[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

On 5.2.2016 at 4:06 AM, Angel-125 said:
On 5.2.2016 at 4:06 AM, Angel-125 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look once I get to the point where I can play with the JetWing again. You are correct though, the wing is intended to be assembled out in the field.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look once I get to the point where I can play with the JetWing again. You are correct though, the wing is intended to be assembled out in the field.

Ok!

One more question - any particular reason for using Atmosphere instead of IntakeAtm from Community Resource Pack?

(Probably a technical reason I'm missing. Asking because Filter Extensions generates a separate category for the JetWing under Engines, due to the input resource combination not matching anything known by the config that comes with Filter Extensions (v2.4.1.3).)

On February 22, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Technologicat said:

Ok!

One more question - any particular reason for using Atmosphere instead of IntakeAtm from Community Resource Pack?

(Probably a technical reason I'm missing. Asking because Filter Extensions generates a separate category for the JetWing under Engines, due to the input resource combination not matching anything known by the config that comes with Filter Extensions (v2.4.1.3).)

Yes, I couldn't get IntakeAtm to work on Duna or Eve.

1 hour ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

hey wild blue have u ever considered making the mountain goat wheels turn 360?

Yup, sure have, but the current wheel code doesn't let me. I hope to revisit them in 1.1 :)

Hello I've run into an odd problem when I've got Buffalo installed I don't have the ability to open/close the Mk2 and Mk3 cargo bays. The button is gone, and the option in the Action Groups is not there. Is there anything in the Buffalo/Wild Blue Tools that might interfere? Only happens with the Mk2 and Mk3 cargo bays, the Mk4 and the cargo bays from OPT all work just fine. Or has anyone had the same problem and beaten it to death?

Update! Got the cargo bays to work by just installing the 'Buffalo' file, no other files that came with it and it works now. Very odd but at least now I can sleep, well after just one more flight...:P

Edited by Herr Doktor Strangemember
new info

I love this mod. I'm about to attempt my first manned Eve arrival and departure. I'm debating using a Buffalo for the craft as my drilling rig. For some reason, it's so easy creating a rover with this it feels almost like I'm cheating when I don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to make the wheels protrude out correctly and align like I do when starting with a circular tank. :) 

I do have one small request. Any way you could make the probe core work with IR sequencer?

16 hours ago, catcha said:

I love this mod. I'm about to attempt my first manned Eve arrival and departure. I'm debating using a Buffalo for the craft as my drilling rig. For some reason, it's so easy creating a rover with this it feels almost like I'm cheating when I don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to make the wheels protrude out correctly and align like I do when starting with a circular tank. :) 

I do have one small request. Any way you could make the probe core work with IR sequencer?

I'm sure that can be done, I'd just need to be pointed in the right direction for the sequencer so I can see examples of how that's done.

20 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Angel, Dude,

in CKAN the entry for the Buffalo still points to KerbakStuff...

I don't have a Buffalo entry for SpaceDock yet, and given all the problems I've had with CKAN installs, I'm not keen on having CKAN support, honestly... Way too many installs are borked due to people using CKAN. If there was a way to automatically force a download of absolutely everything, I'd be more included to use it, but right now CKAN gives me support headaches.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:05 PM, Angel-125 said:

I don't have a Buffalo entry for SpaceDock yet, and given all the problems I've had with CKAN installs, I'm not keen on having CKAN support, honestly... Way too many installs are borked due to people using CKAN. If there was a way to automatically force a download of absolutely everything, I'd be more included to use it, but right now CKAN gives me support headaches.

The outdated files in the manual release will also be giving you support headaches. Patching your release is in progress. If anyone is getting a bad install via CKAN now send them over to the support thread.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

On 3/4/2016 at 11:05 AM, Angel-125 said:

I'm sure that can be done, I'd just need to be pointed in the right direction for the sequencer so I can see examples of how that's done.

It is available here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/0.6

I have zero modding experience. I plan on getting into that after I finish my Ph.D. here soon. I got to thinking the problem may be in that mod and not this one.  

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I've run into a problem, when assembling Buffalo in the field.

I start with attaching Wheeljack part to the ground, then goes chassis parts, wheels, cabine, all seems fine. But I cant remove Wheeljack part in the end of assembling. Game says that I can't detach root part, but I don't know how to change the root part in the field. I've tried this mod few months ago, and didn't experienced such problem, also I have experience with RatPack Rover by Roverdude, and also never had problems with it. Any suggests will help, thank u.

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That sounds like a KIS issue. I'll have a look and see what's going on.

I remember reading someone else was having this exact issue just recently.  Check back a couple pages here, here.  I cant get that video to play on my phone.

On 3/16/2016 at 3:20 AM, Cosmonauth said:

Guys, I've run into a problem, when assembling Buffalo in the field.

I start with attaching Wheeljack part to the ground, then goes chassis parts, wheels, cabine, all seems fine. But I cant remove Wheeljack part in the end of assembling. Game says that I can't detach root part, but I don't know how to change the root part in the field. I've tried this mod few months ago, and didn't experienced such problem, also I have experience with RatPack Rover by Roverdude, and also never had problems with it. Any suggests will help, thank u.

Given how KIS is working, I'd say drop the Wheeljack down, put a small decoupler on top, then put the chassis on top of that. When you get done building, fire the small decoupler and then remove the Wheeljack and spent decoupler.

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Given how KIS is working, I'd say drop the Wheeljack down, put a small decoupler on top, then put the chassis on top of that. When you get done building, fire the small decoupler and then remove the Wheeljack and spent decoupler.

I found if you un-attach the part that the wheel jack is attached to, the wheel jack falls off. All you are doing is taking the root part off rover. The rover stays in tact. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.