[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

On January 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Angel-125 said:

With the Clydesdale now complete, I looked at my roadmap for the next release of DSEV. The next tough project will be the centrifuge, but I already have ideas on how to spin the IVA along with the external model. The tough part will be seeing if I can have the IVA follow the external model as its folds up. If not, that's ok. Anyway, last month @Kuzzter suggested an inline variant of the Clydesdale, and I'm pleased to say that the exterior model came together rapidly. I need to flip the front name tag around, but it's otherwise good to go.

gYAhI1D.png

I just need to make a variant of the Clyde's IVA to account for the new form factor, but it will otherwise work fine for the Danube Delta. :)

My god that is so gorgeous! And some people and I have been testing the ASET props, the only thing that he is trying to get around to is the release. So using the beta from github as @MOARdV said, is a good idea for head start! :) 

5 hours ago, ISE said:

My god that is so gorgeous! And some people and I have been testing the ASET props, the only thing that he is trying to get around to is the release. So using the beta from github as @MOARdV said, is a good idea for head start! :) 

I'll look into it. Maybe I can cut my dev time down by reusing what I did for the Buffalo as a basis. It will have to wait until next week though, I have personal stuff going on this weekend. Might be able to finish the stock IVA though.

Getting close to done:

ETrC46h.png

N6bC04z.png

bwVvgx5.png

OKHtajg.png

N6ragaf.png

Stock IVA is pretty much good to go. :)

Now I'll see if I can adapt the Buffalo ASET IVA to the Clyde and save some time that way. If that works then I can apply it to the Danube, and those monitors up front will be able to use the ASET MFD screens. I wish I could get the "pong" monitors to show external views like RPM can..

Instead of the pong screens, how about the usual RPM MFDs'output with the controls for the large forward wall mounted screens in the panel in front of the kerbal?

That way you can throw a forward camera image up as well as orbital data. 

9 hours ago, Montieth said:

Instead of the pong screens, how about the usual RPM MFDs'output with the controls for the large forward wall mounted screens in the panel in front of the kerbal?

That way you can throw a forward camera image up as well as orbital data. 

That's actually the plan. :) What you see is the stock IVA, so that there's something available if you don't have RPM & ASET installed. Ideally, those pong screens will let you see camera views in addition to images from your Screenshots folder, but I've yet to figure that out. I'm also looking at an ASET version; seeing @JustJim and @adsii1970 use the Buffalo with ASET got me thinking about modifying the Buffalo's ASET IVA despite my earlier concerns- basically, they reminded me of just how cool ASET props look. And when @MOARdV releases Avionics Systems, I'll support that as well. :)

@Montieth@Just Jim@adsii1970@Kuzzter Here is the Danube Delta's ASET IVA:

Pilot's Station:

lezh2Yg.png

(NOTE: There is no digital altimiter that I could find)

Copilot's Station:

StIlvUb.png

Captain's Chair:

vJ1uyZH.png

Flight Engineer's Station:

Q8alxfQ.png

Systems Engineer's Station:

VdpNkCW.png

10 Forward:

hM1STB6.png

I have some reworking to do for the Clydesdale before its IVA is done.

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

What's the cross-section of that joint?  (It doesn't look like a Kerbal should be able to go through it to me.  The round part's fine, but the half-rounds to the sides look a bit small.)

0.625m by 1.25m, plenty of room for a kerbal to fit through. I've checked.

Edited by Angel-125

20 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

0.625m by 1.25m, plenty of room for a kerbal to fit through. I've checked.

* Wernher checked by grabbing Bob and stuffing him through progressively smaller tubes with a plunger until Bob got stuck (@ 0.3m).  Wernher then used a KIS/KAS grapple to pull him back out.  The medical staff say that Bob's head will loose its new traffic cone shape within the next few weeks - Kerbal medical researchers are still trying to determine if Kerbalnaut skulls are made of bone or sponge based upon the numerous crazy contraptions that various KSC administrators employ to get said Kerbalnauts into space (or into the ground).

Edit:

Someone should animate this?

Edited by smotheredrun

9 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Just a quick question:

Those "crew cans" on the ends of the folding crew tubes, will they be hard mounted or will the user be able to attach other "cans"? I.e. other labs/modules, etc

They are hard mounted, but you'll have multiple templates to choose from to configure the centrifuge. Plus, the crew can mesh will serve as the basis for a separate part; you'll have a hab, lab, and greenhouse crew can in addition to the D2 Centrifuge. :)

If you want the ability to mount your own parts, use the existing Spindle, Hub, and Counter Torque Ring along with Infernal Robotics.

Edited by Angel-125

On 1/29/2017 at 8:08 PM, Angel-125 said:

I've been slogging through the centrifuge this weekend, unwrapping and texturing and making it all look right is taking some time, but I've made progress:

CjsPmer.jpg

Just a suggestion... ignore it or implement it as you will.

But instead of those joints, how about flexible / inflatable tubes encased in a folding framework (kind of like the folding framework that connected Skylab and the Apollo telescope mount)

6 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Just a suggestion... ignore it or implement it as you will.

But instead of those joints, how about flexible / inflatable tubes encased in a folding framework (kind of like the folding framework that connected Skylab and the Apollo telescope mount)

If you can show me how to rig and animate such a configuration, then I can consider it. :)

I think from a mechanical perspective, a sliding elbow might be more workable. 

The joints rotate against each other which, when the two wedges are slipped in opposite directions makes the tube straight instead of an elbow. 

galvanized_elbow.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.