[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

50 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

When I originally made the JetWing, I wanted the part to attach to the back of a kerbal via KIS and it would let you fly around. Sadly, I could never make it work that way, and it became a single part that you board and fly. But it felt wonky because it lacked a proper seat- until now:

While KSP now has parafoil chutes, the JetWing still has a special place in the Buffalo mod, and it still has its accessories. It also flies pretty well with Aircraft Autopilot! :)

YES!!!!!   :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

2 minutes ago, Neil Kerman said:

I can't seem to find the guppy cab when I install the newest version of the mod. Is it because the guppy hasn't been added yet?

Correct, it'll be at least another week before everything is ready.

Finally getting around to reworking the Buffalo Ground Stabilizer into proper landing gear:

KuWbiof.png

There's now a gear well where you attach the landing gear, and the gear itself. The gear well can also be used to attach the upcoming Buffalo Drill Mk2. I likely won't deprecate the existing Ground Stabilizer out of the gate as I need more testing of its replacement. But once that's done, your existing craft will be preserved while new craft won't be able to use the older part.

I've been doing a lot of mesh optimizing and some plugin work, so not much of an update tonight, but here's the start of an aquatic RCS:

c23spr8.png

It's a stupid simple part, but needed for underwater adventures. Meanwhile, the landing leg is on hold because, well, I'd rant like crazy if I got into it. Suffice to say that making landing legs is worse than making IVAs, and I HATE making IVAs.

I am having a problem with WBT- I switched it to "classic stock" just to see what that was, but now I seem to be unable to switch it back. I've twice confirmed it's set to Pristine mode and restarted, but scansat lists explodium and blutonium, not the stock resources. What can I do to get the stock resources back? Also, it's not clear at all on that selection page as to which mode is the default with the current resources, only the "classic stock" setting gives any indication as to which resources will be in use.

7 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I am having a problem with WBT- I switched it to "classic stock" just to see what that was, but now I seem to be unable to switch it back. I've twice confirmed it's set to Pristine mode and restarted, but scansat lists explodium and blutonium, not the stock resources. What can I do to get the stock resources back? Also, it's not clear at all on that selection page as to which mode is the default with the current resources, only the "classic stock" setting gives any indication as to which resources will be in use.

I need details including what operating system, where the game is located, logs, and steps to reproduce. Meanwhile, I'm happy to introduce the new Dive Computer:

I'm down to bug fixes and fine tuning at this point, then the Water Buffalo release is ready!

On 7/26/2018 at 12:21 AM, vardicd said:

Loved the hell out of that show

Funny, I remember loving Seaquest DSV as a kid... but have you watched it lately? It's honestly... the dreck-iest kind of early 90's sci-fi. Babylon 5 is slightly better. But IMO Seaquest was definitely "better" before the sci-fi genre went ahead and got better.

Sorry, off-topic, but had to provide that comment. LOL

Edited by scottadges

21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I need details including what operating system, where the game is located, logs, and steps to reproduce.

Win 10 64, KSP 1.44 x64, standard Steam install path (Program File x86\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Kerbal Space Program) and to reproduce, use the WBT button in the space center interface. Change it to Classic Stock and restart. Now try to change it back.

The game is pretty confused now, if I go to one of my orbiting resource scanners they list the standard current resources as overlays along with Explodium/Blutonium/Graywater etc. of the classic stock. The Scansat interfaces only show the classic stock resources. I have no idea what will happen when I try to mine.

Another issue: accessing Manage Operations on a Casa that had just been inflated on the Mun resulted in the same blank UI that I had before upgrading to 1.55.10 of WBT. It looks to me like something is still broken with the Casa, all other buildings (Doc Science, Hacienda, Chuckwagon) worked fine, no issues accessing the manage operations UI and configuring them correctly.

And finally, I'l be danged if I can figure out how to use the tube extender. I just tried, and no matter what I did the only orientation that would turn blue for attachment was with the tubes pointing at the sky and the ground. No matter what I did rotating it around or what building I tried to connect it to, it wouldn't attach in any other orientation other than one that will only work if you want tubes sticking upward.

Edited by vossiewulf

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Funny, I remember loving Seaquest DSV as a kid... but have you watched it lately? It's honestly... the dreck-iest kind of early 90's sci-fi. Babylon 5 is slightly better. But IMO Seaquest was definitely "better" before the sci-fi genre went ahead and got better.

Not quite off-topic as I'm looking at making a kerbalized SeaQuest... :)

@vossiewulf Do you have any logs that reproduce the error with play mode switching?

51 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@vossiewulf Do you have any logs that reproduce the error with play mode switching?

This looks relevant. I don't see any other errors or exceptions with WBI.

[EXC 19:49:13.839] IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS. Path: 
	System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIPlayModeHelper.renameFiles (System.String filePath, Boolean asTextFile)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIPlayModeHelper.renameFiles (System.String filePath, Boolean asTextFile)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIPlayModeHelper.updateTemplates (System.String modeName)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIPlayModeHelper.SetPlayMode (System.String name)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIPlayModeHelper.SetPlayMode (Int32 index)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIModeChecker.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

16 hours ago, scottadges said:

I own the Seaquest episodes on DvD Still watch them, yes they were and are cringe-worthy story and effects, but then again I'm a man who can lose hours watching Old Godzilla movies of some guys in rubber suits stomp around toy city sets and fight each other, and still enjoy it like its the first time I watched them, when I was a child.

23 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I had this problem once before and got a bit of help in the Scansat thread:

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, DStaal said:

The 'Classic Stock Resources' configs from Angel-125 override the 'Community Resource Pack' configs for ScanSat.  What you need to do is remove this file:

GameData/WildBlueIndustries/ClassicStockResources/Templates/Utility/Scanners_SCANsat.txt

Then you'll be able to use CRP resources again. 

I'm not sure if this is the best design decision on Angel's part, but on the other hand I do see that with ScanSat's limited number of resources there aren't enough resource ID's for both the CRP resources and the Classic Stock Resources.    Maybe this should be a Patchmanager config?  Either way, know that they don't play well together, and changing the setting in the WBI control panel doesn't change which resources you can see in the world.

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I need details including what operating system, where the game is located, logs, and steps to reproduce. Meanwhile, I'm happy to introduce the new Dive Computer:

I'm down to bug fixes and fine tuning at this point, then the Water Buffalo release is ready!

OMG Giddy school child here. can't wait to explore Kerbin's oceans.

Thanks to @vardicd for the solution to my resource problem!

Angel, I agree that this doesn't seem to be a good design, since if nothing else it breaks your own UI that's designed to control what resources are active. And from the error, it looks to me like this isn't intentional, the plan was to copy over configs as necessary but when you go to copy over the one that overrides Scansat, that file already exists so you get the IO error.

Edited by vossiewulf

22 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks to @vardicd for the solution to my resource problem!

Angel, I agree that this doesn't seem to be a good design, since if nothing else it breaks your own UI that's designed to control what resources are active. And from the error, it looks to me like this isn't intentional, the plan was to copy over configs as necessary but when you go to copy over the one that overrides Scansat, that file already exists so you get the IO error.

Yes not intentional. I don’t use CRP anymore but I’m surprised that this one happened since I still do testing to ensure a smooth transition. I’ll take a look later this week.

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yes not intentional. I don’t use CRP anymore but I’m surprised that this one happened since I still do testing to ensure a smooth transition. I’ll take a look later this week.

Actually @vardicd's instructions aren't correct - you don't need to delete the text file, that's the source you (Angel) use to copy it over to a .cfg file, at which point it becomes active. You need to delete the .cfg, that's the spurious file that shouldn't have been included in the build - since it's there it's active, and you fail when someone tries to enable classic stock because the classic stock .cfg file already exists.

16 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Actually @vardicd's instructions aren't correct - you don't need to delete the text file, that's the source you (Angel) use to copy it over to a .cfg file, at which point it becomes active. You need to delete the .cfg, that's the spurious file that shouldn't have been included in the build - since it's there it's active, and you fail when someone tries to enable classic stock because the classic stock .cfg file already exists.

Where does the existing CRP file for scansat reside? 

17 hours ago, scottadges said:

Oh, go for an even older one than SeaQuest: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

And while I am not sure what you mean by "dreckiest kind of...Sci-fi", I would have to say it is just as corny as Seaquest. But every chance I get and when I see either show on, I usually have the shows on. I'm even thinking about getting both on DVD, but first, I want to get one of the other hokey-er sci-fi series, Space 1999.

@Angel-125: Am I reading this right? The WaterBuffalo has been released?!

Edited by adsii1970

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, go for an even older one than SeaQuest: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

And while I am not sure what you mean by "dreckiest kind of...Sci-fi", I would have to say it is just as corny as Seaquest. But every chance I get and when I see either show on, I usually have the shows on. I'm even thinking about getting both on DVD, but first, I want to get one of the other hokey-er sci-fi series, Space 1999.

@Angel-125: Am I reading this right? The WaterBuffalo has been released?!

Water Buffalo is feature complete but I am wrestling with bugs before kicking it out the door. 

I remember watching Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea as a kid and loved the flying sub. I had a model kit of it too. I’ve considered making a SeaView bow and flying sub for Wild Blue Submarines; it is primarily going to be a kerbalized SeaQuest but modular enough for other large submarines.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Water Buffalo is feature complete but I am wrestling with bugs before kicking it out the door. 

I remember watching Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea as a kid and loved the flying sub. I had a model kit of it too. I’ve considered making a SeaView bow and flying sub for Wild Blue Submarines; it is primarily going to be a kerbalized SeaQuest but modular enough for other large submarines.

It will be fun. I'm shelving the ballast tanks I began to work on; seems you've exceeded what I came up with. :D

I'm going to just focus on my planetary system, Nohochacyum. There's some neat ideas I have had and I'm waiting on confirmation that I have the light curves fixed before I push an update. Right now, there are a few planet placeholders and the star itself. I'm going to change the name of a few of the planets to be more "theme" centered. One of the planets will be a water-planet with a handful of small islands. And since I've been figuring out how to do the surface mapping, it will have a pretty deep ocean and hopefully some interesting terrain features - but all under water!

Right now, I need to figure out why I am burning out probes. I think it has something to do with the intensity number, but still am not too sure. It will take a lot more testing before I get ALL the bugs worked out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.