[Challenge]Rodeo Ahoy

Hey guys. Figured that now that we've done much everything of what a rocket IS supposed to do (get a boss load into orbit *looking at you, Silisko*, get in orbit with the most compact rocket, etc etc), I figured that we needed longer-lasting challenges. And what better way to do that than with score-based challenges instead of goal-based challenges? And so, I present to you...

Rodeo Ahoy

Quite simply, make a single-staged (no decoupler) craft packing as much SRBs as you want, and take em for a ride, surviving for as long as you can. Vanilla/Sunday Punch parts only (unless requested, if so, scoring of selected parts will be added here) Scoring is as follow:

Additive/substractive rules

• [li]+1 for every second after takeoff (counts double if any type of chute is onboard)[/li]
    [li]+2 for Silisko's micro SRB
    [/li][li]+5 for standard SRB#[/li]
    [li]+10 for Sunday Punch's long SRB#[/li]
    [li]-0.5 for cooling units (as they add weight)*[/li]
    [li]-1 for each winglet*[/li]
    [li]+10 for each SRB still attached to the pod at end result[/li]
    [li]+20 for each SP L SRB still attached to the pod at end result[/li]

#Present at takeoff, that is. Does not include units destroyed before the first 5 seconds of flight.

*Becomes positive for asymmetrical craft design

Multiplicative rules (they stack:

• [li]Score is nil if there is ANY LFE or SAS, or if the aircraft does not take off[/li]
    [li]Score is multiplied by 1/(n+1) where n is the number of RCS units[/li]
    [li]Double final score if chute is onboard (obviously this means it will be deployed during the rodeo)[/li]
    [li]Triple final score if tri-chute is onboard[/li]
    [li]Double final score for asymmetrical design[/li]
    [li]Quad final score if the craft runs out of fuel and lands without destroying the pod[/li]
    [li]x1.5 score for combination of multiple boosters[/li]

As a proof of feats, a picture of the craft before launch, at the end result, and one of the mission report shall be asked. But a bonus multiplier of 1.5 will be applied to the score of those providing a video of the feat (for concrete-hard evidence and entertainment value)

I look forwards to seeing the results.

11 Sunday Punch solid rockets, no SAS modules, 1 parachute, 1 minute 36 seconds of flight time with all rockets burned out and a safe landing. By my count, that's 864 points (assuming I did the math right, which is by no means assured.)

It actually wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I expected lots of booms, but this was only my second launch- the first having a few less boosters and no chute.

So, how'd I do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.