How to land on the mun

I know how to do every part except for get into a good orbit at 100km. When ever I press a/d my rocket never goes straight down it always yaws in a wierd way. If you could please make me a tutorial or tel me how using stock parts.

Not sure what you mean by \'yawing in a weird way\' - are you using the nav-ball? All I can think of is that you\'re watching the ship itself - the controls are always accurate relative to the nav-ball but can seem \'off\' when looking at the ship - so use that for manoeuvres.

There currently 46,448 tutorials on the subject of Mun landings with stock parts, and you will find them with a quick search (from the How To... board page) for \'Mun landing tutorial\' or similar.

I can do it, even without Mechjeb! I suggest using the nav-ball, as the guy above me said. Wherever yhe little straight line is, if you get lined up with that, the controls should be normal.

Achieve 625m/s vertical speed then turn to 90 degrees(on the nav ball). Set throttle(if you haven\'t already:P) to full and watch your ship accelerate and cross Mun\'s orbit. Then stop and wait until you are intercepted by it.

Well, you might have to start being more specific...

Here\'s the basics.

1. Build rocket.

2. Launch rocket.

3. At around 10-20,000m (varies dependant on craft, and these are not absolute limits) start to slowly pitch over to 90 degrees on the nav-ball.

4. When your AP reaches your desired height for orbit, cut throttle and coast to AP.

5. When you are almost at AP, burn to raise PE. Establish orbit.

6. When you see the Mun rise on the horizon ahead of you, full throttle.

7. When your AP reaches ~11,400,000, cut throttle.

8. Time warp to Mun intercept.

9. Burn retrograde at PE to prevent escape (assuming you find yourself with an escape trajectory, which is quite likely)

10. If you want an orbit, keep burning retrograde until you get one and then adjust it to your liking.

11. If not, burn to reduce lateral velocity and then make a powered descent.

12. Land.

It won\'t win any prizes for accuracy or efficiency, but it should get you there.