[1.2.*] Camera Focus Changer v1.0.1

zentarul

3 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@LeLeon

Interesting conclusion. I too use AGExt and have since forever, and it used to work.

Thanks to @Warezcrawler for his small mod list. Was easier to find with this short comparison list.

I started with deactivating Bon Voyage and AGExt and got directly the hit. Without AGExt CFC works fine. Now the big WHY... I opened a issue report on AGExt Github.

Edited by LeLeon

9 minutes ago, LeLeon said:

Thanks to @Warezcrawler for his small mod list. Was easier to find with this short comparison list.

I started with deactivating Bon Voyage and AGExt and got directly the hit. Without AGExt CFC works fine. Now the big WHY... I opened a issue report on AGExt Github.

@Deimos Rast 

Edit:

I changed in file "AGExt.settings"

LockOutKSPManager = 1

to

LockOutKSPManager = 0

CFC works with that setting. I will ask, if that setting makes AGExt instable in my issue report.

15 hours ago, LeLeon said:

@Deimos Rast 

Edit:

I changed in file "AGExt.settings"

LockOutKSPManager = 1

to

LockOutKSPManager = 0

CFC works with that setting. I will ask, if that setting makes AGExt instable in my issue report.

Nice catch... Will try that out later.

I just checked my 1.1.3 installation, in which i know the I had AGExt and CFC installed, and working together. In that one that setting is "LockOutKSPManager = 1"..... But I will  try it out later for sure! Thanks for the investigation, now let's just hope that Diazo can (and will) fix it. :cool:

From AGX dev:

SirDiazo commented 17 minutes ago  edited

What the LockOutKSPManager line does is control if stock KSP ignores the activation of custom action groups 1 through 10.

When LockOutKSPManager = 1, when you go to flight mode AGX locks the custom action groups through the InputLockManager class so that when you press the 1 key, KSP ignores it and does not try to activate group 1. AGX also sees the 1 key get pressed and then activates group 1 so the player sees the expected behavior.

When LockOutKSPManager = 0, AGX does not lock the custom action groups. So when the 1 key is pressed, stock KSP does try to activate group 1, then AGX also activates group 1 so if there are any toggle type actions in the group the player sees unexpected behavior.

Almost all players should leave this set to 1, a few players using control pads/joysticks will need to set it to 0 and then mess with KSP's stock keybindings to prevent the double activation.

I'm the AGX dev and can confirm the conflict.

However, the conflict is technically not with my mod but with the stock InputLockManager class, any mod (which AGX does) that enforces a control lock will break this mod as it stands.

I'll talk to @zentarul to get it fixed.

D.

edit: I've opened a git issue for further discussion here zentarul.

Edited by Diazo

30 minutes ago, LeLeon said:

From AGX dev:

SirDiazo commented 17 minutes ago  edited

What the LockOutKSPManager line does is control if stock KSP ignores the activation of custom action groups 1 through 10.

When LockOutKSPManager = 1, when you go to flight mode AGX locks the custom action groups through the InputLockManager class so that when you press the 1 key, KSP ignores it and does not try to activate group 1. AGX also sees the 1 key get pressed and then activates group 1 so the player sees the expected behavior.

When LockOutKSPManager = 0, AGX does not lock the custom action groups. So when the 1 key is pressed, stock KSP does try to activate group 1, then AGX also activates group 1 so if there are any toggle type actions in the group the player sees unexpected behavior.

Almost all players should leave this set to 1, a few players using control pads/joysticks will need to set it to 0 and then mess with KSP's stock keybindings to prevent the double activation.

@Diazo So do I understand you right, if I deduce that setting the KSP custom groups to no key binding, and changing the "LockOutKSPManager" to 0 in "your" settings file will be a viable workaround for CFC+AGX until the issue is resolved in a more long term way?

I can confirm, that setting "LockOutKSPManager" to 0 does in fact make CFC work again :cool:

Yes, that is a viable workaround.

Setting LockOutKSPManager = 0 in the AGExt.settings file and going into KSP's settings window and unbinding Custom Action Groups 1 through 10 so they have no key assigned will keep the expected behavior while in flight mode.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

@zentarul I really love the smooth camera transition your mod provides, your mod certainly have been an inspiration behind the current stock camera aiming feature. There's one thing the stock camera focus does right, it stays stable when one moves his active vessel while focusing on another. Will you please, when you have time, kindly look into integrating your mod with the stock camera focusing. Focusing on another vessel and having a stable camera is a blessing for movie makers, having your smooth camera transitions along will be heaven.

... the best that >I could imagine is mixing all the feature from your mod, with the request by Enceos, and (as it seems pretty fallen into oblivion, as BD-Armory team is focusing mostly on BDarmory, being the most time consuming) the yet not updated Bahamuto's "Improved Chase Camera" one...

That could be the ultimate "visual control mod" for those that works on videomaking :rolleyes:

@zentarul  @Papa_Joe you should contact each other: I'm pretty sure that a lot of tricks used to update Camera Focus Changer could be useful to update Improved Chase Camera too, at least if those two could not be mixed :cool:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, EstebanLB said:

I've just noticed that version 1.2 has this line in the changelog:
*Camera can now be pointed at parts, not just vessel center of mass.

Have anyone seen that option in the keybind or knows wich is it? It's escentially what this mod does but a bit less

Enable "Advanced Tweakables" in KSP general options, then right click the camera and select "Aim Camera".

• 5 months later...
On 6/18/2017 at 8:45 AM, Acvila said:

1.3 update?

The current version works as is in 1.3.

However, I will make a new build this Friday to update the version to 1.3 officially, especially for ckan users.

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

in KSP v1.2.2 when using CFC to focus on a part, all the Hullcam VDS views then end up focusing on it too when I switch to look through the cameras.

Pinging @linuxgurugamer

Yes, this has been a known issue for some time now. I'm going to try fixing it again. Now that I have some professional experience as a Unity developer, I feel more confident I can fix it.

6 hours ago, zentarul said:

Yes, this has been a known issue for some time now

I will admit I did not think to check the OP (10 lashes!) but turns out it's not listed there anyways. Hopefully you can fix it so it doesn't have to be! :)

• 2 months later...
On 2017-06-21 at 3:31 PM, zentarul said:

The current version works as is in 1.3.

However, I will make a new build this Friday to update the version to 1.3 officially, especially for ckan users.

It still doesn't show up in CKAN for me, causing some problems in updating other mods with dependancies to this one.

Edited by TMR

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've fully adopted this, new thread is here:

You're a god among modders :) You've adopted so many old mods it's amazing you have time for anything!  But at the risk of seeming offensive, why this one?  It's function is built into the game with the "aim camera" function. Wouldn't it be better to let it slip into the darkness?

25 minutes ago, Runescope said:

You're a god among modders :) You've adopted so many old mods it's amazing you have time for anything!  But at the risk of seeming offensive, why this one?  It's function is built into the game with the "aim camera" function. Wouldn't it be better to let it slip into the darkness?

The pressing 'o' key for one.  That is amazing.  Also the camera transition is better than stock.

Thanks @linuxgurugamer.

Peace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.