[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries: Boosters! (0.625 and 2.5m SRBs) (v.2.1)

-ctn-

@-ctn-

Your mods were having a problem being installed via CKAN because you had the Agencies folder in all of them.

I fixed it for now by making a new netkan file which only installed the Agencies folder, and then added dependencies to the other for that, along with a filter to keep the conflicts from happening.

Would be better, I think, to just make a new Agencies package available.  Your call, but if  you do, let me know about it so I can get the CKAN info updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @-ctn-, I am back again, with another idea of balance for the Moore booster this time in the amount of fuel it in. I did some VERY rough volumetric calculations on the Moore in comparison to the largest stock SRB and I got for the fuel volume of the Moore booster a whopping 26,000 units of solid fuel! Now this was really, really rough, so don't take it as how much it really has but i does give the idea that the Moore should have more that the 6,000 that it currently has. referring back to KW, the largest 2.5m SRB there has over 10,000 units of fuel and is shorter than the Moore. A good balance for fuel amount cold be 20,000 units of solid fuel. IF you decide to increase the fuel amount then it would also be necessary to increase the Thrust yet again. No idea how much but with such a large booster maybe a lower TWR of about 2 on Kerbin would be ideal. I noticed that the larger the booster in stock, the smaller the TWR.

Only a suggestion, Thanks for such a clever small mod pack.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, Titan 3000 said:

Hey @-ctn-, I am back again, with another idea of balance for the Moore booster this time in the amount of fuel it in. I did some VERY rough volumetric calculations on the Moore in comparison to the largest stock SRB and I got for the fuel volume of the Moore booster a whopping 26,000 units of solid fuel! Now this was really, really rough, so don't take it as how much it really has but i does give the idea that the Moore should have more that the 6,000 that it currently has. referring back to KW, the largest 2.5m SRB there has over 10,000 units of fuel and is shorter than the Moore. A good balance for fuel amount cold be 20,000 units of solid fuel. IF you decide to increase the fuel amount then it would also be necessary to increase the Thrust yet again. No idea how much but with such a large booster maybe a lower TWR of about 2 on Kerbin would be ideal. I noticed that the larger the booster in stock, the smaller the TWR.

I messed up again, I compared the size of the largest KW rocketry SRB to the Moore and it is about the same size with just over 10,000 units of solid fuel. oops!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.