[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

Do you plan on updating the CKAN entry to the latest version?

Edit: NVM I just installed it from spacedock. I can't find the reference designs in the files, though. Would someone mind linking them?

Edited by ninthninja05

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Startpanikin1 said:

I have a few things I need to address

All expandable part auto extend and I can't retract them and the Habs and Greenhouses don't work with USI LS

Be sure to install everything included into the GameData directory. There is no support for USI LS.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, ninthninja05 said:

Edit: NVM I just installed it from spacedock. I can't find the reference designs in the files, though. Would someone mind linking them?

Not sure why CKAN doesn't update to the latest, that's a @linuxgurugamer question, who generously created the CKAN configs. :)

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Be sure to install everything included into the GameData directory. There is no support for USI LS.

Not sure why CKAN doesn't update to the latest, that's a @linuxgurugamer question, who generously created the CKAN configs. :)

Actually, @HebaruSan would know more about that

On 4/5/2021 at 8:30 PM, ninthninja05 said:

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, @HebaruSan would know more about that

Hi, the latest version of DSEV is on CKAN:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/DSEV/DSEV-v3.8.0.ckan

If you're stuck on an older version, you may need to uninstall and reinstall. Some folks have ended up with some tricky sets of conflicts after we updated the netkans to handle play modes in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/8275 , and a fresh install turned out to be the easiest way to resolve it.

@Startpanikin1

ok what other mods do you have installed?.
I had an issue like this but with some stock parts.

when I placed them they would auto open EG containers and not allow me to close them again in the editor.

turns out it was a mod that makes animated parts use electic cant remember name of mod but if you have that mod installed remove it and test again

*INHALES*

Far future tech, deepfreeze, EVS, MKS, stock alike space station parts redux, EPL, Heat control, hyper edit, KAS, KIS, KPBS, Kerbal atomics, kerbal engineer, Kerbal reusability expansion, KSP recall, Mechjeb2, NF electric prop propulsion and solar, Persistent thrust, Planetary domes, Radical engines,  Scansat, sstu, tweakscale, USI LS and warp drive

Pfftt that it? :P
And yeah the mod I am thinking of is not on that list so I am sorry I cant help any more than the one mod I had issues with sorry :(

As said post logs and I am sure one of these very clever people will assist :)

Edited by stk2008

• 1 month later...

The ability to toggle the MMOD and change the texturing of certain parts for me seems to have dissapeared. Last time I installed this mod with the exact same suite of mods i was using beforehand they were present. any idea what could be causing this?  
This is the list of mods I'm using:
E4F_wUgXwAYKfyS?format=png&name=900x900

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,
it's the nimrod with all the mods (well, most of them).
I updated to 1.12 today, and find myself unable to start the game. Since this does normally take a while, due to the obscene number of mods I have, I waited for a few hours.
The progress bar remained a smidge at the far left, the message remained "Loading Part Upgrades". For many more hours than starting usually takes.

Assuming problems with parts, I began my troubleshooting by removing many, many mods that involved parts, and began selectively putting them back, in smaller batches, and then attempting to start the game.
In the end, I was left with DSEV. If I take it out of the WildBlueIndustries folder (and out of GameData entirely, of course) and try, the game starts as it should.
If I put it back in there, the load screen gets stuck on "Loading Part Upgrades" again.
I grabbed the most recent previous version of DSEV I found on the GitHub, version 3.7.1.0, for no rational reason, and just shoved the DSEV subfolder into WildBlueIndustries (didn't revert the other dependencies that come with the mod). Same problem.

I'm not sure DSEV is causing this. I'd wager it's another mod that, in 1.12, isn't playing nice with DSEV, or is blockading something DSEV maybe needs.
Any suggestions how to fix this would be much appreciated!

Also, got some log files.
Here is a startup with the latest DSEV in place: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ikl-nJZg7ae7CPzExjqFWcSognwtMjdh/view?usp=sharing
Here is a startup with DSEV 3.7.1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VpaUBhENPRJ3-zkbjQZGSmA_dHYNpk0H/view?usp=sharing
Here is startup with everything the same, except no DSEV anywhere: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e_pmV4-32GPxbb66GcmJnExExw8E04AW/view?usp=sharing

Edited by DerGolgo
clarification and punctuation

2 hours ago, DerGolgo said:

Hiya,
it's the nimrod with all the mods (well, most of them).
I updated to 1.12 today, and find myself unable to start the game. Since this does normally take a while, due to the obscene number of mods I have, I waited for a few hours.
The progress bar remained a smidge at the far left, the message remained "Loading Part Upgrades". For many more hours than starting usually takes.

Assuming problems with parts, I began my troubleshooting by removing many, many mods that involved parts, and began selectively putting them back, in smaller batches, and then attempting to start the game.
In the end, I was left with DSEV. If I take it out of the WildBlueIndustries folder (and out of GameData entirely, of course) and try, the game starts as it should.
If I put it back in there, the load screen gets stuck on "Loading Part Upgrades" again.
I grabbed the most recent previous version of DSEV I found on the GitHub, version 3.7.1.0, for no rational reason, and just shoved the DSEV subfolder into WildBlueIndustries (didn't revert the other dependencies that come with the mod). Same problem.

I'm not sure DSEV is causing this. I'd wager it's another mod that, in 1.12, isn't playing nice with DSEV, or is blockading something DSEV maybe needs.
Any suggestions how to fix this would be much appreciated!

Also, got some log files.
Here is a startup with the latest DSEV in place: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ikl-nJZg7ae7CPzExjqFWcSognwtMjdh/view?usp=sharing
Here is a startup with DSEV 3.7.1.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VpaUBhENPRJ3-zkbjQZGSmA_dHYNpk0H/view?usp=sharing
Here is startup with everything the same, except no DSEV anywhere: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e_pmV4-32GPxbb66GcmJnExExw8E04AW/view?usp=sharing

KSP 1.12 was just released and I haven't had time to look at my mods yet. I'm waiting for 1.12.1 at the very least before trying to ascertain what, if anything, needs fixing before making any updates. My only suggestion would be to download DSEV and then download the very latest Wild Blue Tools and replace the one that comes in DSEV. See if that helps any.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

KSP 1.12 was just released and I haven't had time to look at my mods yet. I'm waiting for 1.12.1 at the very least before trying to ascertain what, if anything, needs fixing before making any updates. My only suggestion would be to download DSEV and then download the very latest Wild Blue Tools and replace the one that comes in DSEV. See if that helps any.

Yeah, my bad. I usually miss updates. I have missed entire versions, despite playing a lot. So when I saw the "Update" button in launcher not gray like usual, my instinct was to try and catch up.
If nothing else, I hope my logs are maybe helpful to you.

I've just downdated back to 1.11, I can wait to update.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, running the mod on 1.12.2, and for some reason some parts will show up and others won't, for example the Delta, Moho, and Duna series tanks along with the trusses that have the option to have things inside of them. However, the big circle tank and the tank with 6 Delta tanks exists. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• 1 month later...

I dont know if anyone else is running into this issue, but just in case:

I have identified the "cruise control" feature to bug the NavBall accelerometer and disallow time acceleration with error "cannot warp when ship under acceleration" (even when all engines shut down and craft under positive CommNet control).

I was able to remove the MM patch which added this module to stock ion engines, after removing the patch the issue did not re-occur.

The bug appeared to only occur with multiple stock ion drives which have had the cruise control module applied, a single engine worked fine. Have only tested "Dawn" ion engine vigorously.

Not sure if this bug is caused by interaction with another mod (Im running most of the fan faves and then some, have 119 folders in GameData - there arent many that mess with thrust though), but hopefully this might provide a datapoint if you are trying to diagnose something.

First time back on the forums in years, nice to be back, hope you are all well!

Edited by p1t1o

• 2 weeks later...

Posting to this thread since I think the deepfreeze experiments come from DSEV. The lab GUI  Says I need 10 units of glykerol despite having over 2000 on my station. I've tried bolting a container of the stuff to the mobile processing lab but it still doesn't let me progress.

Screenshot_9.png

20 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

Posting to this thread since I think the deepfreeze experiments come from DSEV. The lab GUI  Says I need 10 units of glykerol despite having over 2000 on my station. I've tried bolting a container of the stuff to the mobile processing lab but it still doesn't let me progress.

Screenshot_9.png

Does your Mobile Processing Lab have Glykerol in it? Based on the experiment definition, it looks like the lab itself needs to have Glykerol in the part itself to count the experiment as completed. That's something I added years ago and forgot about; it's probably not an intuitive requirement and should be removed.

Meanwhile, you could try patching the 000WildBlueTools/Experiments/DeepFreezeExperiments.cfg, and wherever you see "requiredResources =" in the experiment definition, find the entry for Glykerol, and append ",true" to the end of the line. For instance, WBILongTermCryogenicStudy has requiredResources = LabTime,100;ElectricCharge,300;Glykerol,10. Change that to requiredResources = LabTime,100;ElectricCharge,300;Glykerol,10,true

See if that clears up the issue.

DSEV 3.10.0 is now available:

- Added Size 2 (2.5m) Saddle Truss parts.
- The Storage Shield now has a removable back plate to accommodate longer engines and parts.
- Fixed some bugs in Wild Blue Tools.
- Science experiments now default their resource requirements to the entire vessel instead of defaulting to the science lab part.

• 2 months later...