[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

AFAIK B9 in any of its mods does not define any resources.
Doing a simple grep through .cfg files in my install finds only these;

\GameData\TriggerTech\KSPAlternateResourcePanel\PluginData\settings.cfg
\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\ClassicStock.cfg
\GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\Templates\Common\WBIResources.cfg

I am running KSP 1.4.5 and try to ensure all my mods are up to date.
It would be helpful to know which versions of KSP and B9PartSwitch the OP is using.

Buffalo 2.6.8 is now available:

Last release for KSP 1.4.5!

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed issue where switching Play Modes would cause some files to not be renamed and cause all kinds of fun for players...
NOTE: For the changes to take effect, you'll need to switch your Play Mode to some mode other than the current one, then switch it to the desired mode.

Edited by Angel-125

Huh... something is REALLY buoyant here:

hj13WbYa.png

latest DL on a more or less stock 1.5 - all of those nubbins (EDIT: and the saddle tanks, and the main Tundra tank...) are full of lead, too... super-buoyant ISRU, service bay or cargo tail, maybe...? Or just need MOAR LEAD (There's 1820 lead currently loaded in that craft)?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

26 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Huh... something is REALLY buoyant here:

hj13WbYa.png

latest DL on a more or less stock 1.5 - all of those nubbins (EDIT: and the saddle tanks, and the main Tundra tank...) are full of lead, too... super-buoyant ISRU, service bay or cargo tail, maybe...? Or just need MOAR LEAD (There's 1820 lead currently loaded in that craft)?

Haven't tried any of my mods on 1.5 yet.

• 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125 sooner or later I'm going to run out of RAM. I keep saying 'OK, that's the last mod I'll install' but then I find another shiny mod like yours and I just have to install it. I believe this is known as 'mod creep'.

This looks fantastic though!! I will definitely try this out later, once I've finished installing updates for the ~30 mods I already have installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:27 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 sooner or later I'm going to run out of RAM. I keep saying 'OK, that's the last mod I'll install' but then I find another shiny mod like yours and I just have to install it. I believe this is known as 'mod creep'.

This looks fantastic though!! I will definitely try this out later, once I've finished installing updates for the ~30 mods I already have installed.

30 is nothing, I'm at about 70 and actually watching some old YouTube videos of a guy with over 120

Don't know if it's just my driving or not, but I have a tendency to flip Buffalo rovers when I go driving them. Any pointers from anyone on tire settings, etc.? Also, has anybody had any luck with putting Buffalo chassis units side-by-side one another, you know to widen the eventual wheelbase out a bit?

1 minute ago, capi3101 said:

Don't know if it's just my driving or not, but I have a tendency to flip Buffalo rovers when I go driving them. Any pointers from anyone on tire settings, etc.? Also, has anybody had any luck with putting Buffalo chassis units side-by-side one another, you know to widen the eventual wheelbase out a bit?

Depends on the gravity, but generally, check your CoM, don't drive too fast and always expect the unexpected.  

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Depends on the gravity, but generally, check your CoM, don't drive too fast and always expect the unexpected.  

By "Check your CoM", I assume you mean "try to keep it as low as possible"...

I had a problem with using the Buffalo landing legs module as a docking port. Their magnets rotationally align to... something, and that something is not always the direction the landing legs point.

I made a station, using the legs as docking ports around the central hub. I put them in orientation matching the hub. I made the base module based on buffalo parts and tried to dock it.

As soon as the magnet engaged, my module got pivoted 180 degrees, and then just kept wiggling, unable to dock. After many tries, breaking off the magnet power, trying to redock, etc, I managed to force the module to turn 180 degrees and used 'force dock' and it caught.

This is the current state:

mQUgGPh.png

If I undocked now, and tried to redock, the module would flip upside-down and then fail to dock, "force dock" saying parts are too far apart.

BTW, 'control from here' on these definitely doesn't look 'out of the docking port, towards the target' either, so standard navball docking is pretty hard too - I had to "drive backwards" to manage this (with control from a docking port on the opposite end of the module).

@Angel-125 Minor issue for you, I've found some of the parts from buffalo are semi-see-through. It's minor, but I thought maybe you'd want to know about it.

NoEhZLj.jpg

ytjYU0x.jpg

VrBZOnL.jpg

I'm not using any mods that affect graphics or visuals. So I don't think this is an issue coming from any other mod, but I don't know?

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 Minor issue for you, I've found some of the parts from buffalo are semi-see-through. It's minor, but I thought maybe you'd want to know about it.

NoEhZLj.jpg

ytjYU0x.jpg

VrBZOnL.jpg

I'm not using any mods that affect graphics or visuals. So I don't think this is an issue coming from any other mod, but I don't know?

Are u using the iva mod, ive just checked and it dosent do that with my modded play or with just the buff mod in.

23 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Are u using the iva mod, ive just checked and it dosent do that with my modded play or with just the buff mod in.

22 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

if you have JSI Transparent Pods installed then I've seen this issue with it on KSP v1.4.5

I don't know what IVA mod you are referring too, but I do not JSI Transparent Pods installed. Though as far as IVA mods are concerned, I do have

and 2 asset packs installed because they are needed for the IVA's of Kerbal flying saucers. I'll pull those out of my install later tonight after I get home, and see if that removes the issue. See if I can't narrow down the potential causes.

EDIT: I've removed the 3 mods I mentioned above and the issue still persists, I'll have to spend a lot more time over the coming days with a fresh install and test if it happens with just buffalo installed and then start adding mods till I find what's causing it. will report back later.

Edited by vardicd

18 hours ago, vardicd said:

I don't know what IVA mod you are referring too, but I do not JSI Transparent Pods installed. Though as far as IVA mods are concerned, I do have

and 2 asset packs installed because they are needed for the IVA's of Kerbal flying saucers. I'll pull those out of my install later tonight after I get home, and see if that removes the issue. See if I can't narrow down the potential causes.

EDIT: I've removed the 3 mods I mentioned above and the issue still persists, I'll have to spend a lot more time over the coming days with a fresh install and test if it happens with just buffalo installed and then start adding mods till I find what's causing it. will report back later.

could you tell us all the mods you have installed, adn if you cant, duplicate your folder, and pull out everything from the mod folder bar wildblue, and squad and see what happens.

and as a trial, pull out the wild blue folder and reinstall them too, sometime there can be missing bits or folders fromt he windows copy system (i got this a few weeks back)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, Jz03 said:

I have been having a glitch when i try to use the buffalo cabs or parts, when i try using them they appear in the center of the SPH and then i cannot leave or click anything else, Any help?

Download KSP 1.6.1, and also:

Buffalo MSEV 2.6.12 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Buffalo/releases/tag/v2.6.12

Changes

- Bug fixes.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this, as it's probably from WildBlueTools, not Buffalo: I have a "Research Temperature Study" contract and don't know how to complete it. It says I should satisfy all experiment conditions (check experiment for details), but I can't find any details, and I don't even know which experiment I should check.  Anyway, that part is already complete, it now wants me to "complete the experiment". What is the experiment? Just temperature readings?

1 minute ago, infinite_monkey said:

Not sure where to put this, as it's probably from WildBlueTools, not Buffalo: I have a "Research Temperature Study" contract and don't know how to complete it. It says I should satisfy all experiment conditions (check experiment for details), but I can't find any details, and I don't even know which experiment I should check.  Anyway, that part is already complete, it now wants me to "complete the experiment". What is the experiment? Just temperature readings?

That's one of the Wild Blue research experiments that you put in a slot in a lab with the science template. It requires lab time (a resource produced internally while running the experiment) and some other experiments require certain conditions for the craft, like landed, orbiting, whatever, and in this case a thermometer so the Kerbals can do the research projects.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.