[1.12.x] USI Core (Reactors and Kontainers)

RoverDude

Hello! Tell me please, can I use logistics only with USI CORE, without MKS?
I installed USI CORE, made two ships, on one I have the cockpit with the crew and argument named the "LogisticsConsumer" and the empty tank, on the other ship I have the full capacity from the "ResourceWarehouse", but nothing happens in the game. Еhe distance between the ships is less than 150 meters.
Am I doing something wrong, or is logistics not working without MKS?

Edited by Malcolm

• 1 month later...

Sorry if im missing something, the download link is missing, i was wondering if i could still get this mod here and if not maybe through another mod? i was hoping to do a crewed trip to eeloo but i have a life support mod installed so getting power that far out is really tough.

58 minutes ago, Zero266 said:

Sorry if im missing something, the download link is missing, i was wondering if i could still get this mod here and if not maybe through another mod? i was hoping to do a crewed trip to eeloo but i have a life support mod installed so getting power that far out is really tough.

USI Core v1.1.0.0 is available though CKAN and here on GitHub.

• 6 months later...

Not sure if anyone else has this issue but CKAN will not let me install any USI mods except for Life Support and Tools. All the others show latest compatible versions in the Versions window but under the install column there's no tick box. Am trying to figure out how to manually install MKS, Core and Malamute but no luck so far.

4 hours ago, Dampiir said:

Not sure if anyone else has this issue but CKAN will not let me install any USI mods except for Life Support and Tools. All the others show latest compatible versions in the Versions window but under the install column there's no tick box. Am trying to figure out how to manually install MKS, Core and Malamute but no luck so far.

I;d say ask the CKAN folks given all versions are up to date.  Manually, just download the zip and drop the contents of GameData into your GameData folder.

16 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I;d say ask the CKAN folks given all versions are up to date.  Manually, just download the zip and drop the contents of GameData into your GameData folder.

Thanks mate I actually got it working though by clicking on the tick in the versions window, CKAN is so weird sometimes lol.
Now to figure out why I'm getting infinite black loading screens in the SPH....

5 hours ago, Dampiir said:

54 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Its due to CKAN having not re-indexed Firespitter Core v7.13.0 yet which includes the .version file bumped up to be compatible with KSP 1.7.3: https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/blob/master/For release/Firespitter/Firespitter.version. The currently indexed v7.12.0 has a max-KSP-version of 1.6.9 and it acts as a dependency for USI Core, hence why its causing the other USI mods to not show up against KSP 1.7.3 in CKAN.

Weirdly, the version file that's been updated states its built against KSP 1.7.4 which externally doesn't exist yet but the min/max version will enable it to show for KSP 1.7.3, Dampiir.

Just give CKAN a bit of time to run its reindexing process.

Edited by Poodmund

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Waz said:

CKAN is claiming all the USI stuff is compatible with KSP 1.8. I'm pretty sure it's not, but would love confirmation...

Some are, some aren't.  I have USI LS and Tools installed and I think they work, but I'm no expert.  Those mods dependent on Firespitter aren't compatible yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to build using EPL a nuclear reactor. Those thigs are expensive when you buidl them in the VAB, but when using MaterialKits + Speacialized Parts they are dirt cheap. This is true to most expensive components.

This leads me to the next question: is tehre a conection between the part cost (career) and its cost in MK+SP ?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible (or not by design), to switch contained type of a tank/container during flight - obviously when it is empty -.

This would be useful in say a space station: a vehicle first brings supplies, then attaches itself and serves as a container for other things.

4 minutes ago, paul23 said:

Is it possible (or not by design), to switch contained type of a tank/container during flight - obviously when it is empty -.

This would be useful in say a space station: a vehicle first brings supplies, then attaches itself and serves as a container for other things.

EVA a Kerbal and Repaint that container from outside.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Just curious where I can find more info on how to use the planetary and local warehouse capabilities. Not sure when those got added, but they seem to be breaking my use of the parts.

Really, I just want to be able to configure a Kontainer to hold RocketParts for use with EPL, but in 1.10.1 they're all setup for use as either Local Warehouse or Planetary Warehouse, with no apparent way I've found to actually put something useful inside them. They're really pretty - and as parts I really like the look of them. I've used them tons in the past; but now they're just wasted mass. No way to actually put anything in them I can find. So... pretty, but useless, making them ultimately pretty useless. Short of writing a MM script to gut this capability and put it back the way it was I'm not sure what to do with them. I suspect I'm missing the whole point of them. Sure, I'd love to have nearby vessels be able to share resources - but if you can't put anything in them, then what am I sharing? Vacuum?

Thanks! 

20 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Hi

Just curious where I can find more info on how to use the planetary and local warehouse capabilities. Not sure when those got added, but they seem to be breaking my use of the parts.

Really, I just want to be able to configure a Kontainer to hold RocketParts for use with EPL, but in 1.10.1 they're all setup for use as either Local Warehouse or Planetary Warehouse, with no apparent way I've found to actually put something useful inside them. They're really pretty - and as parts I really like the look of them. I've used them tons in the past; but now they're just wasted mass. No way to actually put anything in them I can find. So... pretty, but useless, making them ultimately pretty useless. Short of writing a MM script to gut this capability and put it back the way it was I'm not sure what to do with them. I suspect I'm missing the whole point of them. Sure, I'd love to have nearby vessels be able to share resources - but if you can't put anything in them, then what am I sharing? Vacuum?

Thanks! 

MKS will have the most info on that :)

17 hours ago, RoverDude said:

MKS will have the most info on that :)

Thanks @RoverDude. I don't think I've got MKS installed - so perhaps that's part of the problem? The USI tools I've got are Akita, FTT, FX, Karibou, Konstruction, Kontainers (which brings in these parts obviously), Malemute, ReactorPack, and WarpDrive. I've avoided MKS mainly because I prefer the simpler EPL build process. I'll go have a look at what I can find about this over there.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Fill a Kontainer with stuff -- take it out for spin.  Engineer hops off, grabs their drill, opens the kontainer and... can't do anything EVA.  For example, can't grab a KIS pylon and put in the ground.  The only thing they can do it transfer stuff from the kontainer to their equally inaccessible "inventory," if it's something real small.  Is this my design, a possible bug or am I missing something?*

*"Inventory" = the two slots with raised/shaded texture, not their personal inventory with many slots.  I don't get this new inventory thing - it's just two slots and Kerbal can't do nothin' but look at them or move them to a Kontainer.

3 hours ago, mjl1966 said:

Fill a Kontainer with stuff -- take it out for spin.  Engineer hops off, grabs their drill, opens the kontainer and... can't do anything EVA.  For example, can't grab a KIS pylon and put in the ground.  The only thing they can do it transfer stuff from the kontainer to their equally inaccessible "inventory," if it's something real small.  Is this my design, a possible bug or am I missing something?*

*"Inventory" = the two slots with raised/shaded texture, not their personal inventory with many slots.  I don't get this new inventory thing - it's just two slots and Kerbal can't do nothin' but look at them or move them to a Kontainer.

It seems to me that you are mixing stock inventory with KIS, which are not compatible. If that is the case, you would get better help from the KIS thread.

OK - I think I see what you're getting at.  There is a new "inventory" system from Squad that's confusing me.  I see there is EVA construction mode - Squad's version of KIS.  OK, moving on.  Gee whiz.

Edited by mjl1966

I think that, provided the part fits (volume and mass) in both storage containers, you can get the part from the source container and drop it on the ground with one mechanism and then pick it up and store in the destination container with the other mechanism.

Never had to do this myself so YMMV

Which Kontainer can hold Oxygen (O2)?   I went through all the configs, can't seem to locate one.

When I use the BSX-100 Karbonite Distiller, I can't store the LH2/O2  it produces because it says it's full (O2), because no tank to hold it.

2 hours ago, RookFett said:

Which Kontainer can hold Oxygen (O2)?   I went through all the configs, can't seem to locate one.

When I use the BSX-100 Karbonite Distiller, I can't store the LH2/O2  it produces because it says it's full (O2), because no tank to hold it.

The spherical tanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.