[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

On 16 March 2017 at 2:32 AM, Angel-125 said:

Short answer is no. Long answer is it depends upon how long it takes me to finish the part and create the others for the release. I have a wing to make, saddle tanks, and a gas turbine generator, not to mention a wheel for the Bison, a nuclear reactor, an electric motor for the Heisenberg... So there is a lot to do. I will be glad when it's all done, then I'll finally have what I need to go exploring Kerbin with.

The turbines look like they are well on the way, (and look great by the way), any news on when the stuff mention above will be coming, or any changes you may be making looking at the plans?

1 hour ago, Arcane Intervention said:

The turbines look like they are well on the way, (and look great by the way), any news on when the stuff mention above will be coming, or any changes you may be making looking at the plans?

Unfortunately, this release is taking a lot longer than anticipated. I'm trying to figure out a reasonable design for the gas turbine model, for instance, and I've got a bunch more parts to do. It'll be done when it's done. It's a hobby, after all. :)

Starting working on the Buffalo wings. First up is the wing root, I'm making sure that I've got the part oriented correctly to generate lift:

LxEEvGF.png

With that out of the way, here is the Type 1 Buffalo Wing in action:

nu10Vj5.png

uXHY7tI.png

I think the wings will be easier to do than the tiltrotor and gas turbine. If Squad doesn't put out 1.3 this week, and if I can finish these two parts by the weekend, then I can release Part 1 of Buffalo Wings. :)

Feel a bit like the peanut gallery popping up in most of your mod threads, but wanted to throw it out there that your new models and textures are fantastic.  I appreciate your ability to keep the style constant across all the pieces.  Looking forward to this rather beastly plane.

3 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Feel a bit like the peanut gallery popping up in most of your mod threads, but wanted to throw it out there that your new models and textures are fantastic.  I appreciate your ability to keep the style constant across all the pieces.  Looking forward to this rather beastly plane.

Thanks! :) I'm still marching towards my goal of porkalike, and some things turn out better than others, but I'm getting there. :) The wings I'm working on are fairly close to stock wings; I've got more texture work to do on them, but they're getting there. I still have more to learn; a couple of days ago, @CobaltWolf explained the concept of specular maps to me, and that's something I want to try with more metallic looking parts. I have a project in mind for that, but it's currently top secret, so maybe I can revamp some fuel tanks and give them a metal look instead.

I get what you're talking about by context clues, so cool on reflective/shiny metal things, would be one of those subtle but substantial changes to the look.  My ability to do any of the above, coding, textures, modelling, are not there, so I'm just glad to be able to take advantage of the hard work of those with the calling.

So I understand that "due to technical difficulties CKAN is not supported", but I saw on CKAN that version 0.2.16 was supported, is there any way I can help you sort out these technical difficulties regarding CKAN? I would love to help. 

6 hours ago, Arcane Intervention said:

Are these the tanks?

sorry, i have no idea how to add a photo :/

Those are stock size 0 tanks, they're just a placeholder.

1 hour ago, ISE said:

So I understand that "due to technical difficulties CKAN is not supported", but I saw on CKAN that version 0.2.16 was supported, is there any way I can help you sort out these technical difficulties regarding CKAN? I would love to help. 

Given the debacle last summer where the CKAN team tried to force their buggy software on modders who'd then have to deal with the installation issues. No.The only way I'd support CKAN if I was paid $50,000 (fifty-thousand) USD, up front, because that's how much my time is worth dealing with the hassle of their crappy software. This isn't open to debate, I'm not supporting CKAN unless somebody pays me.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Those are stock size 0 tanks, they're just a placeholder.

Given the debacle last summer where the CKAN team tried to force their buggy software on modders who'd then have to deal with the installation issues. No.The only way I'd support CKAN if I was paid $50,000 (fifty-thousand) USD, up front, because that's how much my time is worth dealing with the hassle of their crappy software. This isn't open to debate, I'm not supporting CKAN unless somebody pays me.

Where do I write the check too? jk :sticktongue: Okay I understand. (side Note) Im lovin the new buffalo wings pack :wink:  

Your're gonna need to mop up my mess, because i'm drooling over these recent additions to buffalo! <3

Edited by ISE

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Wow! Harsh!  Definitely not pulling any punches :cool:  are we?  but I get it:  CKAN still seems to be going through some growing pains and many users don't have the time or ability to figure it out, leaving you the modder on the hook initially.... Until said user is reminded to sort it out with CKAN.

(Not a user of CKAN myself as most of the mods I use are not on it or have load of dependencies. ... and therefore don't play nice with it.... yet)

This is almost cruel! These parts look soooo good, i can't thank you enough for makeing them.

Now, does anyone know of anything that actually fits up a buffalo cargo ramp? I'm thinking I'll fill the back with tiny camera probes...

Edited by Arcane Intervention

32 minutes ago, Arcane Intervention said:

This is almost cruel! These parts look soooo good, i can't thank you enough for makeing them.

Now, does anyone know of anything that actually fits up a buffalo cargo ramp? I'm thinking I'll fill the back with tiny camera probes...

52 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Wow man!  That and the post above are friggin awesome!.  Yup, there seems to be a strange object on the Kerbol system's horizon.  It's big....  Really big....

I've wanted to make Buffalo Wings since December of last year, and it's nice to see it finally coming together. :) So I know what it's like to anticipate the next update. Unfortunately I didn't hit a release level this weekend but I got close. Maybe next week, barring KSP 1.3. I do have some personal stuff to do next week so we'll see how far I get. Most likely I'll have to stagger the releases of my mods..

Once I get this done, I can finally go of my version of @EJ_SA's Kerbin Exploration Initiative. KEI inspired me to make the Heisenberg mod, and to make aircraft parts for Buffalo.

The last major update to Buffalo is Water Buffalo, where I make a few submarine parts, but that is a ways off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.