[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

Hull pressure is different on Eve versus Kerbin:

WnNIuiF.png

Here I hit the bottom before the sub imploded, but notice how I'm only 217 meters below the surface and my hull pressure is about 5800. On Kerbin, that same pressure equates to a depth of 580m.

xoxiEvS.png

The other difference is liquid density; the Guppy has to use its engines in combination with its ballast tanks to stay underwater. Lose power and the sub floats to the surface. On Kerbin, she would sink to the bottom with full tanks.

Edited by Angel-125

Why does this mod come with an alternative resource system anyway? The OP doesn't list it... it really just looks like a rover parts mod.
Right now it consistently crashes on start because... ResearchKits. I was told there would be rover parts, not a different resource system. Now my KSP installation requires debugging. Why.

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep parts and resource mods separate? I'm confused.
Or at least say in the OP that you add potentially incompatible resources. I'd rather not spend time on debugging and instead play. I mean, think about it, I installed this mod properly and it shoots up my installation. Maybe beyond repair if I'm lucky. WHY.

Edit: Can someone point me to exactly what this mod does that makes it incompatible with B9PartSwitch? What do I have to remove to make it work?

Edited by Zah

Buffalo 2.6.1 is now available:

- Reshaped and resized the WB-24 "EbbTide" radial aquatic engine.
- The WB-24 "EbbTide" and WB-25 "NeapTide" aquatic engines now have thrust reversers.
- The Guppy cab's dive computer now provides improvements to structural integrity, enabling your boats to dive up to 600 meters below the surface of Kerbin's oceans. Diving depth varies with planet.

6 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

I'm still getting all the resources showing up when I select CRP including classic stock.  Is there a way to just delete everything but the CRP resources?

Go to the 000WildBlueTools/Templates folder and delete ClassicStock.cfg. Be sure that you're in CRP play mode before doing that.

Meanwhile, after a lot of prototyping, it's clear to me that making SeaQuest as a lego-like parts mod isn't going to work. So I did some more research and have come up with something more workable:

GqEKFm4.jpg

Edited by Angel-125

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Go to the 000WildBlueTools/Templates folder and delete ClassicStock.cfg. Be sure that you're in CRP play mode before doing that

Worked great, thanks for the quick reply

I still need to mess with the new sub parts.  The only one's I've put onto anything so far are ballast tanks (& vents) on a redesigned floating base, but it's still 2 1/2 years out from Laythe.

9 hours ago, Maxfield Kerman said:

Downloaded mod, but content did not appear in-game. If anyone can provide troubleshooting, that would be awesome.

How to Get Support

You probably broke the file structure, everything stays in the Wild Blue Industries folder when you install, but following that pinned page would be a good help for us.

Hey @Angel-125,

I currently have the Buffalo mod installed correctly and working, and I like all the functionality of this mod and your other mods.

I do have some confusion about WildBlue Tools....

I looked for a guide, or a wiki or something to explain what WildBlue Tools does and how it works....but I couldn't find anything. Is there a guide somewhere?

Can the parts in the Buffalo mod work without it? Like if I remove it will the parts still function as normal rover parts, or are they totally dependant on stuff in the Tools mod to function?

I don't understand or plan on doing prospecting or refining or anything....so I don't need the base Buffalo parts to do any of that stuff.

I didn't even understand the initial pop up window for WildBlue Tools after I installed it. I picked "pristine" because that sounded like it didn't mess with any stock stuff....I really didn't understand the choices though or what it was asking me.....

3 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

Hey @Angel-125,

I currently have the Buffalo mod installed correctly and working, and I like all the functionality of this mod and your other mods.

I do have some confusion about WildBlue Tools....

I looked for a guide, or a wiki or something to explain what WildBlue Tools does and how it works....but I couldn't find anything. Is there a guide somewhere?

Can the parts in the Buffalo mod work without it? Like if I remove it will the parts still function as normal rover parts, or are they totally dependant on stuff in the Tools mod to function?

I don't understand or plan on doing prospecting or refining or anything....so I don't need the base Buffalo parts to do any of that stuff.

I didn't even understand the initial pop up window for WildBlue Tools after I installed it. I picked "pristine" because that sounded like it didn't mess with any stock stuff....I really didn't understand the choices though or what it was asking me.....

WBT is just a directory of files that are shared between all of his mods, Buffalo dosent work if you pull out that dir-

this should explain the popup choices

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Classic-Stock-Play-Mode

Edited by Space Kadet

56 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

WBT is just a directory of files that are shared between all of his mods, Buffalo dosent work if you pull out that dir-

this should explain the popup choices

https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/wiki/Classic-Stock-Play-Mode

Kinda....but not really, because I'm not using pathfinder because it was too complicated. I still don't know why I had to chose between pristine and three other things if I'm not using pathfinder and I'm just using Buffalo for a rover mod.

I don't want stuff to break and I don't want workshops with flow charts. That's why I don't use the MKS thing by USI or Extraplanetary Launchpads. I might use Simple Construction.....because it's simple.

I still don't understand what the differences between pristine and the three other things are....

Guess I'll just go back to Malmute and Feline utility rovers....

1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

Kinda....but not really, because I'm not using pathfinder because it was too complicated. I still don't know why I had to chose between pristine and three other things if I'm not using pathfinder and I'm just using Buffalo for a rover mod.

I don't want stuff to break and I don't want workshops with flow charts. That's why I don't use the MKS thing by USI or Extraplanetary Launchpads. I might use Simple Construction.....because it's simple.

I still don't understand what the differences between pristine and the three other things are....

Guess I'll just go back to Malmute and Feline utility rovers....

You probably just want pristine mode, to keep it nice and simple. WildBlueTools is necessary as it contains a lot of shared textures and configs that all of the WBI mods use, including Buffalo. The popup has to happen so people can choose which "version" of the mod they're using. Needing to choose between CRP and Classic Stock, for example, for people that want variety in resources and how and where to get them. Does it matter what the difference is, if the only one you really need to care about is Pristine mode?

Not sure if anyone else has been having this problem or not, but whenever I select one of the parts from this mod in the SPH or VAB It breaks the game. I can select another part to add to the craft but it doesn't attach and cannot be picked back up. The camera cannot be rotated but I can load up another craft to bypass this. I have had this problem with another mod I tried out a few days ago named 'Notantares - Porkalike 2-man "Mk1-A" Command Pod' and just ended up deleting it because I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I have not tried using only Buffalo without other mods. The game does not crash when this happens, my mouse clicks just stop working with selecting parts.

---Info---

64-bit KSP

DLC included

--------------------------------------

Output Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/um2gbrn939qtije/output_log.txt?dl=0

Picture of Console when Command Cab is choosen as root(first)part:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10iMCftybxUNGTe820R7INRt3gRAtC0rP/view?usp=sharing

Looks like all I needed was ToadicusTools. Why wasn't that included with the mod?

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
Figured it out

2 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Not sure if anyone else has been having this problem or not, but whenever I select one of the parts from this mod in the SPH or VAB It breaks the game. I can select another part to add to the craft but it doesn't attach and cannot be picked back up. The camera cannot be rotated but I can load up another craft to bypass this. I have had this problem with another mod I tried out a few days ago named 'Notantares - Porkalike 2-man "Mk1-A" Command Pod' and just ended up deleting it because I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I have not tried using only Buffalo without other mods. The game does not crash when this happens, my mouse clicks just stop working with selecting parts.

---Info---

64-bit KSP

DLC included

--------------------------------------

Output Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/um2gbrn939qtije/output_log.txt?dl=0

Picture of Console when Command Cab is choosen as root(first)part:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10iMCftybxUNGTe820R7INRt3gRAtC0rP/view?usp=sharing

Looks like all I needed was ToadicusTools. Why wasn't that included with the mod?

im just a fanman but i guess because its not needed for this mod and hasent been.... clicking on a part can load all associated modules, from the pic it seems TACLS may need it, but ive ran both in the past alot and never heard of this.

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Quick question @Angel-125 before I throw up a log, is there a known issue about the Guppy right-click menu getting "stuck?" Something about control locks not releasing?

Not that I onow of, is it reproducible? Therr won’t be any useful logs I’m afraid, I was stepping through that code last night to fix click through problems in the editor and there aren’t logs related to control locks.

Edited by Angel-125

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Not that I onow of, is it reproducible? Therr won’t be any useful logs I’m afraid, I was stepping through that code last night to fix click through problems in the editor and there aren’t logs related to control locks.

Welp, at first glance the 2.6.2 update seems to have fixed it. :D

Does "Maintain depth" aim for a certain absolute depth or depth below keel?

44 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Welp, at first glance the 2.6.2 update seems to have fixed it. :D

Does "Maintain depth" aim for a certain absolute depth or depth below keel?

It attempts to maintain your current depth. Best used when leveling off the boat.

3 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Nope, I take it back, still being weird. :huh: Seems maybe related to dragging the right-click window? I'll do some troubleshooting and see if I can pin it down.

Can't do anything about dragging the right-click window. My fix stops you from grabbing parts by accident when a window is open and you're in the VAB/SPH.

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Can't do anything about dragging the right-click window. My fix stops you from grabbing parts by accident when a window is open and you're in the VAB/SPH.

I've figured out exactly when it happens, it's when I click and drag the window over a MechJeb window, so that it gets "small" for an instant. This is in the game screen. Looks like it's only the Guppy window that does it. Then I can't seem to click on anything except the buttons in the Guppy window. Make any sense? I'll see if I can duplicate it on a bare install.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.