[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I thought I added cryo tank support already as one of the storage options, is it not showing up?

so if you have it on cryo for the d2 truss you get 108k LH2 and 7200 ox, but if you just have it on hydro you only get 56k LH2, and neither seem to use any ec for the cryo cooling...

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

so if you have it on cryo for the d2 truss you get 108k LH2 and 7200 ox, but if you just have it on hydro you only get 56k LH2, and neither seem to use any ec for the cryo cooling...

It looks like the tanks aren't correctly calibrated for cryo, and the active cooling system isn't there. Next update will fix that. I can see from my config files that in career you have to purchase the Zero Boiloff Tanks upgrade at the Science Tech node.

27 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It looks like the tanks aren't correctly calibrated for cryo, and the active cooling system isn't there. Next update will fix that. I can see from my config files that in career you have to purchase the Zero Boiloff Tanks upgrade at the Science Tech node.

A few somewhat-off ratios have definitely been exploited by me in a design or two. I've noticed Cryo, and that the Aurum+Ore container (at least in Heisenburg) holds I think 4800 Ore and 4800 Aurum, while the Ore-only one holds 4800 ore.

Alright, here it is, after going through with a spreadsheet and doing some math.  My "ore sifter" now maintains within 1/100000th accuracy the mass from ore to the components and it has been balanced to run at slightly less than half the speed of the Bigby when processing metal ore and metal while using about the same amount of EC for everything. Thanks for the help and let me know what you think!

First Repository of my own on Github!

ETA: This is the Steam Whistle Centriforge (trying to stick with the naming style) for anyone that comes across this. It's a smelter and partshop for EL and uses a somewhat brute-force ore sifter to let you gather the needed metal ore if the station is in space and you have a standard miner. Also room for one WBI experiment so you can theoretically improve your abilities to construct while in orbit. Unlike a number of the other templates, this one does have a heat module to deal with using radiators, but it should be manageable.

Edited by Krakatoa

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

A few somewhat-off ratios have definitely been exploited by me in a design or two. I've noticed Cryo, and that the Aurum+Ore container (at least in Heisenburg) holds I think 4800 Ore and 4800 Aurum, while the Ore-only one holds 4800 ore.

Should no longer be a problem, Aurum+Ore template was removed. Congrats on the new templates. :)

Edited by Angel-125

On 8/17/2017 at 0:08 PM, Space Kadet said:

ok the subject of LS, the greenhouses still dont do anything with TAC installed, the reconfiguration for other modals (pathfinder tents, centrifuge etc) still work, but the greenhouse part dosnt do anything.

For the life of me I can't figure out why. The TAC greenhouse is a straight up ModuleResourceConverter that uses nothing but TAC resources: CarbonDioxide, Water, Waste turn into Oxygen, WasteWater, and Food.

25 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why. The TAC greenhouse is a straight up ModuleResourceConverter that uses nothing but TAC resources: CarbonDioxide, Water, Waste turn into Oxygen, WasteWater, and Food.

Sorry if this isn't it, but the D2 Greenhouse doesn't have WBIMultiConverter, so it can't look for the GREENHOUSE node, so maybe that's it?

37 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Sorry if this isn't it, but the D2 Greenhouse doesn't have WBIMultiConverter, so it can't look for the GREENHOUSE node, so maybe that's it?

Hm... Found it, the MM patch is using the wrong part name. Now using correct name, should be fixed in next release. :)

Turns out, Snacks would have the same problem...

Edited by Angel-125

From over on: 

May have a conflict: ModuleFusionReactor is the name used by Angel-125's DSEV for its fusion reactors. It seems that it doesn't cause any major problems other than the right click menu looking odd. It seems that reactors configured for DSEV still work properly though the new buttons like Enable Charging and fuel type do not work (because not configured).

MM patch to add FFT features to DSEV's reactors or conflict requiring module re-naming or neither?

@Nertea replied:

Oh that's a big problem. For now don't used DSEV and FFT in the same install, even if you don't see any problems trust me, there are many going on behind the scenes. 

I hope we don't have to resort to the Thunderdome to see who gets to use the module name. :/

1 hour ago, Sudragon said:

From over on: 

@Nertea replied:

I hope we don't have to resort to the Thunderdome to see who gets to use the module name. :/

i have been using them the whole time, this could be interesting :/, well if it corrupts the save file it wont be the first rescue i've had to perform :P

DSEV 2.2.5 is now available:

- BARIS is now an optional download as originally intended- just took awhile for me to figure out how to make that work. DO NOT DELETE the 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete FOLDER! That plugin is the bridge between this mod and BARIS.
- Fixed some issues with Cryo Engines support.
- D2 Greenhouse should work properly for TAC-LS and Snacks.
- Added KIS storage option to the Size 2 and Size 3 fuel tanks.
- Transfered Quad Engine Coupler from MOLE to DSEV; retexturing not done yet.
- Added Hyperion T.A.V. to ReferenceDesigns.

On 8/20/2017 at 2:27 AM, Space Kadet said:

ok i got a weird bug for you, on occasionally jumping back to my station (scrapheap in the videos) all the containers reset to LFO instead of what they are supposed to be, causing the loss of resources. 

Next time that happens, can you post your logs? That's a really weird one.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Next time that happens, can you post your logs? That's a really weird one.

I will do, i didnt catch when it happened and restarted before i figured out what was going on, i thought it was an EL glitch then in restarting realised i was out of LS too :P still having fun thow. Just wait for the eve kolonisation!

2 hours ago, KnotaiG said:

The latest version of DSEV on SpaceDock has the Heisenberg folder not the DSEV folder.

Ok, it's not just me!

The Github repo has the right file, tho.

Edited by Padrone
Checked something.

14 hours ago, Padrone said:

Ok, it's not just me!

The Github repo has the right file, tho.

Fixed.

Also, out with the old, in with the new:

PeO1nPA.png

Q6YhYyR.png

The old version of the FLM-3600 (left) compared with the new model (right). I'm currently working on the gray textures that will match the existing D2 parts, but there will also be a white texture variant to match stock Size 3 tanks as well as a newer "Big Orange Tank" texture variant.

Edited by Angel-125

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Fixed.

The old version of the FLM-3600 (left) compared with the new model (right). I'm currently working on the gray textures that will match the existing D2 parts, but there will also be a white texture variant to match stock Size 3 tanks as well as a newer "Big Orange Tank" texture variant.

Woohoo! I've been slow rolling time in my career by putzing around designing future launches purely in the hope that you'd be able to release the new textures. So happy I did!

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Fixed.

Please hand me that drool bucket over there!

Edited by adsii1970

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.