THE ULTIMATE ORBIT-BASED LUNAR SMACKDOOOOOOWN

What's driving me starkers is the atmosphere. I have seen my rockets do incredibly bizarre things, like start to flip, reverse backwards, and flip the opposite way. Without any kind of user thrust or SAS.

I mean, what the hell.

As promised (with a slightly different rocket, so's I can safely return the crew!):

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot5.png

screenshot6.png

screenshot7.png

screenshot8.png

screenshot9.png

screenshot10.png

screenshot11.png

screenshot12.png

screenshot13.png

screenshot14.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot16.png

screenshot17.png

screenshot18.png

screenshot19.png

screenshot20.png

screenshot21.png

screenshot22.png

screenshot23.png

screenshot24.png

screenshot25.png

screenshot26.png

screenshot27.png

Oh, and the .craft files. You'll want Moonraker 79, but I'll upload all my failures, too, for y'all to laugh at. :P

I'll finish off the re-entry and stuff tomorrow.

What's driving me starkers is the atmosphere. I have seen my rockets do incredibly bizarre things, like start to flip, reverse backwards, and flip the opposite way. Without any kind of user thrust or SAS.

I mean, what the hell.

Ah so I'm not the only one having this problem.

It's the fins, I think. They do funny things if you're not really, really precise in your flight.

In other news, I have now managed to eliminate all the struts from my design, as well as all but three of the SAS modules. I think I can trim more yet, we'll see.

screenshot4.png

screenshot3.png

I may not need all 120 winglets on the design either. We'll see about that, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Then we need a bigger launch pad

I also request a bigger Mun for more mun-fun! With clever usage of the right-click and left-click in the ship-building hanger, you can make the ship spawn off of the launchpad (though still at the same height above the ground, get going FAST or die trying!). A Mun of even triple of quadruple size wouldn't be too hard to launch of you move it off the launchpad.

Btw, it's zoom all the way out, scroll all the way to the top, left-click your module and move it left and right, then shift camera angle and repeat. Try and stick it over in a wall (above ground may still be needed, I've had the ship spawn at the tower randomly still sometimes). No idea if it's been reported as a bug yet but I don't want it fixed until we get a bigger launchpad :D

Also, super important, SAVE YOUR SHIP BEFORE YOU MOVE IT INTO THE WALL. You will never get it back lol ???.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...