[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

Good to hear :-)  Thanks for making this awesome mod!  I'm excited to dig into it!

All of the Buffalo mod parts are kept in the menu with the Buffalo icon, right?  Are the chassis kept somewhere else?

I tried doing a fresh install of the mod, but still can't find the chassis parts...

https://imgur.com/oKy8Fgo

Update Edit:
Like you suggested, I think it may be an install problem.  I am attaching screenshots of my the load screen error and my Game Data Directory in a reply below...

Edited by Astro-Droid
Updated info...

I tried deleting the mod and re-installing it, but I am still getting an error when loading the game saying: "WildBlueTools Unsupported KSP version... Please use 1.3.1"  

Loading Screen Error message for WildBlueTools...
https://imgur.com/RYSRLO9

My Game Data folder...
https://imgur.com/JIVhh5C

Here is a screenshot of my "WildBlueIndustries" Folder...
https://imgur.com/UQcFQOy

This is my "000WildBlueTools" folder...
https://imgur.com/5Oe2Cvr

I am also getting a 2nd error on the load screen saying: "Kerbal Actuators Unsupported KSP version... Please use 1.3.1"
https://imgur.com/9oxCqxn

Here is a screenshot of my Kerbal Actuators folder: 
https://imgur.com/4A4uOe5

001KerbalActuators\Plugins
 folder:
https://imgur.com/6NnkpjR

Edited by Astro-Droid
added screenshots...

Ah yes!  This is wonderful!! :) 

Thanks for the update!!  I'm no longer getting those errors on start up, and all the chassis and crew cabin parts are showing up in the menu!  This mod is fantastic!  I love your attention to detail!  ...and it is really cool how supportive you are on the debugging end, with quick replies and updates!  You're the best!!

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Carrot said:

The RTG is missing from the tech tree in career mode :)

Then another mod has removed it. I promise, it's still there as far as Buffalo/all of Wild Blue is concerned. I also play career mode, and I have both the RTG and the SAFER.

13 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Then another mod has removed it. I promise, it's still there as far as Buffalo/all of Wild Blue is concerned. I also play career mode, and I have both the RTG and the SAFER.

So weird. But the RTG appeared again in tech tree when I "uninstall" buffalo and wild blue stuffs without doing other stuffs. I tested it mod by mod. And I am using a mac :)

Edited by Carrot

35 minutes ago, Carrot said:

So weird. But the RTG appeared again in tech tree when I "uninstall" buffalo and wild blue stuffs without doing other stuffs. I tested it mod by mod. And I am using a mac :)

What other mods do you use? It's possible a cfg somewhere has a :NEEDS[WildBlueIndustries] or :AFTER[BuffaloMSEV] or something like that.

If you're on Windows, you can set up windows to allow you to search the contents of .cfg files and then search for WildBlueIndustries or BuffaloMSEV (or whatever the Buffalo dll is, if there is one - spacedock seems to not work at my university for the moment)

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

What other mods do you use? It's possible a cfg somewhere has a :NEEDS[WildBlueIndustries] or :AFTER[BuffaloMSEV] or something like that.

If you're on Windows, you can set up windows to allow you to search the contents of .cfg files and then search for WildBlueIndustries or BuffaloMSEV (or whatever the Buffalo dll is, if there is one - spacedock seems to not work at my university for the moment)

I just removed all other mods while only leaving "Squad", Module Manager and wildblue stuffs in the Gamedata folder

aWiD0s6.png

And it happens:

u2vqwm8.png

Once I simply removing wildblue stuffs from gamedata folder, it appears again :)

Edited by Carrot

@Carrot OOoooooh, I get it. Stock has the RTG in Experimental Electrics. Wild Blue moves it to Large Electrics. It's not removed from the game, it just isn't in that node. Large Electrics is a node in the stock tech tree, so you don't need CTT or anything to still have it.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

@Carrot, can you post your ksp.log file someplace?  (Not here - Dropbox or something, and link to it.)  We should be able to tell you what's going on from that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19HNObnBP9vBsAzZ1MOPhvFs6AWhm0VgD/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

@Carrot OOoooooh, I get it. Stock has the RTG in Experimental Electrics. Wild Blue moves it to Large Electrics. It's not removed from the game, it just isn't in that node. Large Electrics is a node in the stock tech tree, so you don't need CTT or anything to still have it.

Thanks lol. That was hard to find :)

39 minutes ago, Carrot said:

Just to help you in the future...

So, if you search that file for the part name 'rtg', you'll find this line:

[LOG 03:38:48.221] Config(@PART[rtg]) WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/ModuleManagerPatches/MM_Stock/@PART[rtg]

If you then open that file, you'll see the following:

@PART[rtg]
{
	@TechRequired = largeElectrics
}

Which says that the part gets moved in the tech tree, answering your question as to what happened to it.  :wink:

There's lots of helpful people on this board - but it's always nice to be able to help yourself, or to *be* one of the helpful people as well.

• 1 month later...

Buffalo 2.5.0 is now available:

New Part
- Buffalo Recycler Arm: Available if Pathfinder is installed. This arm has been redesigned to be fully articulated and combines the part recycling capabilities of the original with a magnet that can pick up other objects.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Recompiled for KSP 1.4.3
- Adjusted the tilt-rotor power and atmosphere curves. Thanks JadeOfMaar! :)
- Improved resource summary in the geology lab.
- Fixed a situation where resource distribution that wouldn't distribute resources.
- Adjusted Classic Stock resource densities to reflect the 5-liter standard used by most stock resources.
- Adjusted Classic Stock storage capacities to reflect the 5-liter standard used by most stock resources. These changes will affect new parts and when you reconfigure an existing part.
- Classic Stock is now the default Play Mode for new installs of WBI mods. Existing games are unchanged.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

I installed this awhile back, but just now got around to playing with the rover / plane parts.

All I can say is WOW.

This mod could almost be its own game.  Bravo sir!

Thanks! The only thing missing are submarine parts and they’re on the drawing board 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Angel-125 A question for you sir, I've just re-installed your buffalo mod, and it seems to have a new part from the last time I messed around with it, and I have to ask:

va2IpMd.jpg

Does this Bulldozer actually alter the surface of planets/moons in someway, or does it do something else like put down flat concrete/muncrete slabs, or is this just flavor text/part and has no function? I've flipped back through the thread, and can't find where it was added, nor find a changelog referencing it, and the in game KSP says nothing about it. If you've actually found a way to smooth/terraform the surface of KSP planetary/moon bodies, this is amazing.

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 A question for you sir, I've just re-installed your buffalo mod, and it seems to have a new part from the last time I messed around with it, and I have to ask:

va2IpMd.jpg

Does this Bulldozer actually alter the surface of planets/moons in someway, or does it do something else like put down flat concrete/muncrete slabs, or is this just flavor text/part and has no function? I've flipped back through the thread, and can't find where it was added, nor find a changelog referencing it, and the in game KSP says nothing about it. If you've actually found a way to smooth/terraform the surface of KSP planetary/moon bodies, this is amazing.

That is going to let you build flat platforms made of regolith by placing statics on the ground. Ideally with help from Kerbal Konstructs. The idea is you drop a Buffalo Bulldozer on a planet and give it time to build up the regolith. Once said time expires you then place the static model in similar fashion to Kerbal Konstructs. No more slanted bases built on a hillside... It is the next piece of Project Sandcastle. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.