[1.1.1] [FINAL UPDATE CactEye Telescopes Continued 7.1.0

Angelo Kerman

[CODE]
[LOG 19:05:45.497] CactEye 2: Exception 4: An error occured producing a science report!
[LOG 19:05:45.498] System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ScienceData..ctor'.
at CactEye2.TelescopeMenu.DrawProcessorControls () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[/CODE]

Any known incompatibilities? I've got a handful of mods, sure, but nothing really crazy. I am using KSP version 1.0.5.1028 (latest), with a CKAN installed CactEye version 0.6.10. I thought perhaps it was Crowd Sourced Science as that changes some experiment text, but I have removed that mod and still have the same issue. GameData\CactEye\Resources\ScienceDefs.cfg remains unmodified

[CODE]
AsteroidDay,
CactEye,
CapCom,
Community Resource Pack,
Community Tech Tree,
Contract Config
Contract Pack: Field Research
Contract Pack: Kerbin Space STation
Contract Window +
Crowd Sourced Science
Distant Object enhancement
Distant Object Enhancement default config
DMagic Orbital Science
Firespitter Core
Firespitter REsources config
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Kerbal Attachment System
Kerbal Inventory System
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
MKS Lite
Module Manager
RasterPropMonitor
RealChute Parachute
SCANSat
Ship Manifest
StageRecovery
SXT
TAntares
Toadicus Tools (dependency)
Universal Storage
USI Core, life support, survival, tools
Vanguard Tech Core
VOID [/CODE]

[quote name='Korfio']Hmmm... also getting "ScienceData..ctor" error.
I was pretty happy getting it all up there, aiming and then.. failing to get the science at the last moment :/[/QUOTE]

I'll keep investigating. Meanwhile I should have the CactEye updated with the latest DoE this weekend. Since the forums will be down, expect to see an update via KerbalStuff and AVC.

Get the latest here

- Recompiled for the latest version of DOE
- Fixed an issue preventing the science reports from working in Career/Science Sandbox mode.
- The slim probe core now has the proper level of SAS control to facilitate targeting astronomical bodies.

<Hate these new forums...>

Get the latest here.

- Recompiled for the latest version of DOE
- Fixed an issue preventing the science reports from working in Career/Science Sandbox mode.
- The slim probe core now has the proper level of SAS control to facilitate targeting astronomical bodies.

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Sure thing. I enjoyed using it during my KSOS days and it's nice to see it working in 1.0.5. :)

Angel-125,

When I see one of your posting(s)/name, I think of the Freedom & her missions with a smile :) :D

51 minutes ago, Turk_WLF said:

Angel-125,

When I see one of your posting(s)/name, I think of the Freedom & her missions with a smile :) :D

Yeah, I miss the old bird but with 1.0.5 I just couldn't get the KSOS to fly right. With the stock Mk3 system I don't really need the KSOS anymore, so that's ok. I have an analog shuttle, the Sparrow, in my Duna Space Program (it's In Mission Reports, below is a picture) but it doesn't have the sleek look of the KSOS. Oh well, things change. :)

GLK2OCg.jpg

This could really be made into the ultimate "science camera" mod for KSP. Add narrow-angle processors, a smaller planetary-surface only telescope lens, and perhaps a multispectral processor (Ooh! Maybe UV and IR, too!).... hmm.... I could FINALLY have heavy unmanned orbiters for an actual reason! (e. g., a more complicated way to do SCANSat work, but ulimately more satisfying and possibly with higher science return)

4 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

My telescope keeps blowing up (the camera) after 10-20 seconds, even when I have the damage turned off. Is this normal?

Are you by any chance pointing it in the direction of the sun?  If so, the answer to your question would also be a yes.

14 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Angel, I saw a picture of a gemini CM and apollo SM with your logo on it. is this an upcoming mod?

Gemini CM and Apollo SM? Not sure about that but I am working on the MOLE- Mark One Laboratory Extensions, a kerbal version of the Manned Orbiting Laboratory. It's a side project that I work on when I have time. In fact I'm doing some work on it this weekend. Anyway, you can find the thread in my sig. :)

3 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

Oh! That is from my Contact Lost website. Before discovering KSP, I was creating art for Contact Lost, an alternate history with a twist: what if magic was real, but since it took a genius like Mozzart to learn, it fell out of use in favor of technology. Kind of like how the bow gave way to the gun. Then I asked myself What if magic was then rediscovered in the modern world? What impact would it have?

I tied magic to quantum physics, where the act of observing something can change its state, and had the notion that magic interacts with physics based on willpower. You could do things like manipulate gravity, vibrate objects to heat them up, convert matter to energy and vice versa, etc.

The other premise was that ancient humans were a lot smarter and more clever than we technically advanced societies give them credit for. It's the Ancient Astronauts theory with the twist that ancient humans were the astronauts, and had magic powered their spacecraft. I came up with that after getting annoyed with the notion that humans couldn't possibly have built the pyramids Stonehenge, and other monuments without alien help. Except in my case they got a little help from magic instead of just some creative engineering, heh.

Anyway, half the fun for me was doing the extensive research for the vehicles. I remember reading about an idea to scale up Gemini and combine it with an Apollo SM, and when I was first learning 3DS MAX I redid my Gemini spacecraft I made in trueSpace to reflect that idea. I also needed a station supply craft, did some research on NASA's AARDV, Japan's H2 freighter, and reused the Apollo SM mesh and some station components (because I was lazy) to create the Aardvark. Some of that might come into KSP at some point too: I've toyed with bringing a form of the RABBIT to my Buffalo mod, and making some 1.875m service module components for the MOLE. We'll see...

3 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Would be cool. I'm looking for parts to make a nice supplie ship for my stations... The picture turned up in the SSTU topic.

SSTU? What's that? I can see the link came from foundation3d, I used to post stuff there.

Heyo was vaguely watching the debug console while KSP was loading in and I noticed that one of the contracts is misnamed. Under GameData/CactEye/Contracts/PlanetaryObservationContract.cfg under "targetBody=" Minmus is misnamed as "Minmas". Later Pol is misnamed as "Poll". Just an fyi, I can fix it in my own install but I figure it'd be better if everyone had it : )

Edited by Tarrence12

5 hours ago, Tarrence12 said:

Heyo was vaguely watching the debug console while KSP was loading in and I noticed that one of the contracts is misnamed. Under GameData/CactEye/Contracts/PlanetaryObservationContract.cfg under "targetBody=" Minmus is misnamed as "Minmas". Later Pol is misnamed as "Poll". Just an fyi, I can fix it in my own install but I figure it'd be better if everyone had it : )

Thanks for the report, I'll have that fixed in the next update. :)

@Jimbodiah: This is a prototype but MOLE will be gaining a few new parts.

AKHkvb9.jpg