missing options in VAB

Hello everyone,

I recently started playing KSP again and this time with a load of mods for a new experience - but I am missing some options in KSP.

When creating a new game it used to be that I could choose for example how much science or funds I got from contracts, with sliders. No more, just re-entry heat, resource abundance and the checkmark-options like "allow flight reversing".

In the VAB I used to have options for rotating parts and for translating parts with little arrows - now I only have "place" and "root" ... those other things were incredibly useful - where have they gone?

cheers,

SoWe

When creating a new game it used to be that I could choose for example how much science or funds I got from contracts, with sliders. No more, just re-entry heat, resource abundance and the checkmark-options like "allow flight reversing".

Sounds like you started a Sandbox mode save. Make sure you actually select "career"!

Also, mods can change your experience. Particularly, Better Than Starting Manned changes both the difficulty settings available to you and the tools available to you in the VAB. Though that would admittedly confuse me a bit, since you said you had "a load of mods", while BTSM is supposed to be played alone. It's a "total conversion" style mod that provides its own, unique experience and isn't really conceptually compatible with most other mods.

Sounds like you started a Sandbox mode save. Make sure you actually select "career"!

Also, mods can change your experience. Particularly, Better Than Starting Manned changes both the difficulty settings available to you and the tools available to you in the VAB. Though that would admittedly confuse me a bit, since you said you had "a load of mods", while BTSM is supposed to be played alone. It's a "total conversion" style mod that provides its own, unique experience and isn't really conceptually compatible with most other mods.

well I have

BTSM

Crowd Sourced Science

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kopernicus

NavBallDockingALignmentIndicator

New Horizons

guess one of those is the meanie ... will try without the mods and see what's the problem - maybe reinstall the game if that doesn't help it :/

thanks for the replies guyses

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.