[Min KSP: 1.12.2] Deep Space Exploration Vessels - Build NASA Inspired Ships In KSP

Angelo Kerman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Are you getting any errors in your logs?

Hmm......  MAS has a bunch of files and folders with "ERROR" in the name but they don't seem to be causing problems.

Got an error loading every height map in Beyond Home system......

A couple from SCANsat.......

Ah, here's one with your name on it...

[LOG 19:11:58.047] WBIKISSeatInventoryConfig encountered an error while setting up a seat inventory: method argument length mismatch

That's the only WBI error noted.  But this looks more like a config glitch somehow causing the Trinity to emit pink haze all the time instead of just when running.  The engine seems to work just fine and gets the normal get of flame when running.

• 2 months later...

First off I am running KSP 1.4.5 and DSEV version 3.1.12. Wild Blue Tools version 1.61.0

The problem is that for many of the control pods in cockpit view I am only seeing the "stock" style control panels. I have the "pong" style static screens instead of functional MFDs. The Estonian has this problem, as does the inline Nautilus and various others. Interestingly the Brumbly and other command pods from other modders are fine. RastorPropMonitor is installed.

Am I missing something? I am almost certain that your mods supported the MFD view, so I'm thinking I've got something installed wrong.

Thanks for all your mods -- I've always appreciated your ship design.

@Angel-125 So I had to download yet another of your mods...I am experiencing what is known as 'mod creep' :P This whole mod is awesome, but I just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. Have you ever considered making Real Plume configs for your mods, especially this one with its futuristic nuclear engines? IMO realistic plumes would be the icing on the cake :)

2. Do you plan to adapt DSEV's centrifuges to work with the Breaking Ground robotics?

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 So I had to download yet another of your mods...I am experiencing what is known as 'mod creep' :P This whole mod is awesome, but I just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. Have you ever considered making Real Plume configs for your mods, especially this one with its futuristic nuclear engines? IMO realistic plumes would be the icing on the cake :)

2. Do you plan to adapt DSEV's centrifuges to work with the Breaking Ground robotics?

I haven’t thought of real plume for DSEVbut MOLE has it. For the centrifuge, I thought about making new spindle and hub parts like I had in the old days but with limited free time and KSP2 on the way my plans are on hold. As it is I am struggling to finish the mothership...

• 3 months later...

DSEV 3.4.1 is now available:

- Drag cube fix for D2 Instrument Unit.
- 2.5m station parts parts now have a DSEV White texture option.

New Parts
- S0-18 Adapter: This adapter goes between Size 0 and Size 1p5, and has both the original and DSEV White texture option.
- S1-18 Adapter: This adapter goes between Size 1 and Size 1p5, and has both the original and DSEV White texture option.
- S2-18 Adapter: This adapter goes between Size 2 and Size 1p5, and has both the original and DSEV White texture option.
- S2 Cargo Bay: This is a small 2.5m diameter cargo bay

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Are there any known mod incompatibilities?

Im getting a strange bug where the supernova engine, if included with a craft causes the following:

Main accelerometer (right hand side of navball) is unresponsive, locked in place. Nanoguage still registers correct acceleration and gravity.

More importantly - timewarp is disabled and I get the message "timewarp not possible when craft is under acceleration" (or whatever the exact wording is), even with engine deactivated.

The effect is present even in very simple craft that include the engine.

Im assuming it has something to do with the cruise control module?

I tried "//'ing" the cruise control module out of the part file but this causes VAB to crash the game (that was probably never gonna work right?)

I know Im supposed to remove all mods and try re-adding them one at a time....thing is, my current build has something over 100mods in it....so if anyone has any bits of knowledge that might help.....Id be very grateful.

If there is any specific info I can provide, mod list, error log etc let me know and Ill do my best to provide.

Very keen to get this working as the engines included in this mod, as far as I am aware, are the only (non-warp) engines available for KSP that have any reasonable capability for reaching other stars - and this is the main aim of my current career, using Real Exoplanets and Extrasolar.

Would it be possible to convert the engine to a "normal" engine by altering the partfile? Removing the extra features and just keeping the standard resource-consuming engine module?

Thanks very much, any advice at all would be appreciated :)

***edit***

Update: have had some success when removing the cruise control and supernova modules, along with converting the engine modules to ModuleEnginesFX from ModeulEnginesFXWBI. Engine now performs as any run of the mill multi-mode engine and the accelerometer/timewarp effects are no longer present. Monitoring for any instabilities.

Incidentally, any idea how much radiator the supernova usually needs?

Edited by p1t1o

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2015 at 8:56 AM, Angel-125 said:

Dependencies

DSEV is a Kerbal Space Program mod by Wild Blue Industries. If you want to boldly go, we'll get you there.

Is IR still a dependency with Kerbal Actuators and/or Breaking Ground?

Also, is Deep Freeze (and more specifically it's dependency Background Processing) compatible with Wild Blue mods?

Edited by Nightside

On 3/15/2020 at 8:54 AM, Nightside said:

Is IR still a dependency with Kerbal Actuators and/or Breaking Ground?

Also, is Deep Freeze (and more specifically it's dependency Background Processing) compatible with Wild Blue mods?

IR no longer supported.

DeepFreeze supported.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Excellent, thank you! I hadn't played with this mod for at least a year or so, and all the new parts are really cool.

It does make me wonder if I should make a new rotating hub part that requires Breaking Ground. Something like the Junction node with a spinning section...

• 1 month later...

Not entirely certain which part of the WIld Blue universe the part comes in, but the Radial Airlock seems to be upside down. As in any Kerbal exiting clings to the door head "down." Yes, the part can easily be flipped, but then the window is on the bottom, which looks wrong.

I'm still running on 1.8.1 so I don't expect a patch, but is there any .cfg edit I can make that will flip the axis?

3 hours ago, Mandella said:

Not entirely certain which part of the WIld Blue universe the part comes in, but the Radial Airlock seems to be upside down. As in any Kerbal exiting clings to the door head "down." Yes, the part can easily be flipped, but then the window is on the bottom, which looks wrong.

I'm still running on 1.8.1 so I don't expect a patch, but is there any .cfg edit I can make that will flip the axis?

Which version of the airlock? The square one or round one?

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.