Divico

[1.0.5 ] KSC Floodlight (24.02.2016)

QJ1u0no.png

Not quite. This is how it looks on 64K. Those towers are not only a bit east, which it common problem for 64K, but also more apart for some reason.

I've checked that FloodlightKSC.cfg has four different positioning variables for them: RadialPosition, RadiusOffset, RefLatitude and RefLongitude. I think it is possible to make adjusted version of those for rescaled worlds, especially if you know how KerbalKonstructs works. Or adjust them it at random(my case).

Or maybe there is some sort of ingame tool for this?

Edited by KvaNTy

12 hours ago, KvaNTy said:

QJ1u0no.png

Not quite. This is how it looks on 64K. Those towers are not only a bit east, which it common problem for 64K, but also more apart for some reason.

I've checked that FloodlightKSC.cfg has four different positioning variables for them: RadialPosition, RadiusOffset, RefLatitude and RefLongitude. I think it is possible to make adjusted version of those for rescaled worlds, especially if you know how KerbalKonstructs works. Or adjust them it at random(my case).

Use the in-game editing tools of KK. Keep in mind any changes made will be specific to the rescale of the planet. So if you go back to standard scale, the objects will be out of position again.

On 2/23/2016 at 11:57 AM, KvaNTy said:

QJ1u0no.png

Did you ever get this sorted out in 64k, by chance?

On 2/10/2015 at 9:28 AM, Divico said:

KSC Floodlight

Adds 4 Floodlight Towers to the KSC Launchpad.

Click the towers to turn on the light.

OwaNQsx.png

Requires KerbalKonstructs (included).

License

cc-by-nc-sa-4.0

Click the towers to turn the lights on.... I did, nothing.... OK... so click the towers in your game, NOT the photo of the towers in your post...

I know... I love nit picking. :)

@Divico It works fine in 1.1 - OP (and Spacedock) ought to be updated.  I added this to KSC++ and it looks great.

Lights do turn on and off as advertised, however it's slowly fades in and out and it's a very subtle effect, which is PERFECT.

Confirmed a good work of this mod in 1.3.0.

36bU7gp.png

Seems that mod files is compatible with new KK, download link also working. Need to change just the installation instruction: don't need the copy KerbalKonstruct folder from .zip, need to copy only folder "KSCFloodlight" and have already installed new version of KerbalKonstruct by @Ger_space .

Luck in flight.

I've been using this mod for a while now. I don't claim to comprehend how KerbalKonstruct works. Am I not doing something correctly? Clicking on the lights does nothing, although they appear to always be on. They do not actually light up the launchpad. Purely eye candy. Is this normal behavior?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.