World Animal Day on Kerbin!

Goddess Bhavani

October 4th is

World Animal Day!

UtlWdc7.png

In commemoration of this nature friendly day, I had previously over the past weeks deployed a strange contraption that looked somewhat like one of my little sheep toys.

Called the Spacesheep, it's an orbital lab with extended-range wet fuel storage and self landing capabilities; its offset cockpit makes it look like either a very long dog, or a sheep.

O2lavrY.jpg

Forumer UpsilonAerospace replied to one of the SpaceSheep threads with a unique creation of his own - an actual space sheep intended for Dunatian ranchers to produce fine steel wool for dishwashing purposes.

As I had not unlocked rover technology in my ultra hard, no rep, low funds Career mode, I thought to request for the craft file for future reference.

c91pvTs.jpg

Yesterday, in preparation for World Animal Day, I finally released an upgraded Lamb Rover with improved suspension and internal science payload but still very much based on UpsilonAerospace's unique original design.

Forumer Ghostbuzzer7 also contributed this very cute render of a clone electric sheep army in Esinohio's render farm thread.

You better watch out, you better hide, the sheep are coming to the KSC tonight in the morning. They will take all your snacks, rob you of your funds but fortunately, they love to snooze at night! ooh the sheep are coming.... to KSC

4HURTRa.jpg

It appears we are going baaaa-ck to the future!

Lastly, BlackMetalDash has added his Pegasus to my YouTube channel's craft testing queue, so we will have flying ponies in no time!

hG0lp3X.png

With increased interest in Dunatian exploratory missions and long-term planetary habitation, the Kerbin Mechanized Wildlife Exploitation Reserve would like you to construct and share more types of mechanical animals in order to seed the Galaxy with cuteness!

That's all for today's special report on World Animal Day! Brought to you by the Church of Moar Booster! This is Kitten News Network signing off!

Though it's still in its early stages of completion, I feel obliged to post a cat-rover I'm working on... and rest assured, this is still a really rough version and there'll be more types of cat to come. Oh, and I'm currently working on making the cat seem a little less melancholy, so don't worry about that...

(I hope you're prepared, pandoras kitten.)

BPnB27o.jpg

-Upsilon

Here's a few that I made:

Dog:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This little guy is able to do tricks with the use of his built-in reaction wheel system. He even comes with a collar.

Horse:

This guy can run to speeds of 60 m/s with the use of its rocket engines. It also comes with a saddle, allowing it to carry a rider.

And a falcon/hawk:

This bird can get into the air by firing a pair of sepratrons, where it can then glide around for a bit. Landing back on the ground is a bit rough, however.

Edited by Rthsom

This thread is hilarious! I dont make animals out of rocket parts LMAO but keep em coming thats brilliant! An actual flying horse! in the heroic pose of "I'll save you!" LMAO i'd like to see that land!

space sheep

Hehehe, looks are deceptive when the legs are retracted.

However...

kTyiPiL.jpg

We can observe on the real sheep that the size 1 sheep head blends smoothly to the size 2 body and it has 4 legs :D

white-suffolk-sheep-ram-1.jpg

@ Rthsom

Wow those are some impressive creations! Especially that horse! It looks like an armored warhorse with all the angular panels and accessories. Would you have a craft file for those fine animals?

@ Rthsom

Wow those are some impressive creations! Especially that horse! It looks like an armored warhorse with all the angular panels and accessories. Would you have a craft file for those fine animals?

Sure! I'll upload the craft files when I get home.

EDIT: Okay, here they are. I should be doing this in the Spacecraft Exchange probably, but I don't think a new thread should be made just for this:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9k5im61i8lk0ndo/AAC6b_kxu1apG2vWVeSxROira?dl=0

Some things to note: the horse and especially the dog are top heavy, so don't turn too fast. The dog's reaction wheels are disabled by default because they flipped it often when driving around. Also, The bird's controls are 90 degrees off, because the probe core is not oriented properly (it is this way so that it has a flat body).

Edited by Rthsom

Thank you! I shall look forward to populating the planet with ark-ship filled with all the animal species :D

Tempted to leave corrals of horses out on the plains, and hawks perched on the mountains :)

Thanks! I might create some more animals now that I've gotten into it.

Really imaginative stuff! Thanks for sharing it.

No problem.

I have a couple of animal-related craft that I'm tinkering with at the moment, although both are designed to accommodate a rider in a command seat.

I have the Kestrel. For when you need a bird of prey. So far I have not managed to successfully tag a Lamb Rover into its talons or anything else. But it does stand on its own two feet (with a bit of help from SAS and torque wheels). Need to redo the wings to get a better feathered look. This is only the first prototype.

And the Butterfly. The Butterfly is also proving to be a supremely capable and easy to handle craft. It's balanced enough that you don't need to use SAS.

Both 100% stock and VTOLs. Will post them to KerbalX once I'm happy with them.

PmeMzTM.jpg

3kYKBGm.png

Remember all those people that told you "when pigs fly"?

Jolly Roger Aerospace presents,

SPACE PIG

... and The JRA T-7 "Dori" Class Fighter

Craft file for the "Dori" Class: http://kerbalx.com/JollyRogerAerospace/JRA-T-7-Dori-Class-Fighter

Edited by greydragon70

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.