Lag every three seconds

Heavily modded game, had been running decently, but I've recently started getting really annoying periodic lag, lasting about a second but happening pretty regularly about every three/four seconds. This is happening across all my save-games (even brand new ones or restored backups from before the problem), and it seems to occur in every scene except the VAB and SPH. Would I be right in assuming, that it's likely to be something like TAC-LS or Background Processing causing a problem like this?

Only confusing thing is I can't for the life of me think of anything I've recently installed or updated that could be related.

EDIT: Except TAC-LS or Background Processing presumably wouldn't be making a difference in a brand new game with no existing vessels, surely?

EDIT: Mod list according to Version Checker: http://pastebin.com/vynvjALU, although I don't think this is the full list. Mod list according to CKAN: http://pastebin.com/2ZqMvF7w

Edited by baldamundo

This is almost certainly a garbage collection pause, it has been discussed quite a bit on these forums but it isn't understood why there is such a large variation in the apparent severity of the pauses, lots of things can affect it but there is no specific fix.

It really shouldn't be happening every 3 seconds but both KSP and lots of plugin mods create far more garbage than they really should.

Assuming you are using a windows os:

You probably need to monitor the performance tab in your task manager to make sure KSP has enough system resources available to run the game. I've recently noticed that Mozilla Firefox is eating memory up like a cookie monster in certain situations, forcing a restart to free those resources again.

Assuming you are using a windows os:

You probably need to monitor the performance tab in your task manager to make sure KSP has enough system resources available to run the game. I've recently noticed that Mozilla Firefox is eating memory up like a cookie monster in certain situations, forcing a restart to free those resources again.

Even with Firefox and KSP hogging memory, I normally have at least like another 9GB of RAM free, so surely this can't be the issue? (or is it one of these "Programs/Windows use RAM in a really counter-intuitive way, and your 9GB of free RAM somehow make no difference" things?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.