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geschosskopf said:

I thought so.  Yesterday I deleted the entire WildBlue folder and everything in it, then installed the latest versions of all your mods.  Have things changed in the last 24 hours?

Yes. The latest WBT is 1.3.5, which fixes an issue in MOLE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Talk about service!

Hope that works for you, love what you're doing with the latest Traveling Circus :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Hope that works for you, love what you're doing with the latest Traveling Circus :)

Yup, that solved the problem.  Thanks.

Anyway, thanks.  And now that KIS mostly works for 1.1.3, I've got Pathfinder in that game, too.  You're a better author than me, though, so any time you want to take a break from modding and actually play again, I won't mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Yup, that solved the problem.  Thanks.

Anyway, thanks.  And now that KIS mostly works for 1.1.3, I've got Pathfinder in that game, too.  You're a better author than me, though, so any time you want to take a break from modding and actually play again, I won't mind.

Thanks. :) Once I reach Core Complete (all Pathfinder IVAs done, some additional parts for Buffalo, finished MOLE parts) then I can start playing again. My goal is to reach Core Complete before KSP 1.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Thanks. :) Once I reach Core Complete (all Pathfinder IVAs done, some additional parts for Buffalo, finished MOLE parts) then I can start playing again. My goal is to reach Core Complete before KSP 1.2.

Well, I hope you reach that goal.  I assume the "sandcastle" stuff for Pathfinder is further down the road?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, I hope you reach that goal.  I assume the "sandcastle" stuff for Pathfinder is further down the road?

Yes and no. I am working on the parts needed for the sandcastles as I go, along with the needed plugin code. By the time I reach Core Complete, I hope to have all the pieces in place so that all I need are the printer and first habitat part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 Just a heads up with the latest WildBlueTools and DSEV I've noticed a weirdness issue and at least one confirmed bug.

The weirdness - and this may be intentional - the hex trusses no longer have empty versions available.  I can switch through every tank/container loadout and they all work fine but there is no longer an option for the hollow truss - pressurized crew truss or hollow with nodes.  Personally I hope this is a bug and not a change since I use your trusses for large probe frames all the time for the 6 even sides to load up with scanners/science.

The Bug - The Mascon ballast cannot have it's mass adjusted currently.  It attaches, it delivers it's base 50kg of mass but the right click menu button to open the window and change the mass is gone.  I've reinstalled both DSEV and WBT to make sure I didn't have anything mismatched and no joy.  I have not yet done a fully stripped down install of just DSEV/WBT/Stock but I do have several testing installs setup at the moment and across the board, small or large mod setup, the mascon cannot be adjusted.  

Will report back tomorrow with a stripped down test if you haven't checked into these issues before then.

As always, thanks for all your work!  It is most definitely appreciated. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok - update on a clean install test.  Yes they work but I did find what caused my problem.

DSEV doesn't like WBT 1.3.7 or 1.3.8.  So long as I use the 1.3.6 that's distributed with it there doesn't seem to be an issue.  I had updated to 1.3.8 right after you released it but hadn't noticed the issues above until yesterday since I hadn't needed those parts since then.

EDIT: LOL ok so this is really weird.  I've downgraded WBT to 1.3.6 under my full mod load and....

The trusses all work again in that I have hollow/crew tube/equipment/tank choices and the MASCON is working again.  However, with WBT 1.3.8 I lose those abilities but I gain the ability to swap the tanks around as if it were a Pathfinder module.  Under WBT 1.3.6 where they work though, no option to swap to a different container so I have LF/Ox but nothing else available.  

Just as a note - this is only on the trusses acting weird.  The other DSEV tanks have the Reconfigure menu but the trusses have a right-click menu arrow selector under 1.3.8 in order to swap the truss containers to something different like Slag or Pellets.

Edited by rasta013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasta013 said:

Ok - update on a clean install test.  Yes they work but I did find what caused my problem.

DSEV doesn't like WBT 1.3.7 or 1.3.8.  So long as I use the 1.3.6 that's distributed with it there doesn't seem to be an issue.  I had updated to 1.3.8 right after you released it but hadn't noticed the issues above until yesterday since I hadn't needed those parts since then.

Sounds like I need to recompile the DSEV plugin. That'll take a bit, but expect a bug fix soon (TM) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Still working on the DSEV patch, I've got a few things to sort out.

No worries and no rush.  It's working fine with WBT 1.3.8 besides those two quirks I mentioned and since I tend to balance properly it's not all that often the MASCON gets used anyway.  I've just been making probe cores based around the hex truss with tanks for the transfer stage instead of under it like I usually do. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DSEV 1.2.0 is now available

- Fixed an issue where the Hex Trusses weren't providing the hollow truss configuration.
- Fixed an issue where the Hex Trusses weren't allowing you to reconfigure the fuel tanks in their fuel tank configuration.
- Hex Trusses now use the standard dialog for configuring resources.
- All fuel tanks and trusses can now participate in Pathfinder's resource distribution system.
- Fixed an issue where the MASCON mass window wasn't appearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do you plan to move on to the N.A.U.T.I.L.U.S.-X re-creation? The DSEV seems pretty good (for now) to me. Have you started anything for the NAUTILUS?

Also, what happened to the Copernicus/Constellation project? It said "coming soon" for a while, then vanished. Did you just drop it? What did you get done for it?

 

Sorry for the wall of questions! I'm just curious as to what is going on.

(BTW mods I have read 2.1 and 2.2, and I am not pressuring them or anything, I am just curious. So please don't hit me with another forbidden content thing.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.