[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

would it be possible to get the craft file for this plane, mine is so unbalanced i wanna pull your apart and see how you made it :P

Yup, already slated for the next release. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Had to change the settings on the rotors so they rotated up when using the control.  Also, added some compressed air rcs thrusters to help with stability.  Added a probe core to control it.  Flew to the abandoned airfield and back and landed on the VAB for the first time, just missed the helipad and promptly lost my probe core, but I shut down the throttle before losing it, so I just kind of sat there on top of the VAB.  Successful test flight of V-22, will try putting a SAFER on it next.  I'm planning on sending one of these, a Kestrel, and a Pathfinder base with my Alexei Leonov DSEV, and all my Kerbals will meet up on the surface of Duna and have a party! Leonov is under construction in Kerbin orbit.

fzWG3QM.png

A4KnIpq.png

I82O9Mj.png

EBh560G.png?1

RInkj2I.png?3

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Eventually. :)

Haha, you should add a TM next to Eventually.  

Fun story, was goofing around with the Buff and Heisenberg the other day...  I can't build airships (yet), but these are some cool things man.  It's been since 1.0.4 or 5 since I used Buffalo.  Big improvement to a system that already worked well.  Thanks.  I like that I don't need to strap a 2.5m teetering Science Lab to the flat deck anymore.  Bob kept crashing my prototype science rovers anytime he took a grade steeper than 2 %.  (He got his licence from a box of Kerb-PopsTM). 

17 minutes ago, Flying Geologist said:

Long time lurker for this mod (among others), but I felt that I had to share this image.

View post on imgur.com

Mind you, it's not a testament to my pilot abilities, but rather one to how easy you make it to work with all of these different parts. Appreciate all of your hard work Angel-125!

Nicely done! :)

Whenever I try to launch a vessel using the Buffalo command pod KSP crashes to desktop. The only thing I can see in the logs that might be causing this is a note at the top of the Player.log: 

The following assembly referenced from /home/starkrg/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Plugins/Buffalo.dll could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   KerbalActuators    (assemblyref_index=1)
     Version:    1.0.0.0
     Public Key: (none)
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/starkrg/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Plugins/).

Could not load file or assembly 'KerbalActuators, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I've completely removed both KerbalActuators and Buffalo, and replaced them with clean copies from the zip and the problem still occurs.

Here are the raw logs:
KSP.log
Player.log

4 hours ago, StarkRG said:

Whenever I try to launch a vessel using the Buffalo command pod KSP crashes to desktop. The only thing I can see in the logs that might be causing this is a note at the top of the Player.log: 

The following assembly referenced from /home/starkrg/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Plugins/Buffalo.dll could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   KerbalActuators    (assemblyref_index=1)
     Version:    1.0.0.0
     Public Key: (none)
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/starkrg/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Plugins/).

Could not load file or assembly 'KerbalActuators, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I've completely removed both KerbalActuators and Buffalo, and replaced them with clean copies from the zip and the problem still occurs.

Here are the raw logs:
KSP.log
Player.log

Are you using Buffalo 2.0.6? Are you using KSP 1.2.9? None of my mods are compiled for KSP 1.2.9.

1 hour ago, StarkRG said:

The problem also occurs with the bison pods, but not the crewless probe.

Your logs seem to indicate that you don't have KerbalActuators installed. Be sure to install it into theWildBlueIndustries folder. You can check your logs, KerbalActuators would appear in the list.

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Your logs seem to indicate that you don't have KerbalActuators installed. Be sure to install it into theWildBlueIndustries folder. You can check your logs, KerbalActuators would appear in the list.

It's definitely there. Proof.

Is it possible it's somehow compiled for windows only? As I'm using Linux that would explain a lot...

Edited by StarkRG

Almost every other mod works cross platform (there's only been three that I know of that had separate Linux and Mac versions and they were pretty low level stuff like memory management), and I used to be able to use Buffalo just fine, so I don't know what's changed. It's only KerbalActuators that's apparently failing to load, are you using some windows-specific code? Would you suggest I just go back to one of the previous versions that worked?

9 hours ago, StarkRG said:

Almost every other mod works cross platform (there's only been three that I know of that had separate Linux and Mac versions and they were pretty low level stuff like memory management), and I used to be able to use Buffalo just fine, so I don't know what's changed. It's only KerbalActuators that's apparently failing to load, are you using some windows-specific code? Would you suggest I just go back to one of the previous versions that worked?

TBH I don't know what to do at this point. I think you should install a previous version until you get one that doesn't crash. I know everything is working on Windows, I used it today.

Hello!

I have the same problem that @StarkRG

This is what I see in my log:

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Plugins\Buffalo.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalActuators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalActuators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Buffalo': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.JetWing' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIMultiEngineHover' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\DSEV\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\DSEV\Plugins\DSEVUtils.dll (this message is harmless)

and my System:

[LOG 09:05:47.472] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64) *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8)
RAM: 65456
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4058MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 21.21.13.7653])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Sun, May 07, 2017 09:05:47

Hope this helps.

im having some trouble with the jet wing no matter what u do it always spins uncontrollably,i even tried lining up the COM with the COT and it flips out, i think the issue is atmospheric is there anything i can do. Does FAR help?

Edited by Abstract223

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.