Sigma88

[1.3.0] Sigma Eve Recolor

Recommended Posts

Great mod.  This and the Jool recolor are great stuff.

I have 'tried' to go step by step to get this working with the "Stock Visual Enhancement" mod and have had some success. 

Eve is the new color and clouds match.  Jool actually seems to be a hybrid with new planet color and wild green clouds and rings.

I am trying to go back through and see what i did wrong, however I actually like the hybrid... LoL...

Image of the hybrid Jool

Cheers and thanks for your great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Great mod.  This and the Jool recolor are great stuff.

I have 'tried' to go step by step to get this working with the "Stock Visual Enhancement" mod and have had some success. 

Eve is the new color and clouds match.  Jool actually seems to be a hybrid with new planet color and wild green clouds and rings.

I am trying to go back through and see what i did wrong, however I actually like the hybrid... LoL...

Image of the hybrid Jool

Cheers and thanks for your great work.

@Nhawks17 is using colored textures so you will have to recolor the actual textures to make them compatible with this mod.

He promised to switch to white texture in the future tho, when that moment comes this mod will take care of recoloring them ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Courn Wallace said:

Awesome. Still hoping this could work with scatterer and the EVE soon!

I cannot solve the compatibility issue with scatterer, I've already talked to the devs and they are aware of the problem. So when they fix the issue on scatterer I will add compatibility :)

 

For EVE it's a bit tricky. EVE is currently compatible with Eve Recolor, but you need to find a clouds pack that:

1- uses the new config structure

2- uses white textures for the clouds

 

you can actually get it to work following this process:

1- download the EVE master branch here (click on "download zip")

2- extract the "BoulderCo" folder you find in "ContentConfigs/GameData" into your gamedata folder

3- use the "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" folder from SVE

 

this should give you orange/yellow clouds on eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you plan on updating these mods to 1.1 sigma? Would love to use these with the newest versions of ksprc and sve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sDaZe said:

Do you plan on updating these mods to 1.1 sigma? Would love to use these with the newest versions of ksprc and sve.

yes I plan to update everything to 1.1 :)

I'll wait for Kopernicus to be released, take the time I need to update and check everything, and release the new version as soon as I get it to work.

If you want to test the current release with kopernicus 1.1 when it will come out and let me know the result it will definitely help me speed up the fixing process.

of course make sure you back up your saves and everything because the mod may end up messing with it since it's not been tested in 1.1 yet :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

yes I plan to update everything to 1.1 :)

I'll wait for Kopernicus to be released, take the time I need to update and check everything, and release the new version as soon as I get it to work.

If you want to test the current release with kopernicus 1.1 when it will come out and let me know the result it will definitely help me speed up the fixing process.

of course make sure you back up your saves and everything because the mod may end up messing with it since it's not been tested in 1.1 yet :D

Thanks, yeah no problem take your time. The reason i asked is someone commented on my videos saying this HcwlLEs.png

and of course i got reminded of this wonderful mod. Yeah ill try it out with the newest sve and post some pics and stuff in a few moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Thanks, yeah no problem take your time. The reason i asked is someone commented on my videos saying this HcwlLEs.png

and of course i got reminded of this wonderful mod. Yeah ill try it out with the newest sve and post some pics and stuff in a few moments.

thanks :)

and if you have videos with any of my mods feel free to post them in the related threads. I'll put them in the OP, but only if I like what you say about them :D

hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

thanks :)

and if you have videos with any of my mods feel free to post them in the related threads. I'll put them in the OP, but only if I like what you say about them :D

hehe

Sure.

Okay so testing is ughm.. Ughhh.. complete? I dont really know what to think at this point. Things were really weird. @Nhawks17

Take a look for yourself.

Also here are my mods, SVE UR. Texture replacer only has proots textures for all planets except eve

yngHaUJ.png

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sDaZe said:

Sure.

Okay so testing is ughm.. Ughhh.. complete? I dont really know what to think at this point. Things were really weird. @Nhawks17

Take a look for yourself.

 

my mod is not compatible with Scatterer, sadly the cfg structure of scatterer doesn't allow me to modify the colors and stuff.

but as soon as scatterer will allow for MM configurations I will add compatibility for it.

 

regarding EVE, my recolor basically works by just taking the color of the clouds and changing the hue, this works with the EVE standard configs but since SVE uses lilly rather than purple, the resulting color of the clouds is that mustardy-yellow you see. I will try to balance it so that it gives a better result with SVE :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sve had a update yesterday that changed the colour of eve if you didnt know. Heres a picture of it 

uGz9T0X.jpg

content_cotton1410644-disneyland_hong_ko

How did that get there?

Its not as purple as it used to be. Oh okay Should i try normal eve and no scatterer then?

Edited by sDaZe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Sve had a update yesterday that changed the colour of eve if you didnt know. Heres a picture of it 

Its not as purple as it used to be. Oh okay Should i try normal eve and no scatterer then?

well, depends what you are interested in

if you just care about Eve Recolor and any kind of clouds, then yes try it with standard E.V.E. and no scatterer

if you want specifically SVE, then try just removing scatterer, the result could still be weird tho I haven't checked the math,

 

and yes, I was aware @Nhawks17 changed the color, since he knew that I was waiting for that change and promptly pinged me in the new release post :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sDaZe said:

uGz9T0X.jpg

if this is how Eve is supposed to look with SVE (but without Scatterer) then this is what my recolor mod should make it look like:

JMTwChu.png

it might be a bit different on the borders, but that's the general idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have decided to open a KSP Mods related Twitter account

If you want news on the development of my mods, as well as cool screenshots I take when I am checking them, you can find those here:

Sigma88Mods&style=social

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small update to bring the mod up to speed with KSP 1.1.2 and Kopernicus 1.0.5

links in the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like eve has changed a bit in the last patch of KSP

I will need to take a look to see if I can fix it better than it currently is.

if anyone has tried landing on the oceans, I could use some feedback on how they look compared to stock Eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Roxor said:

Anyone know if this will work in ksp 1.2.1?

Yes it should work fine

I just didn't have time to make a proper release, I'm prioritizing mods that need fixing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Yes it should work fine

I just didn't have time to make a proper release, I'm prioritizing mods that need fixing :)

Ok cool..TY! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am updating this to 1.3.0 so that KSP-AVC won't annoy ppl that have it installed

no major changes from the previous version were required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work, dude. I just hope the Scatterer issue will get resolved. That's all I use and it's enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Good work, dude. I just hope the Scatterer issue will get resolved. That's all I use and it's enough for me.

I'll try to take a look, but I'm no scatterer expert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem with the mod 

When I land on Eve everything looks as it should but from space the texture doesn't work. I am using KSP version 1.2.2 and the 1.2.2 version of the mod. What can I do about this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.