[1.0.5 ] KSC Floodlight (24.02.2016)

Divico

Looks cool! They do kind of dwarf most KSP rockets, though.

You are kind of right...

I tried to use real-ish numbers. These towers seem to be in the range of 150m - 180m. The NASA VAB is 160m. So I scaled it to that.

I'll test what a 0.75 or even 0.5 scale looks like.

You are kind of right...

I tried to use real-ish numbers. These towers seem to be in the range of 150m - 180m. The NASA VAB is 160m. So I scaled it to that.

I'll test what a 0.75 or even 0.5 scale looks like.

Since the real-life towers are lightning rods, generally they need to be a bit taller than the tallest rockets that will be on the pad. So making them as tall as the VAB is probably reasonable.

I dunno if this would be possible as I don't know how Kerbal Konstructs works but could the lights rotate up and down to adjust where the light is pointing at depending on your ship?

That's not possible. KK can only run an animation (i.e. light) on mouse click and run it backwards on the second click.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Courn Wallace said:

Is it compatible with rescale mods? I've installed but it is not showing up.

I didn't test it. Depends on whether the current KerbalKonstructs version works with RSS or not (the last version did). The towers are most likely below surface. You'll have to raise the altitude manually; launch a ship and open the KK editor with Ctrl-K.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.