[1.12.x] USI Core (Reactors and Kontainers)

RoverDude

apologies, my issue is that i can't seem to trigger the "Perform Maintenance" action on any of the USI parts. I've also tested it on the Karibou Rover parts and it doesn't show on those either. I only have lvl 2 engineers atm, but I don't believe you need to have a certain lvl engineer, do you?

1 hour ago, Dudicus said:

apologies, my issue is that i can't seem to trigger the "Perform Maintenance" action on any of the USI parts. I've also tested it on the Karibou Rover parts and it doesn't show on those either. I only have lvl 2 engineers atm, but I don't believe you need to have a certain lvl engineer, do you?

It's all good.  I found your other post, it just took a bit of work.  As I showed in my picture its does work.  no you don't need any level engineer.  Since you have installed twice, how about a picture of your gamedata folder and umbraspaceindustries folder?

Looks ok.  You should only have one Modulemanager DLL (newest) but this shouldn't be causing an issue.  That is a lot of mods for windows.  Are you running 64 bit?

I would highly recommend copying KSP to a fresh directory and make a clean install with only the USI mods and test.  You could have some sort of conflict but with that many mods I wouldn't know where to even begin.

1 hour ago, Dudicus said:

Get the latest USI tools from the catalog link in my sig

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Looks ok.  You should only have one Modulemanager DLL (newest) but this shouldn't be causing an issue.  That is a lot of mods for windows.  Are you running 64 bit?

I would highly recommend copying KSP to a fresh directory and make a clean install with only the USI mods and test.  You could have some sort of conflict but with that many mods I wouldn't know where to even begin.

I'm running 64 OS but only the 32 KSP client. i kinda got carried away trying a lot of different mods. prolly need to prune the list anyway. i'll see if i can narrow down the conflict. otherwise i can start clean and see where it goes from there. btw, do you need any specific lvl of buildings to be able to access those skills (R&D, etc.)?

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

did this as well, but it still won't let my engineer access the "scrap part" or "perform maint" actions.

Edited by Dudicus

10 hours ago, RoverDude said:

With the death of Kerbal Stuff, is there another location I can get USI Core mod? (I've looked through the catalog and I'm not seeing it there....)  Thank you for the help!

Edited by Fizwalker

ok, so after a lot of testing last night, i realized that i could get the perform maint action on different parts of UKS. Since i was initially testing this on my early career save, i didn't have access to some of the other UKS parts yet. When i loaded up a new sandbox save and selected the UKS Aeroponics Module i could see the perform maint action:

o0NJ138.png 

however, when using the PDU module i still get no perform maint option:

1kxzCZI.png

by my understanding, the PDU should have the perform maint option available, which is how the enriched uranium is refilled. hmmm..

edit: i've also tried this with a clean KSP install, with only UKS as my only installed mod and i'm getting the same results:

GXgcPvH.png

Edited by Dudicus

19 minutes ago, Dudicus said:

ok, so after a lot of testing last night, i realized that i could get the perform maint action on different parts of UKS. Since i was initially testing this on my early career save, i didn't have access to some of the other UKS parts yet. When i loaded up a new sandbox save and selected the UKS Aeroponics Module i could see the perform maint action:

however, when using the PDU module i still get no perform maint option:

by my understanding, the PDU should have the perform maint option available, which is how the enriched uranium is refilled. hmmm..

Well as I have already posted, but here is another one, the PDU does have a perform maint option.  Have you tried a completely clean install with only USI mods?  Beyond that I am at a loss because it functions fine for me.

DY0QL0C.png

Edited by goldenpsp

yes, here's a shot from the clean install. (folder structures included in the above post as an edit):

Nc1RDbE.png

edit: i've tested the clean install and i can get the other nuclear reactors to show the perform maint action, and even fill them with enriched uranium from FTT containers. i just can't seem to get the pdu to function this way.

also, i caught that i was missing module manager on this install. i copied it over and can now get the disassemble part action, but still no perform maint on the pdu:

j28Jmh6.png

Edited by Dudicus

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Weird... and you tried on a clean KSP install, with just the latest version of UKS?

yes, i deleted the KSP folder from my Steam directory, redownloaded, verified the integrity, then only installed UKS as mod (including all prepackaged dependencies). the last image i posted was from that install. i also verified that KSP didn't have any settings saved in alternate directories in my c:/users/appsdata or similar folders. i'm totally stumped as to why i couldn't see the perform maint on the PDU at that point, however i tested in a sandbox save and i can use the logistics hub to refuel (though its gonna be a while before i unlock it in my current career save.)

I have a dream. A wish, one could almost say...

I dream of more switchable containers.

I dream of:

- FSSwitchable container in the size of a LifeSupport MiniPak
- FSSwitchable container in the size of the inline Life support tanks (1.25, 2.5, 3.75)
- A surface-attachble MK-V Supply Redi-Pak

Should I keep the dreaming to the bed, or is this something that might happen in real life too?

• 2 weeks later...

just looking at building a probe and put the .625 reactor on it and then realized it has a Xenon output...  added bonus as the probe uses xenon for fuel..  so the question is how much xenon per hour does it make?  will it be a real source of fuel for a probe?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been using these mods for a little while now, and just a few days ago all of the reactors from the USI expansion stopped producing any power, and I cannot figure out what the issue is. Is this because the mod has been updated to 1.1 and I do not have that yet, or is there something else I am doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, This is me respectfully requesting a complete USI Mod Pack, obviously for some of us who use most/all USI mods it easier to get only 1 download, and optionally remove a few folders. Possibly a github repo but for the Whole USI Package. I totally understand if it is a hassle to do it or even if no one else likes this request...

PS: Thank you very much for your mods, and your modding twitch streams RoverDude!

Have a nice one!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.