[1.12.x] USI Core (Reactors and Kontainers)

RoverDude

Hey RoverDude, I'm making part description text for the NFE enabled settings for the reactors, so, how do I do a pull request giving you them and where?

Also, can part descriptions be changed via MM configs? I know it'd be an MM thread question, but hey, while I'm here.....

Edited by smjjames

Okay, I'll go ask in the MM thread.

Also, a minor thing that I've been noticing with the action groups, sometimes it'll be labelled start/deactivate reactor and sometimes it'll be labelled start/stop converter, it seems to just be a naming thing, not sure how it's being triggered though.

Also, not sure if intentional, the kontainer tanks show as the dark skin in the part list but are gold when removed from it.

Edited by smjjames

I have to admit to a little confusion here - the GitHub repo's link goes to version 0.0.1.0 here: https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Core/releases, but also says 0.1.0 on the 16th

Your post says 0.0.1.0 is up, but references 0.1.0 from the 16th, and the GitHub repo says 0.0.1.0 is 4 days old...

The KerbalStuff download says 0.5.1 here: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1194/USI%20Core

Which is which?? =(

• 4 weeks later...

0.0.1.0 IS UP

0.1.1 - 2015.11.09

------------------

KSP 1.0.5. compatibility

Added CRP dependency

Corrected typos/case issues in CTT and Version files

Reactors no longer trickle charge, but do have double resource storage

Reactors now use core heat! Required coolant for the various reactors is 200kw/400kw/800kw/1600kw

How do I change it back to trickle charge and not have core heat?

You don't ;) Tho one could make a MM patch. This is also the one where these guys also need radiators.

I'm having a little issue with the reactors RoverDude, I'm not seeing a Start Reactor/Stop Reactor button at all, just getting transfer fuel and transfer waste buttons. Is there a dependency I might be missing here?

What KSP version?

I just landed a 5m Kontainer full of parts to build a Mun base and I cannot open the container on EVA. The only way I can open it is by linking my Buffalo MSEV's winch to it and then accessing the inventory from the rover. ...but the MSEV doesn't have enough storage space to transfer any of the parts over out of the Kontainer. The only option my engineers have when clicking the container is to disassemble it.

Am I missing something here or will I need to land a larger, different KIS container to transfer those parts out?

Kontainer_1.jpg

No idea then... they basically use stock. Try on a clean install?

I've been having the same problems with reactors - you can activate them with previously bound action groups, but that's currently the only way to turn them on. Haven't had a chance to test this on a clean install yet, but I'll give that a go later on.

Also due to popular demand, trickle charge is coming back.

Thanks, I guess a lot of people were complaining on twitch chat?

The core heat I guess I can live with as long as the radiator needs are minimal to keep part count as low as possible.

No just a couple of requests on the forums but enough that I might as well swap it. It will still of course require radiators (right now it's a lot lighter than NFE due to lack of the radiator constraint, but now that core heating is stock, it makes sense to plug those in).

Yep, def. try a clean install - let me know how it goes, I've been using these a lot in testing.

Also due to popular demand, trickle charge is coming back.

Yup, clean install is fine, so it's going to be a mod incompatibility somewhere else, I'll see if I can ferret it out.

Would it help to post my mod list? It's obviously nothing you can fix, but if other people are complaining about the same issue?

- - - Updated - - -

... seems to be Near Future Electrical causing the issue. I suppose that's logical. Obviously that's not updated to 1.0.5, so it's not fair to bug Nertea about it, but if anyone else is having the issue, that seems to be it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.