Procedural Lifters?

Galacticruler

Just an idea I had, where you take a combo fue tank and engine and attach it to your payload, it then tries to adjust its size, fuel content, engine power/number/size to fit that payload and defined altitute requirements.

Perhaps include extra texture sets and models to pick from?

Would this be possible, as in easy for a modder to do in a non-insane amount of time?

Procedural parts has procedural SRBs.

He's asking for rather more than that - it'd need a KER style calculator to feed back to the part. Conceptually it could be done given the functionality exists, I don't know if anyone would be actually interested in doing it though. Also that doesn't handle multistage lifters - calculating that could probably be done ok too but there's the logistics of handling multiple models.

I'm opposed to the idea in it's entirety as I like building things, but I can see the attraction.

Just an idea I had, where you take a combo fue tank and engine and attach it to your payload, it then tries to adjust its size, fuel content, engine power/number/size to fit that payload and defined altitute requirements.

Perhaps include extra texture sets and models to pick from?

Would this be possible, as in easy for a modder to do in a non-insane amount of time?

Sooo... You want to take the rocket building out of a rocket building game?

And if you're tired of building a lifter for your payloads- sub-assemblies exist...

Nah, just reduce the number of parts on nonspecific or routine lifters to as few as possible. For example, you might use this to launch that cluster of geo-sync box sats, but you'd probably want a massive custom lifter for that 400t Grand Tour craft.

Nah, just reduce the number of parts on nonspecific or routine lifters to as few as possible. For example, you might use this to launch that cluster of geo-sync box sats, but you'd probably want a massive custom lifter for that 400t Grand Tour craft.

Again- Sub-assemblies exist.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.