[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

10 hours ago, rasta013 said:

Ok, so if I understand correctly, the Grizzly is simply having a problem with the collider not clearing the chassis it's attached too.  As such, would a secondary part that serves as a wheel well be a possible solution?  I know that adding parts in to solve graphical issues is not exactly the ideal solution but it's the first thing that came to mind.  On this train of thought too, if the chassis height messing with the wheel collider is the issue, how about an extended chassis version, possibly a switched skin or something along those lines, that increases the wheelbase to allow the wheel to clear the cab/flatbed above it?  Would this be possible and would it work?

Well the easiest thing to do is take the half-chassis and put it underneath the chassis that has your flatbeds and crew cabs like I showed in the picture. I've tried making the wheel collider smaller but to no avail. Unfortunately there isn't enough info on how the new wheel system works to do something like change settings on the wheel to ignore colliders on other parts like the old wheel system used to do.

The game starts to throw NullRef exceptions when I try to edit the inventory of the Buffalo Crew Cabin. Also both the command cab and the crew cabin seem to not differentiate between Seat 0's KIS slots and the part itself's general-storage KIS slots. Here you can see some screenshots of the problem that I managed to capture.

7 hours ago, StevieC said:

The game starts to throw NullRef exceptions when I try to edit the inventory of the Buffalo Crew Cabin. Also both the command cab and the crew cabin seem to not differentiate between Seat 0's KIS slots and the part itself's general-storage KIS slots. Here you can see some screenshots of the problem that I managed to capture.

I don't see any of these issues. I'm able to load up the command cab and crew cab without NREs, and the KIS slots work fine. What version of KIS do you have, and what version of Buffalo? How did you install Buffalo, through CKAN?

2 hours ago, DownHereInChile said:

Is there a way to make the parts appear ONLY in the buffalo tab? Loving this mod!

You can go to the part configs and set category = none.

3 hours ago, StevieC said:

tried installing KIS, KAS, WildBlueTools and Buffalo all manually and the problem with the Buffalo control cab and crew cab inventory slots still persists.

What version of KIS are you using? I don't see this problem and if others were, I'd be hearing more about it. I think you've got an interaction issue with KIS, Buffalo, and another mod.

Okay, this fresh install did get the Buffalo control cab and crew cabin "general" inventory slots to show up correctly but there's an anomaly in the crew cabin that I still think could be indicative of a bug.

My modlist in this KSP install is: ModuleManager 2.6.24, RasterPropMonitor 0.26.0, ASET Props 1.3, Community Resource Pack 0.5.2.0, KIS 1.2.9, KAS 0.5.7, MOLE 0.6.1, and Buffalo 0.2.14, and no other mods.

58 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Okay, this fresh install did get the Buffalo control cab and crew cabin "general" inventory slots to show up correctly but there's an anomaly in the crew cabin that I still think could be indicative of a bug.

My modlist in this KSP install is: ModuleManager 2.6.24, RasterPropMonitor 0.26.0, ASET Props 1.3, Community Resource Pack 0.5.2.0, KIS 1.2.9, KAS 0.5.7, MOLE 0.6.1, and Buffalo 0.2.14, and no other mods.

I don't see that problem on my install. Make sure you've got WildBlueTools 1.2.2 installed though.

okay, installed it from that link. No change. Should I try the master branch of WBT? Or do I need to delete PartDatabase so the game rebuilds it?

well, deleting PartsDatabas.cfg didn't fix it either.

Edited by StevieC

17 minutes ago, StevieC said:

okay, installed it from that link. No change. Should I try the master branch of WBT? Or do I need to delete PartDatabase so the game rebuilds it?

Not sure where the issue is. You could try temporarily removing WildBlueTools and see if you still have a problem. Obviously other things won't work, just trying to see if WBT is causing issues with the seat inventory. It sounds like a KIS problem.

Also, delete your ModuleManager Cache.

Edited by Angel-125

8 minutes ago, StevieC said:

well, the latest master branch of WBT didn't seem to make the problem go away, nor did removing WBT entirely. I'm afraid you may be right about it being either a KIS or KAS bug.

Did you also remove all your ModuleManager caches?

when I try to run it without WildBlueTools installed it just hangs on the initial loading screen, stuck at WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/JetWing/WBI_JetWing and won't load beyond that point.

9 hours ago, StevieC said:

when I try to run it without WildBlueTools installed it just hangs on the initial loading screen, stuck at WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Parts/JetWing/WBI_JetWing and won't load beyond that point.

Try deleting everything in the JetWing folder and see if it loads.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.