[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

Hi @Angel-125

I'm having a lot of problems with new version of KIS (1.2.11)

Now is with Buffalo. The rover raise several exceptions on load

Spoiler
[LOG 11:22:18.719] WBIAnimation [FFEB8CF4][574.3203]: SetupAnimations called.
[LOG 11:22:18.720] WBILight [FFEB8CF2][574.3203]: SetupAnimations called.
[LOG 11:22:18.721] [AutoRove] Doing OnLoad...
[LOG 11:22:18.721] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.5.7
[EXC 11:22:18.777] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartExternalScaleModifier (.ConfigNode partNode)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartExternalScaleModifier (.AvailablePart avPart)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartVolume (.AvailablePart partInfo)
 KIS.KIS_Item.InitConfig (.AvailablePart availablePart, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
 KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.AvailablePart availablePart, .ConfigNode itemNode, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
 KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.AvailablePart availablePart, .ConfigNode partNode, Single qty, Int32 slot)
 KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
 PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
 Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex)
 ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex)
 ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart)
 ProtoVessel.LoadObjects ()
 Vessel.Load ()
 Vessel.MakeActive ()
 FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force)
 FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v)
 FlightDriver.Start ()

and appears incomplete, lacking of wheels or other parts:

http://imgur.com/2jVI79I

No  crew on board (there was an engineer in the command pod)

8 hours ago, bice said:

Hi @Angel-125

I'm having a lot of problems with new version of KIS (1.2.11)

Now is with Buffalo. The rover raise several exceptions on load

Hide contents
[LOG 11:22:18.719] WBIAnimation [FFEB8CF4][574.3203]: SetupAnimations called.
[LOG 11:22:18.720] WBILight [FFEB8CF2][574.3203]: SetupAnimations called.
[LOG 11:22:18.721] [AutoRove] Doing OnLoad...
[LOG 11:22:18.721] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.5.7
[EXC 11:22:18.777] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartExternalScaleModifier (.ConfigNode partNode)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartExternalScaleModifier (.AvailablePart avPart)
 KIS.KIS_Shared.GetPartVolume (.AvailablePart partInfo)
 KIS.KIS_Item.InitConfig (.AvailablePart availablePart, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
 KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.AvailablePart availablePart, .ConfigNode itemNode, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
 KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.AvailablePart availablePart, .ConfigNode partNode, Single qty, Int32 slot)
 KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
 PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
 Part.LoadModule (.ConfigNode node, System.Int32& moduleIndex)
 ProtoPartModuleSnapshot.Load (.Part hostPart, System.Int32& moduleIndex)
 ProtoPartSnapshot.Load (.Vessel vesselRef, Boolean loadAsRootPart)
 ProtoVessel.LoadObjects ()
 Vessel.Load ()
 Vessel.MakeActive ()
 FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force)
 FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v)
 FlightDriver.Start ()

I'll have to look and see what's going on, things were working before...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Latest KIS definitely affected things. It will take awhile to sort. I'm waiting upon KSP 1.1.3 to see what can be done about the Grizzly. I might just retire it altogether.

Its a great mod, i don't think you should retire it :D

18 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Latest KIS definitely affected things. It will take awhile to sort. I'm waiting upon KSP 1.1.3 to see what can be done about the Grizzly. I might just retire it altogether.

So it's a known issue? Fyi The stock wheels work the yellow one i dont remember the name. 

Edited by Silent1_87

On 6/14/2016 at 1:52 AM, Silent1_87 said:

So it's a known issue? Fyi The stock wheels work the yellow one i dont remember the name. 

Yes it's a known issue. Just because the stock wheels work doesn't mean that the Grizzly automatically will work as well. It has to do with the colliders and how the game detects whether a wheel collides with a part near it. FYI the Mountain Goat works just fine because it's a different design.

40 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yes it's a known issue. Just because the stock wheels work doesn't mean that the Grizzly automatically will work as well. It has to do with the colliders and how the game detects whether a wheel collides with a part near it. FYI the Mountain Goat works just fine because it's a different design.

Thanks for the info

PLEASE PLEASE do not retire the Gryzzly!!  It's the only good wheel in any current mod in this game.

I have ZERO issues with the gryzzly... just go to the root folder of your KSP installation, find settings.cfg, open it and edit these 3 lines:

WHEEL_CLIP_OFFSET = 0
WHEEL_CLIP_RANGE = 0
WHEEL_CLIP_MULTIPLIER = 0

POOF all problems gone... well at least for me.

I use the Gryzzly on just about EVERY rover I build, here is just a couple I could line up quickly:

u4UnsJO.jpg

Edited by TheKurgan

12 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Angel-125: I think one that either wild blue or Buffalo is causing my panels not to absorb electricity.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35083538/KSP.log

LOG^^^

Neither WBT nor Buffalo does anything to solar panels. I just use the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel. I see that you have quite a few mods such as Near Future Electric. What makes you think it's a Buffalo/WBT issue?

Your log is also filled with this:

[EXC 22:56:31.968] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleControlSurface.CtrlSurfaceEditorUpdate (Vector3 CoM)
	ModuleControlSurface.LateUpdate ()

Neither WBT nor Buffalo has a control surface, either. Given the large number of mods you have installed, I think it's something else.

Edited by Angel-125

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Neither WBT nor Buffalo does anything to solar panels. I just use the stock ModuleDeployableSolarPanel. I see that you have quite a few mods such as Near Future Electric. What makes you think it's a Buffalo/WBT issue?

Your log is also filled with this:

[EXC 22:56:31.968] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleControlSurface.CtrlSurfaceEditorUpdate (Vector3 CoM)
	ModuleControlSurface.LateUpdate ()

Neither WBT nor Buffalo has a control surface, either. Given the large number of mods you have installed, I think it's something else.

14 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Angel-125: I think one that either wild blue or Buffalo is causing my panels not to absorb electricity.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35083538/KSP.log

LOG^^^

I believe the problem is with Modular Flight Integrator, a dependency of Kopernicus and FAR. The fixed version is 1.1.6.

I noticed a missing Grizzly wheel from latest version...huh that's odd, I said, guess I'll look at an older version and nick it from there...and....there are none. All older versions are MIA, on Github and Spacedock.:o

Also, I was looking through the Buff' files for how you did the KIS in field assembly. I'm pretty sure I know how to set it up (from the wiki and having achieved the desired results already), but just in case I missed something. However, I can't find where you have that in the configs. All I see is KIS Inventory or KIS Items, no "ModuleKISPartMount" anywhere.

Edit: reading up a few posts says you'll retire the Grizzly. Your choice, but the lack of previous versions for me to go to makes it hard. Oh, and I just found it in Deprecated. Silly me.:P

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I noticed a missing Grizzly wheel from latest version...huh that's odd, I said, guess I'll look at an older version and nick it from there...and....there are none. All older versions are MIA, on Github and Spacedock.:o

Also, I was looking through the Buff' files for how you did the KIS in field assembly. I'm pretty sure I know how to set it up (from the wiki and having achieved the desired results already), but just in case I missed something. However, I can't find where you have that in the configs. All I see is KIS Inventory or KIS Items, no "ModuleKISPartMount" anywhere.

Edit: reading up a few posts says you'll retire the Grizzly. Your choice, but the lack of previous versions for me to go to makes it hard. Oh, and I just found it in Deprecated. Silly me.:P

It will be making a comeback along with instructions to tweak those collider settings, and a new part: the Buffalo ISRU. :)

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

It will be making a comeback along with instructions to tweak those collider settings, and a new part: the Buffalo ISRU. :)

That's good to hear!

Say...you might be just the person to ask about this, since you have a number wheels that are almost identical to the one I'm working on at the moment.

I'm working on a little restoration project (the PRC mod by ASET) and am having some issues with the ModuleWheelDeployment (detailed here). I got everything working (that was a feat, let me tell you), but I can't get the big collider to retract with the wheel. As seen in the picture below, the big yellow box (yellow represents colliders) stays firmly on the ground when the wheel is retracted (it's in an elevated state).

I've tried both with and without "FitWheelColliderToMesh" and "useStandInCollider". StandInColliders cause major issues (flips it in the air) so that's probably not an option.

Thoughts? I've been banging my head on this for hours. I really don't have a clue, but the mod DebugStuff and sheer stubbornness will get you pretty damn far it turns out.:D

Cheers.

ErVZojU.png?1

10 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

That's good to hear!

Say...you might be just the person to ask about this, since you have a number wheels that are almost identical to the one I'm working on at the moment.

I'm working on a little restoration project (the PRC mod by ASET) and am having some issues with the ModuleWheelDeployment (detailed here). I got everything working (that was a feat, let me tell you), but I can't get the big collider to retract with the wheel. As seen in the picture below, the big yellow box (yellow represents colliders) stays firmly on the ground when the wheel is retracted (it's in an elevated state).

I've tried both with and without "FitWheelColliderToMesh" and "useStandInCollider". StandInColliders cause major issues (flips it in the air) so that's probably not an option.

Thoughts? I've been banging my head on this for hours. I really don't have a clue, but the mod DebugStuff and sheer stubbornness will get you pretty damn far it turns out.:D

Cheers.

Have you tried animating the collider? Maybe scale it to be small when the wheel retracts.

Edited by Angel-125

How do I change the engine-mode on the main JetWing from monoprop to jet fuel? I try to toggle it in the VAB but the delta-V stats and such don't seem to work if it's in Jet Fuel mode and the right-click panel always shows the engines as being in monoprop mode even when I set the wing's fuel-type to jet-fuel

On July 2, 2016 at 1:22 PM, StevieC said:

How do I change the engine-mode on the main JetWing from monoprop to jet fuel? I try to toggle it in the VAB but the delta-V stats and such don't seem to work if it's in Jet Fuel mode and the right-click panel always shows the engines as being in monoprop mode even when I set the wing's fuel-type to jet-fuel

Should work like the stock Rapiers but I haven't tried in awhile.

23 hours ago, StevieC said:

I should note that the additional engines change mode just fine, it's only the ones already built into the JetWing itself that give me trouble

I tried the wing and didn't have troubles. I was sure to switch fuel type over and then switch the engine mode and both worked.

Meanwhile...

Get 0.3.0 here!

New Parts
- Added the Buffalo ISRU. It has several configurations to choose from. It is based upon the stock Mini ISRU.
- Added the Flex Fuel Power Pack. The Power Pack is a 2U part that has solar panels and also a generator that can burn Ore, MonoPropellant, or LiquidFuel & Oxidizer. Power output varies depending upon the configuration.

ZEuLyY8.png

Edited by Angel-125

Of course, what I was just thinking I needed on the Buffalo is a part that's an EL workshop...  :wink:  (And would mount the Spyglass, for a mobile base-building solution.  Though I think I might be able to mount that to a crew segment.)

(Looking good, and I'm looking forward to playing with the new parts.)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Of course, what I was just thinking I needed on the Buffalo is a part that's an EL workshop...  :wink:  (And would mount the Spyglass, for a mobile base-building solution.  Though I think I might be able to mount that to a crew segment.)

(Looking good, and I'm looking forward to playing with the new parts.)

Actually, I have a part in mind similar to the Wagon that is a "camper shell." Once expanded, you can use it as a lab, workshop, and several Pathfinder templates if installed. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.