[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries: Boosters! (0.625 and 2.5m SRBs) (v.2.1)

-ctn-

On 2/25/2016 at 11:27 AM, Aerospike said:

Suggestion: "Sidekick"

It is mounted to the side, it provides a kick during launch and since in most cases it will be significantly smaller than rest of the rocket, combining both terms into "Sidekick" seems fitting. :)

Ah that's great!

I'm glad you like it :)

Regarding my "issue" with the rivets on the nosecone: When I look at the texure file those 3 rivets are clearly on a straight line. But in game they are definitely on a curved line. It might have something to do how the texture gets wrapped around the model? (I'm not a modder nor a 3D artist, so I know very little about those things). Also, the 3 rivets are not facing in the direction of attachment.

I made some screenshots to clarify what I mean:

On the last one you can see that the texture placement seems to be a little bit off in general as the rivets are not aligned, but when I looked at the texture file again, I noticed that on the part of the texture that is intended for the large cylindrical section of the booster, only those 3 darker panels have horizontal lines that are truly horizontal, everything else seems to be tilted a little bit.

In any way, this is only my OCPD talking. The mod is still great as it is! :)

• 1 month later...

Parts load and function fine in v1.1 release, there are errors in the log for not finding the normal maps but it doesn't screw up anything and I see they were removed in the last update

Edited by Gaiiden
read changelog

Yes, a new update is coming at some point which will remove the normal map errors and add emissive textures the engine bells. 

No timeline when that will be released, but for now the current version works with 1.1.2, and the only error you get is the normal maps not being available, which as stated above has been since the last release of the mod. I need to re-export the models from Unity in order to stop the errors, and that will come from the new update. 

EDIT: Well I tried to do the emissive textures today, and the animation in Unity looks great but the part in-game doesn't look so great. The emissive isn't colored like it is in Unity (reddish orange in Unity, total white in game) and it doesn't animate when the booster is on - the emissive is just there. No animation at all, just a white ring on the engine bell. I've tried everything I could think of for now, but couldn't get it to work. Is this a Unity 5 issue? Do I need to use Unity 4.2.2 for this? Anyone have any ideas? I tried to follow the several tutorials on here but they don't detail the checkboxes on the Animation or Animator component boxes in Unity. 

Edited by -ctn-

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say I haven't forgotten about these mods. I'm waiting for 1.2 to drop for non-Steam users before I get chance to tweak it and fix bugs. 

For the new update, I'm going to try to balance the parts a bit more, and I want to add a 2.5m SRB. I'll also try work on the emissives again.

Stay tuned for when 1.2 drops for everyone. 

1.2 prerelease is already available to non-Steam users. 

This ‘pre-release’ test build is for everyone to have a go before we officially released the update and you’ll be able to opt-in to get the Pre-release builds via the Steam betas, or, for the first time ever, through the KSP Store.

Here's a picture of something that's coming with the update. I wanted to be able to  make a stock-alike Ariane 5 in the game, so I made a slanted 2.5m SRB. Still balancing out the thrust and fuel stats, but it works.

BrBrned.png
VmLj24n.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @-ctn-, just a balance note the thrust for the 2.5 m radially attached SRB isn't nearly high enough. When I put it on a launch vehicle the TWR goes down in contrast to the 2.5 m SRB from KW redux increases. You really should increase the thrust until it has a TWR by itself of more than 3 like the rest of the SRBs in stock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry for the absence. I've been really busy with my podcast, school, a new short film, and finding composing work.

I plan to update this very soon. The update will include config tweaks for the Nudge and Moore boosters, most notably the 2.5m Moore booster.

I'm also working on adding a new part, we'll see how well it turns out.

In the meantime, I've tested everything against 1.2.2 and it all works, but the Moore booster is a bit underpowered for now.

UPDATE:

Version 2.1 is up on SpaceDock.

Changes:
-Switched all textures to .DDS.
-Tweaked stats on "Nudge."
-Tweaked stats on "Moore," so it is actually useable. (TWR of at least 3)
-Added radially-mounted LF/O tank inspired by the Soyuz FG rocket.

j2l7D64.png

Edited by -ctn-

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only person having issues installing through CKAN? Once I install one Phoenix mod, the rest refuse to install citing they cant overwrite the agency file?

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File           : GameData/CTN/Agencies/Agents.cfg
Installing Mod : PhoenixIndustriesBoosters 2.1
Owning Mod     : PhoenixIndustriesCargoResupplySystem
CKAN Version   : v1.22.1-0-g174271a (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.