• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7. 10. 2015 at 4:47 AM, zentarul said:

Also available through CKAN!

dead download link in ckan

/edit: ... already ok, maybe a temporary problem with git

Edited by Osel

• 3 weeks later...

Just one little warning: be careful when "staging away" the focused part when throtteled up and the next stage has a high twr. It may boost out of focusing range very fast, and if so you are stuck on your spent stage and unable to control your craft. So either throttle down or reset focus to default before staging.

Regards

Tantalus

This really needs to be a stock function.  Why Squad couldn't do it and a modder can is...well, sad.  Glad, though that zentarul did this.  This mod is now a MUST HAVE for me.  Given that, you must never, NEVER abandon this.  LOL

I emailed Badie and KasperVid to nominate this for Modding Mondays

Edited by Apollo13

Hullo :)

It would be great if you could include a failsafe in the next version that resets camera to default on undocking, spontaneous disintegration and staging, basically everytime the integrity of the current craft changes somehow.

Great mod, thanks so much! :D

Hi, 

I have found a strange bug, 

Since I installed this mod, If I zoom in while inside the IVA, the zoom level remains the same when I exit back to space. Meaning that the background (say kerbin) is zoomed in really close. It doesn't affect the zoom level of the ship though, justs the background. Going back inside the IVA and zooming out, then exiting back to space, restores it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Dizor said:

Thank you, @zentarul, for really useful mod!

Can you please add one more simple 'if' in mod source code? When player types something in some text field in game (for example title for planted flag) mod should not react on 'o' key.

I agree that this mod is now an absolute 'must have' for me, right up there with MechJeb and RCSBuildAid, to name a few, I absolutely CANNOT play the game without this mod anymore, it makes life SO much easier!

Regarding the typing thing, this issue is being discussed over in Add-on Development in several threads, apparently this is something that changed with 1.1 and Unity 5, and some mods are trying to implement fixes to ignore keyboard input (for ship controls and other mods' key bindings, I mean) when typing in a text field, but my understanding is that so far results have been mixed.  It'll probably take a little while for someone to have an 'Ah-Ha!' moment and get it fixed for good, but in the meantime we'll just have to cope, I think.  :)

Later.  :D 

On 8/5/2016 at 4:27 AM, Neutrinovore said:

I agree that this mod is now an absolute 'must have' for me, right up there with MechJeb and RCSBuildAid, to name a few, I absolutely CANNOT play the game without this mod anymore, it makes life SO much easier!

Regarding the typing thing, this issue is being discussed over in Add-on Development in several threads, apparently this is something that changed with 1.1 and Unity 5, and some mods are trying to implement fixes to ignore keyboard input (for ship controls and other mods' key bindings, I mean) when typing in a text field, but my understanding is that so far results have been mixed.  It'll probably take a little while for someone to have an 'Ah-Ha!' moment and get it fixed for good, but in the meantime we'll just have to cope, I think.  :)

Later.  :D 

Thanks for the information @Neutrinovore, I'll try to follow those discussions. Since I am a user of kOS, this is a bug that also affects me personnaly, so I'd very much like to have it fixed. Feel free to poke me if you hear that a fix/work-around has been found.

Cheers!

On 27/4/2016 at 6:52 AM, spacetackle said:

Hi, 

I have found a strange bug, 

Since I installed this mod, If I zoom in while inside the IVA, the zoom level remains the same when I exit back to space. Meaning that the background (say kerbin) is zoomed in really close. It doesn't affect the zoom level of the ship though, justs the background. Going back inside the IVA and zooming out, then exiting back to space, restores it.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll try to have a look at it. Maybe if I detect that the camera is now in IVA mode I should reset the camera settings.

On 27/4/2016 at 0:22 AM, DaniDE said:

Hullo :)

It would be great if you could include a failsafe in the next version that resets camera to default on undocking, spontaneous disintegration and staging, basically everytime the integrity of the current craft changes somehow.

Great mod, thanks so much! :D

That's also something I'd like to fix. I'll it a shot this week.

3 minutes ago, zentarul said:

Thanks for the information @Neutrinovore, I'll try to follow those discussions. Since I am a user of kOS, this is a bug that also affects me personnaly, so I'd very much like to have it fixed. Feel free to poke me if you hear that a fix/work-around has been found.

Cheers!

Try this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/138834-need-help-to-get-around-bug-in-game-where-typing-in-search-box-in-editor-passes-keystrokes-to-mods/#comment-2558138

On 5/9/2016 at 9:44 AM, Dizor said:

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't seem to work with kOS. What kind of text field do you find yourself using? Maybe I can test it with a different mod.

On 5/9/2016 at 9:39 AM, zentarul said:

Since I am a user of kOS, this is a bug that also affects me personnaly

I would highly suggest using the Telnet client to avoid keystroke issues. If you only have a single monitor, use the "-popupwindow" argument in the KSP run command to make it so you can alt-tab to the telnet window without causing the game to minimize

6 hours ago, zentarul said:

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't seem to work with kOS. What kind of text field do you find yourself using? Maybe I can test it with a different mod.

This solution works for planted flag dialog text fields (title and description).

As for kOS text fields probably we should not use EventSystem.current.currentSelectedGameObject

Hmmm.  I just grabbed a Class E asteroid which naturally shifted my view to the middle of the huge space potato as usual.  "Ha", I thought, "I now have CFC!"  But despite being within spitting distance of the rock, yet somehow not looking at or mousing over it, hitting "o" had no effect wharsoever.  Now, this was 1.1.2 instead of 1.1, and this game has nearly every mod you can think of except Scatterer, (which hates me), but it seemed this mod didn't even make the effort.  Is that part of the kOS issue (which I have in this game) ?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.