[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

mPMMFHm.png

I was able to get the ships docked by modifying the config file for the DR-325, see my last edited post.  Tried to weld the ports, and two of my graphene radiators seem to have cloaking devices on them,  I think I may restart from a prior save, and not do the welding.

Edited by Gumby1973

heres a suggestion that pretty easy to do, basic fuel tanks, in your standard switchable format, but in the same profile as the hab or cryo modules, maybe even a second variant at double the length.... just a thought :)

18 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Does the Cryo Shelter work with DeepFreeze yet?

It has been working with DeepFreeze since the part was introduced. Last time I tested it I had no difficulties. :)

On 4/30/2017 at 0:19 PM, Gumby1973 said:

I was able to get the ships docked by modifying the config file for the DR-325, see my last edited post.  Tried to weld the ports, and two of my graphene radiators seem to have cloaking devices on them,  I think I may restart from a prior save, and not do the welding.

Glad you got it working, can you send me a pull request?

On 18.1.2017 at 8:44 AM, Angel-125 said:

It's a revamp of my old SuperKerbal mini plugin.

You should mention that SuperKerbal needs KIS ...

[ERR 02:08:17.213] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KIS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 02:08:17.214] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KIS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 02:08:17.217] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SuperKerbal': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KIS, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

On 5/2/2017 at 0:13 AM, Space Kadet said:

@Angel-125 do you have a paetron, or another contrubution method. I love the mode (and am desperate for the naut) and figure thats the best way to get you a beer and a pizza

I don't, but I appreciate Amazon gift cards. I can PM you with my email address if you like. :)

16 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

You should mention that SuperKerbal needs KIS ...

[ERR 02:08:17.213] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KIS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 02:08:17.214] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KIS, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 02:08:17.217] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SuperKerbal': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'KIS, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Not worried about that. You can't use the part if KIS isn't installed, and the part souldn't even show up without KIS installed.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

DSEV 2.0.0.9 is now available:

New Part (requires KIS)
- Personal Flotation Device: This KIS item increases your kerbal's buoyancy after being equipped. Great for capsule recovery operations.

Yeah, I know, odd, but KerbalKISItems (which has the Mobile Emitter) is part of the DSEV mod...

For 1.2.2 or 1.2.9?

@Angel-125 Heres a funny odity for you, the tweakscale patch for the engineactually makes it more powerfull the smaller you make it, i.e. A standard engine with a .7 twr will drop to .6 if you bump up the size, but drop the size you will get .9! 

Dont fix it for a while im having fun :P

On 5/13/2017 at 11:24 PM, Space Kadet said:

@Angel-125 Heres a funny odity for you, the tweakscale patch for the engineactually makes it more powerfull the smaller you make it, i.e. A standard engine with a .7 twr will drop to .6 if you bump up the size, but drop the size you will get .9! 

Dont fix it for a while im having fun :P

No problem, I'll hold up awhile- and thanks for the gift card! :)

On 5/16/2017 at 1:59 AM, Space Kadet said:

It's the least I can do, this is a DLC id pay for, so I did :P  just keep up the good work and maybe add fuel tanks in the same form factor as the cryo pod at some point :P

Can't wait for the new ship!

Aside from the FLM-14400, 7200, and 3600? They're 3.75m in diameter. :)

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Aside from the FLM-14400, 7200, and 3600? They're 3.75m in diameter. :)

it wasent just the size, basically so they look like a blane metal cylinder, kind alike the deep freeze section looks like, so you can have losts of fuel tanks and it just looks like one silver tube (i thought you could reskin the deep freeze section, or take the windows out of the inline command pod.... i know it would be plane, but in my head its like the right of this but without the lights....
wearemany_final_small.png

also this is a great book!

I think I'm missing something. Trying to get the D2 Centrifuge to work with USI-LS. I see there is a MM patch for it, but the values there aren't matching what I'm seeing or aren't showing up at all:

• D2 Hab - does have a recycler, contains half the resources listed in the config (i.e. supplies: 8521, mulch 0/1000, fertilizer: 500 when config shows 12960, 2000, 1000 respectively). Does not have the hab multiplier.
  • D2 Greenhouse - similar config to D2HAB but uses @PART[D2_Greenhouse]. Doesn't show any USI-LS stuff at all. Just electric charge as a resource. I think this should be WBI_D2Greenhouse?
  • Centrifuge - uses @CENTRIFUGE[Centrifuge]. I assume this is to mean that if I click in manage options and select the Centrifuge config it should apply. All I get is kerbnet and research kits resource. Should this be WBICentrifuge too?
  • Clydesdale - This one works perfectly fine according to the config.

6 hours ago, Babalas said:

I think I'm missing something. Trying to get the D2 Centrifuge to work with USI-LS. I see there is a MM patch for it, but the values there aren't matching what I'm seeing or aren't showing up at all:

• D2 Hab - does have a recycler, contains half the resources listed in the config (i.e. supplies: 8521, mulch 0/1000, fertilizer: 500 when config shows 12960, 2000, 1000 respectively). Does not have the hab multiplier.
  • D2 Greenhouse - similar config to D2HAB but uses @PART[D2_Greenhouse]. Doesn't show any USI-LS stuff at all. Just electric charge as a resource. I think this should be WBI_D2Greenhouse?
  • Centrifuge - uses @CENTRIFUGE[Centrifuge]. I assume this is to mean that if I click in manage options and select the Centrifuge config it should apply. All I get is kerbnet and research kits resource. Should this be WBICentrifuge too?
  • Clydesdale - This one works perfectly fine according to the config.

ok so the hab multiplier isint working correctly, i think rover dude may have changed it a little while back (a few of the mods i had started to go funny) if you scan back through this post i put in a way to fix it a while back.
for your science stuff you have to right click and goto manage operations in there, and there's 2 boxes for science stuff in there (one works like a standard lab, and one for the Mole experiments.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:29 PM, Space Kadet said:

Well the standard line in your mm patch is 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        HabMultiplier = 6

and to get the Centrifuge inline with the mks hab ring it should be 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        BaseKerbalMonths = 497,5
        HabMultiplier = 0
    }

but i was using this below and it seems fair and althow less than the usi stuff, it feels more balenced.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHabitation
        BaseKerbalMonths = 120
        HabMultiplier = 6
    }

and that section i was reducing to 100 for the standard hab modules, and for the heisenberg stuff.

thats all ive played with, but again i love this mod! mainly that engine !

heres what you need

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

ok so the hab multiplier isint working correctly, i think rover dude may have changed it a little while back (a few of the mods i had started to go funny) if you scan back through this post i put in a way to fix it a while back.
for your science stuff you have to right click and goto manage operations in there, and there's 2 boxes for science stuff in there (one works like a standard lab, and one for the Mole experiments.

heres what you need

In my case I think it is the item names having changed (a WBI_ prefix added?) that is causing the selection to not work. I did see your post and had added those to the MM_USI config but they weren't being picked up. Think I'll just add them directly to the parts. Thanks.

5 hours ago, ISE said:

5tQ1ne0.png Nautilus X Wild Blue Industries Coming soon...:sticktongue: HYPE TRAIN TICKETS NOW FOR SALE LOL

Yup! I'm working on a top secret project this month, but DSEV is next up on my parts list. I plan to finish the Kopernicus by adding an inflatable module, that will be used by the Nautilus. There are other parts as well. The only downside is that with my new job, I don't have as much time as I did in the past several months, so I'll have to do smaller releases to get stuff done. But yes, Nautilus is almost on the radar. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.