[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

The recompile doesn't seem to have fixed the issue, at least not for me. I don't know if there's any debugging options we could try, I'm willing to assist in that regard if you want. In the meantime I've installed the last pre-actuators version of Buffalo, 1.2.3.

Update: Ok, no, so that's not working either... I'm guessing it must be one of the other mods interfering to cause this problem... this is going to be one hell of a pain in the ass to troubleshoot...

Edited by StarkRG

12 hours ago, Abstract223 said:

im having some trouble with the jet wing no matter what u do it always spins uncontrollably,i even tried lining up the COM with the COT and it flips out, i think the issue is atmospheric is there anything i can do. Does FAR help?

My guess is that it needs to be rebalanced after the aerodynamic changes. I assume you aren't using hover mode?

4 hours ago, StarkRG said:

The recompile doesn't seem to have fixed the issue, at least not for me. I don't know if there's any debugging options we could try, I'm willing to assist in that regard if you want. In the meantime I've installed the last pre-actuators version of Buffalo, 1.2.3.

Update: Ok, no, so that's not working either... I'm guessing it must be one of the other mods interfering to cause this problem... this is going to be one hell of a pain in the ass to troubleshoot...

Yeah there's not much I can do at this point. Linux is a whole different beast. I know it works on Windows and the dlls are in sync.

So, I have discovered a coupke things with both Buffalo and Heisenberg:

1- both are way cool.  Thanks!

2- I can mostly fly the V-22, I can even sometimes land it. Yay

3- I can't seem to aim/land on the airships (PEBCAK) boo!  Good thing I've been practicing in a sandbox save !

Spoiler

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Plugins\WildBlueTools.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Plugins\Buffalo.dll (this message is harmless)
ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalActuators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KerbalActuators, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Buffalo': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.JetWing' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIMultiEngineHover' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Heisenberg\Plugin\AirshipUtils.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\KerbalActuators\Plugins\KerbalActuators.dll (this message is harmless)

So I started to take a look through my output_log and noticed this.
Looks like I am not the only one seeing this message.

11 minutes ago, Apaseall said:
  Hide contents

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Plugins\WildBlueTools.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Plugins\Buffalo.dll (this message is harmless)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Buffalo': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.JetWing' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIMultiEngineHover' from assembly 'Buffalo, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Heisenberg\Plugin\AirshipUtils.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\KerbalActuators\Plugins\KerbalActuators.dll (this message is harmless)

So I started to take a look through my output_log and noticed this.
Looks like I am not the only one seeing this message.

Try renaming the folder to 000KerbalActuators. Really grasping at straws here..

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

So, I have discovered a coupke things with both Buffalo and Heisenberg:

1- both are way cool.  Thanks!

2- I can mostly fly the V-22, I can even sometimes land it. Yay

3- I can't seem to aim/land on the airships (PEBCAK) boo!  Good thing I've been practicing in a sandbox save !

Definitely doable. Check out my KEEP story for examples.

25 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Try renaming the folder to 000KerbalActuators. Really grasping at straws here..

Definitely doable. Check out my KEEP story for examples.

Yeah totally know it's doable. I  just need more practice.  And more Kerbals.. .  Sigh.... always more Kerbals... they just keep dying when I crash!  My last attempt I at least HIT the flight deck, so improvement!

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Yeah totally know it's doable. I  just need more practice.  And more Kerbals.. .  Sigh.... always more Kerbals... they just keep dying when I crash!  My last attempt I at least HIT the flight deck, so improvement!

Two things that help me are the CompressedAir rcs thrusters and the VTOL Manager. I have landed aircraft without either, just takes practice. :)

3 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Renaming with the three zeros seems to have stopped the error message, or during this load it did :)

Ok, do me a favor and run it that way for a few days and report back. If no problems then I'll chane that for the next release.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Two things that help me are the CompressedAir rcs thrusters and the VTOL Manager. I have landed aircraft without either, just takes practice. :)

My issue with the Compressed air RCS is again a PEBCAK*, that being I keep misjudging their potency - which is the same problem I always have when trying out new RCS thrusters on orbit; I'll get it eventually...  VTOL Manager is the only reason I even hit the flight deck in the first place... And then I turned it off and forgot to kill my throttle first, which sent poor Doodford Kerman up, up and away, and then back down again, into the flight deck's control tower. :)

So now the next test flight will be with Shurman Kerman and a rebuilt Macon IV (I have done some serious damage to the first 3 Macon's - think original Star Trek series and movies).

On the plus side, I have managed several, well 2, successful landings with the V-22 on the ground, so go me!

*PEBCAK for those whom don't know:

Spoiler

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard

On 09/05/2017 at 0:03 AM, Angel-125 said:

Yeah there's not much I can do at this point. Linux is a whole different beast. I know it works on Windows and the dlls are in sync.

For the record, it appears the problem is the result of RasterPropMonitor. Edit: it's ASET causing the issue, and it's a known bug.

Edited by StarkRG

Not sure if this is log-worthy, but I'm back to having trouble with the JetWing.  The VTOL manager is just giving me the button to activate engines, and if I stage to the engines being active, they flameout from lack of air intake (using LF on Kerbin) after a few seconds.

Spoiler

WBIPropStateHelper [FFE9266A][196.3795]: Config node added for WBI.GondoGarden2WBIPropStateHelper

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoGarden2/WBI_GondoGarden2' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Part 'WBI.GondoGarden2' has defined a procedural drag cube setup

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Part+<Start>c__Iterator38.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoHab/WBI_GondoHab'

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'None' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoHab2/WBI_GondoHab2'

Spoiler

WBIMeshToggle [FFE930E0][196.3795]: Config node added for WBI.HL10GondoDrillWBIMeshToggle

PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoDrill/WBI_HL10GondoDrill' has no database record. Creating.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoGarden/WBI_GondoGarden'

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'None' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/GondoGarden2/WBI_GondoGarden2'

WBIMeshHelper [FFE9267A][196.3795]: Looking for proto node for WBI.GondoGarden2WBIMeshHelper

v2.0.8

have a few error messages you might want to take a look at.

and thank you for releasing an update.

Edited by Apaseall

@Angel-125

I have been goofing around with Buffalo and Heisenberg for a few days now in both my almost vanilla install and my modded install.  In the almost vanilla (HL Airships, Buffalo, Heisenberg, KSO, Airpark, Firespitter, CRP, Mechjeb, KER) everything appears to be functioning within expected parameters.

In my modded (heavily) install, both the Buffalo RCS Compressed Air and the bigger Heiseberg Compressed Air RCS continually drain to zero with only one press of an RCS control; which makes fine maneuvering next to impossible.

With my vanilla install I can park on the roofs of  KSC and even make some landings on the Macon Airship! The RCS appears to function correctly.  So, my question is, do you know of any obvious mod conflicts?

KSP info and Mod list:

Spoiler

KSP 1.2.2 Build 1622 Win Player x64

[x] Science

000 Filter Extensions

000 Filter Extensions configs

Airpartk

ASET

Auto Screenshots

B9 Aero

B9 Aero Legacy

B9 Animation Modules

B9 Part Switch

Better Time Warp

CactEye

Chatterer

Coatl Aerospace

CCK

CRP

CTT

Contract Configurator

Contract Packs - SETI Unmanned Before Manned

Cormorant Aeronology

Crowd Sourced Science

CTN - MAV

CTTP

Custom Barn Kit

Dark Side Tech

Decaying RTGs

Deployable Engines

DOE

DMagic Orbit Science

DMagic Science Animate

Extrasolar

FASA Lauch Towers 1.2.x fix

Firespitter

Hided Empty Tech nodes

HL Airships

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Janitor's closet

JSI - Camera

KAS

KEI

KCT dev

KER

KJR

KIS

Kopernicus

KSO

KSP - AVC

KW Rocketry

Mk IV Spaceplane

MechJeb2

MK3 Crew Mid Deck IVA

Modular Flight Integrator

Monthly budgests

Navy Fish DPAI

NF Constructions

NF Electrical

NF Props

NF Propulsion

NF Solar

NF Spacecraft

Nebula Decals and Nebula Handrails

Nehemiah Orbital Material Science

Neried Final Frontier

OPM

Persistant Rotation

Precise Node

REPO Soft TEcth Deep Freeze Cont'd

ScanSat

Science Relay

SETI Greeebhouse

smoke screen

SPD Hex Trusses

Texture Replacer

Thunder Aerospace TAC -LS

Toadius Tools

Trajectories

Trigger Tech KAC and TWP

Universal Storage

Vanguard Astrodynamics

Vanguard Tech - Ejection Seats

KSPI-E

WBI - Buffalo, Actuators, DSEV, Heisenberg,. WBT, Kerbal Komets, Mobile Emitter

Xenon Hall Thrusters from NF Propulstion

Module Manager 2.7.6

I'll see if I can get you a log "soon" If you;d like.

Edited by smotheredrun

@Angel-125

Here are some more details:

When using the V-22 sample craft or using a build similar to your rescue Buffalo you posted in the KAS Beta thread ( very cool :) ) I had the gas turbines running, and of course the rotors running. This is true in both my installs.

In my vanilla install mentioned above, both worked perfectly - compressed air was being generated at a constant rate based upon gas turbine throttle, usually about 50 - 60% when using the ascend/descend functions in the VTOL manager or 20-30% when using the 0 - middle button - setting (not running KSP atm)

In my modded install, with with turbines running at same throttle settings, the compressed air starts fully charged and then when using RCS controls the charge completely depletes, and begins recharging at a much slower rate.  Each subsequent RCS input depletes the air "charge" again. Shutting off RCS the air recharges again, but still slower than in my mostly Vanilla install.

Here is the log from my modded install:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcr8pprnfh37p9x/output_log.txt?dl=0

If you need any more info, let me know. 

19 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125

Here are some more details:

When using the V-22 sample craft or using a build similar to your rescue Buffalo you posted in the KAS Beta thread ( very cool :) ) I had the gas turbines running, and of course the rotors running. This is true in both my installs.

In my vanilla install mentioned above, both worked perfectly - compressed air was being generated at a constant rate based upon gas turbine throttle, usually about 50 - 60% when using the ascend/descend functions in the VTOL manager or 20-30% when using the 0 - middle button - setting (not running KSP atm)

In my modded install, with with turbines running at same throttle settings, the compressed air starts fully charged and then when using RCS controls the charge completely depletes, and begins recharging at a much slower rate.  Each subsequent RCS input depletes the air "charge" again. Shutting off RCS the air recharges again, but still slower than in my mostly Vanilla install.

Here is the log from my modded install:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcr8pprnfh37p9x/output_log.txt?dl=0

If you need any more info, let me know. 

My suggestion is to take half your mods out of your game data folder, and see if the problem occurrs. If not, put them back and take the other half out. Keep repeating that until you can isolate the mod(s) that are causing you problems. I don't see the issues that you're describing.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

My suggestion is to take half your mods out of your game data folder, and see if the problem occurrs. If not, put them back and take the other half out. Keep repeating that until you can isolate the mod(s) that are causing you problems. I don't see the issues that you're describing.

Already started.  I looked through the log and can't really see anything that says "HEY!! This is the problem!!" I just eliminated KIS and KAS. (yay!)

I was able to replicate it in both my career and sandbox saves, so doing the binary search looks like the path to take.

@Angel-125, I have been slammed at work this pas week, and working in the wind outdoors while holding a jackhammer above my head is not what I'd call a great way to keep my energy levels up for evening KSP bug hunting. :(

Buuuuttt..... I have nothing booked this weekend, and the munchkin is off at the lake, so all of a sudden, I have some free time! :)   I was doing some brain-working though and was thinking that'd I'd start with a slightly more targeted search.  I really only need to eliminate a few mods from my main install, as my test install has already eliminated about 1/3 of the mods I usually use.  Thinking it may be related to a resource issue... not sure why but I have a hunch, and well, I need to start somewhere.  Obviously CRP can be eliminated, your mods all use seem to work with it/almost require it for optimal exploration experience.

I'll see what I come up with.

5 hours ago, just johnny said:

Hello  been a while. saw the jetwing parachute missing texture. found current release 2.0.8 missing jetwing2.mbm file

Thanks, I noticed that too and will fix it in the next release.

Also, heads up, I think I accidentally enabled the AirPark in the latest update. It is NOT ready for prime time and is still in testing. Use it at your own risk.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Also, heads up, I think I accidentally enabled the AirPark in the latest update. It is NOT ready for prime time and is still in testing. Use it at your own risk.

So far I haven't found anything explody.  Are you thinking of adding that into the Heisenberg mod?

Update regarding the Compressed Air RCS:

Issue is with Interstellar Fuel Switch for some reason.  I just deleted it grabbed a V-22 from the SPH, activated SAS and RCS, opened the VTOL manage.  Activate the Gas Turbines, throttle up, use RCS and WOOOOO!!!! no recharge issues!

Now what? lol

EDIT:

I'm getting beer!

Edited by smotheredrun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.