[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

1 minute ago, StevieC said:

that is with WBT v1.2.3 that the problem returned.

Well, you got me then, I don't know why you're having that problem. Works just fine for me. I have KIS, KAS, my constellation of mods, nothing else, and it works just fine. No issues whatsoever.

12 hours ago, StevieC said:

that is with WBT v1.2.3 that the problem returned.

Can you post your logs with the issue reproduced? Like, zip them up and post them somewhere? Only thing I can think of is that there is an error of some sort going on that I'm not seeing.

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

Ummm.... how does one actually *use* the JetWing? I can't equip it or attach it to a Kerbal.

The JetWing works best with KIS. It has a built-in decoupler so you can attach it to the side of a vessel, then board it like a command seat. Once boarded, decouple the wing and fly away.

Hi!

After the last update i noticed that all my buffalo rovers deployed  have the wheels locked on load. No errors in the log. No damage in the wheels. Simply they are totally blocked and I need and engineer to unmount them and mount again (KIS) to return functionality. If then I proceed to unload the vessel and reload, the wheels are blocked again....

I don't know if i'm the only one with this problem or is  happening to someone

Sorry. I found the problem with grizzlies. 

For now the Grizzly remains, BUT if you attach the Grizzly to a chassis that is under a flatbed or cab, it WILL be blocked. You'll need a second chassis under the first one to use them.

Edited by Guest

So, with the latest version of KIS, I can't put the JetWing in inventory, either in a Kerbal's inventory assigned by seat, or in a storage module either. Can't store the Buffalo vehicle parts in storage modules anymore either.

On May 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM, StevieC said:

So, with the latest version of KIS, I can't put the JetWing in inventory, either in a Kerbal's inventory assigned by seat, or in a storage module either. Can't store the Buffalo vehicle parts in storage modules anymore either.

Just tried with latest KIS and WildBlueTools. Didn't see any issues.

51 minutes ago, ShotgunNinja said:

Just trying this and the part quality is incredible. Awesome work!

Thanks! :) It was a fun challenge to create something that was conceptually similar to the NASA MMSEV, but also looked like it belonged in the same family as the vehicles around the KSC. I have more stuff planned but they're accessories so it'll be awhile. Definitely not finished with the Buffalo. :)

21 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

Can the "Wagon" part be made to have convertible storage instead of WBIResourceSwitcher?

Yup! You can easily swap out WBIResourceSwitcher for WBIConvertibleStorage without issues (other than losing the current contents when you switch over the module). I'll officially update that in the next release. :)

If the suitport is not one of your planned ideas, have you at least got an airlock module in the Buffalo rover's form-factor planned? I've been trying to make do with Nertea's "SCATTER" 1.25m diameter airlock but it's kind-of unwieldy to shoehorn into the vehicle's length.

1 hour ago, StevieC said:

If the suitport is not one of your planned ideas, have you at least got an airlock module in the Buffalo rover's form-factor planned? I've been trying to make do with Nertea's "SCATTER" 1.25m diameter airlock but it's kind-of unwieldy to shoehorn into the vehicle's length.

I figued the astronauts just depressurized the cab to go outside. If I add an airlock, it would need to do more than just be an airlock, like have a power generator too. Maybe something like a FLEX fuel engine that can switch between MonoPropellant and Ore. But again, this is on the backburner for now while I flesh out more of MOLE and (slowly) work on Pathfinder's remaining IVAs.

Edited by Angel-125

the NASA design called for either the combination of a docking-port and a suitport or an internal airlock, or all of the above to be part of the vehicle so that the interior of the rover could remain pressurized.

Probably silly question, but what's the chance of being able to equip just the JetWing parachute (or "board" it, or attach it to a kerbal, or whatever) so that I can use it as a parachute all by itself for some of my more unreasonable test flights?

15 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

Probably silly question, but what's the chance of being able to equip just the JetWing parachute (or "board" it, or attach it to a kerbal, or whatever) so that I can use it as a parachute all by itself for some of my more unreasonable test flights?

Last time I tried I was unable to get it to work. Someday I'll revisit it and see if I can make a KIS attached chute...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.