[1.3.0] Sigma Eve Recolor

Sigma88

Great mod.  This and the Jool recolor are great stuff.

I have 'tried' to go step by step to get this working with the "Stock Visual Enhancement" mod and have had some success. 

Eve is the new color and clouds match.  Jool actually seems to be a hybrid with new planet color and wild green clouds and rings.

I am trying to go back through and see what i did wrong, however I actually like the hybrid... LoL...

Image of the hybrid Jool

Cheers and thanks for your great work.

2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Great mod.  This and the Jool recolor are great stuff.

I have 'tried' to go step by step to get this working with the "Stock Visual Enhancement" mod and have had some success. 

Eve is the new color and clouds match.  Jool actually seems to be a hybrid with new planet color and wild green clouds and rings.

I am trying to go back through and see what i did wrong, however I actually like the hybrid... LoL...

Image of the hybrid Jool

Cheers and thanks for your great work.

@Nhawks17 is using colored textures so you will have to recolor the actual textures to make them compatible with this mod.

He promised to switch to white texture in the future tho, when that moment comes this mod will take care of recoloring them ;)

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Courn Wallace said:

Awesome. Still hoping this could work with scatterer and the EVE soon!

I cannot solve the compatibility issue with scatterer, I've already talked to the devs and they are aware of the problem. So when they fix the issue on scatterer I will add compatibility :)

For EVE it's a bit tricky. EVE is currently compatible with Eve Recolor, but you need to find a clouds pack that:

1- uses the new config structure

2- uses white textures for the clouds

you can actually get it to work following this process:

1- download the EVE master branch here (click on "download zip")

2- extract the "BoulderCo" folder you find in "ContentConfigs/GameData" into your gamedata folder

3- use the "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" folder from SVE

this should give you orange/yellow clouds on eve

• 1 month later...
Just now, sDaZe said:

Do you plan on updating these mods to 1.1 sigma? Would love to use these with the newest versions of ksprc and sve.

yes I plan to update everything to 1.1 :)

I'll wait for Kopernicus to be released, take the time I need to update and check everything, and release the new version as soon as I get it to work.

If you want to test the current release with kopernicus 1.1 when it will come out and let me know the result it will definitely help me speed up the fixing process.

of course make sure you back up your saves and everything because the mod may end up messing with it since it's not been tested in 1.1 yet :D

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

yes I plan to update everything to 1.1 :)

I'll wait for Kopernicus to be released, take the time I need to update and check everything, and release the new version as soon as I get it to work.

If you want to test the current release with kopernicus 1.1 when it will come out and let me know the result it will definitely help me speed up the fixing process.

of course make sure you back up your saves and everything because the mod may end up messing with it since it's not been tested in 1.1 yet :D

Thanks, yeah no problem take your time. The reason i asked is someone commented on my videos saying this HcwlLEs.png

and of course i got reminded of this wonderful mod. Yeah ill try it out with the newest sve and post some pics and stuff in a few moments.

3 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Thanks, yeah no problem take your time. The reason i asked is someone commented on my videos saying this HcwlLEs.png

and of course i got reminded of this wonderful mod. Yeah ill try it out with the newest sve and post some pics and stuff in a few moments.

and if you have videos with any of my mods feel free to post them in the related threads. I'll put them in the OP, but only if I like what you say about them :D

hehe

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

and if you have videos with any of my mods feel free to post them in the related threads. I'll put them in the OP, but only if I like what you say about them :D

hehe

Sure.

Okay so testing is ughm.. Ughhh.. complete? I dont really know what to think at this point. Things were really weird. @Nhawks17

Take a look for yourself.

Also here are my mods, SVE UR. Texture replacer only has proots textures for all planets except eve

yngHaUJ.png

Edited by sDaZe

Just now, sDaZe said:

Sure.

Okay so testing is ughm.. Ughhh.. complete? I dont really know what to think at this point. Things were really weird. @Nhawks17

Take a look for yourself.

my mod is not compatible with Scatterer, sadly the cfg structure of scatterer doesn't allow me to modify the colors and stuff.

but as soon as scatterer will allow for MM configurations I will add compatibility for it.

regarding EVE, my recolor basically works by just taking the color of the clouds and changing the hue, this works with the EVE standard configs but since SVE uses lilly rather than purple, the resulting color of the clouds is that mustardy-yellow you see. I will try to balance it so that it gives a better result with SVE :wink:

Sve had a update yesterday that changed the colour of eve if you didnt know. Heres a picture of it 

uGz9T0X.jpg

content_cotton1410644-disneyland_hong_ko

How did that get there?

Its not as purple as it used to be. Oh okay Should i try normal eve and no scatterer then?

Edited by sDaZe

3 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Sve had a update yesterday that changed the colour of eve if you didnt know. Heres a picture of it 

Its not as purple as it used to be. Oh okay Should i try normal eve and no scatterer then?

well, depends what you are interested in

if you just care about Eve Recolor and any kind of clouds, then yes try it with standard E.V.E. and no scatterer

if you want specifically SVE, then try just removing scatterer, the result could still be weird tho I haven't checked the math,

and yes, I was aware @Nhawks17 changed the color, since he knew that I was waiting for that change and promptly pinged me in the new release post :D 

3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

uGz9T0X.jpg

if this is how Eve is supposed to look with SVE (but without Scatterer) then this is what my recolor mod should make it look like:

JMTwChu.png

it might be a bit different on the borders, but that's the general idea

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks like eve has changed a bit in the last patch of KSP

I will need to take a look to see if I can fix it better than it currently is.

if anyone has tried landing on the oceans, I could use some feedback on how they look compared to stock Eve

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Good work, dude. I just hope the Scatterer issue will get resolved. That's all I use and it's enough for me.

I'll try to take a look, but I'm no scatterer expert

I have a problem with the mod 

When I land on Eve everything looks as it should but from space the texture doesn't work. I am using KSP version 1.2.2 and the 1.2.2 version of the mod. What can I do about this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.