[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

On 10/15/2016 at 2:57 PM, Tarius said:

Hello. Just today find this wonderful mode, but after installing i have some truble with text in "Contract" and "Enginer's report" menu in VAB.

Vm8BN26.jpg

ZUO1D6V.jpg

I reinstalled KSP and all mods separately with CKAN (when supported). This bug appears only after installing Buffalo 0.9.4 .

KSP: 1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Achievements - 1.9.4
AutoAsparagus - 2.2.4
Community Resource Pack - 0.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.1.6
RCS Build Aid - 0.9
SmartStage - 2.9.5
StageRecovery - 1.6.4.6
WildBlueTools - 1.7.3
Buffalo - 0.9.4

I don't support CKAN. I suggest you manually download the latest Buffalo from GitHub.

18 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I don't support CKAN. I suggest you manually download the latest Buffalo from GitHub.

I mean I installed other mods with CKAN.

0.9.4 available only on GitHub, so I dowloaded it manually. It worked, but I got what you see.

Edited by Tarius

31 minutes ago, Tarius said:

I mean I installed other mods with CKAN.

0.9.4 available only on GitHub, so I dowloaded it manually. It worked, but I got what you see.

Ah ok. I'm doing a refresh tonight to sort out some versioning issues. Hopefully that'll help.

On 15/10/2016 at 10:57 PM, Tarius said:

Hello. Just today find this wonderful mode, but after installing i have some truble with text in "Contract" and "Enginer's report" menu in VAB.

Vm8BN26.jpg

ZUO1D6V.jpg

I reinstalled KSP and all mods separately with CKAN (when supported). This bug appears only after installing Buffalo 0.9.4 .

KSP: 1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Achievements - 1.9.4
AutoAsparagus - 2.2.4
Community Resource Pack - 0.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.1.6
RCS Build Aid - 0.9
SmartStage - 2.9.5
StageRecovery - 1.6.4.6
WildBlueTools - 1.7.3
Buffalo - 0.9.4

This is the mod that does this? I'm so looking forward to the update to fix this. Still won't make me uninstall it I'll tolerate the nuisance for the benefit.

And @Angel-125 I love the whole cab design and the ladder that's cool especially with the wide flatbed I'll post some vehicles soon. May I suggest a part for the future? I'd love a lifting / folding gear compartment that fits the style of vehicle cab. I currently have to improvise my own and it makes it harder to pack one in a rocket. (I shoudln't complain about having trouble placing things into rockets in ksp I know after the stuff I've put in orbit anyway heheh) I have problems with a lifting arm tipping the thing over when loading the flat bed up or dropping things off without some legs which are fairly standard for any sort of loading flatbed. And sometimes I just want to prop it up and get under there to get at the underside for an Idea for modular undercarriages/rovers I have. Like I said though I can make do with what I have and be grateful for what you have made.

But just a suggestion not a demand before the ksp forum knights show up and give me grief for making demands of mod makers. Just keep doing what you are doing and I look forward to the fixes and whatever else you think works. Keep up the good work.

16 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

This is the mod that does this? I'm so looking forward to the update to fix this. Still won't make me uninstall it I'll tolerate the nuisance for the benefit.

Spoiler: this mod specifically does not cause that bug. So far it looks like having a large number of different parts available is at least partly to blame. Some people have recreated it by just duplicating stock parts over and over to get a high number of parts in the game.

24 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

And @Angel-125 I love the whole cab design and the ladder that's cool especially with the wide flatbed I'll post some vehicles soon. May I suggest a part for the future? I'd love a lifting / folding gear compartment that fits the style of vehicle cab. I currently have to improvise my own and it makes it harder to pack one in a rocket. (I shoudln't complain about having trouble placing things into rockets in ksp I know after the stuff I've put in orbit anyway heheh) I have problems with a lifting arm tipping the thing over when loading the flat bed up or dropping things off without some legs which are fairly standard for any sort of loading flatbed. And sometimes I just want to prop it up and get under there to get at the underside for an Idea for modular undercarriages/rovers I have. Like I said though I can make do with what I have and be grateful for what you have made.

But just a suggestion not a demand before the ksp forum knights show up and give me grief for making demands of mod makers. Just keep doing what you are doing and I look forward to the fixes and whatever else you think works. Keep up the good work.

Not sure what you're looking for, do you have a visual example?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Not sure what you're looking for, do you have a visual example?

This
296054B300000578-0-image-a-13_1433513642
Or this
stock-photo-truck-strong-outrigger-stabi

To prevent this.
1350283546_rnn-w-wayneford-pic1.jpg

And possibly something like this
straight-truck-lift.jpg

But in a part that resembles the cab or storage shape or at least maybe part of the cab like stuff with a spot to walk through in between for straight lifting legs so you can leave space for kerbals to get into a cab behind it. A part that offers both at the same time would be great but whatever you think is right. If you think it's right at all.

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@ThatHomelessGuy Ah ok, got it. I'd have to think about how to do that. Maybe surface-attached legs would be easier. Of course you can just use the stock heavy landing legs..

Yeah Like I said I can make do with them as it is just thought it would be nice to have something less ummm awkward than those monsters. The straight lift legs on some trucks fold down from a horizontal position and then extend which is a happy adequate situation if I can find them in another mod maybe. But for the stabilising legs a Buffalo like part would be great for cramming into a fairing and for making it look pretty. I mean I made one that clipped parts through each other but was kinda obvious when you looked at it and it got in the way of my modular truck idea. I mean a straight up crew cab sized part without the ability to walk through the middle would be fine too. But hey do or don't I still love the mod and is going to be the basis for my industrial transport system either way. Thanks for the replies and for listening to my ideas.

3 hours ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Yeah Like I said I can make do with them as it is just thought it would be nice to have something less ummm awkward than those monsters. The straight lift legs on some trucks fold down from a horizontal position and then extend which is a happy adequate situation if I can find them in another mod maybe. But for the stabilising legs a Buffalo like part would be great for cramming into a fairing and for making it look pretty. I mean I made one that clipped parts through each other but was kinda obvious when you looked at it and it got in the way of my modular truck idea. I mean a straight up crew cab sized part without the ability to walk through the middle would be fine too. But hey do or don't I still love the mod and is going to be the basis for my industrial transport system either way. Thanks for the replies and for listening to my ideas.

Try looking at the Konstruction mod by @RoverDude - I think that may have what you are after.

The Jetwing- really nice idea but how does one actually FLY this thing. I have my kerbal wear it but as soon as i spool up its starts to spin rapidly around its long axis dropping the kerbal doing so. Pointers welcome, maybe a video too.

On 18/10/2016 at 5:36 AM, ThatHomelessGuy said:

296054B300000578-0-image-a-13_1433513642

I use Infernal Robotics (w/ part rework & tweakscale) for this. I understand if you would rather avoid IR, but thought I'd show you in case you like it:

4787df2eb7.png

35 minutes ago, String Witch said:

I use Infernal Robotics (w/ part rework & tweakscale) for this. I understand if you would rather avoid IR, but thought I'd show you in case you like it:

4787df2eb7.png

I am in 1.2 so not currently an option. for me.

Once 1.2 is out I will happily use IR if it's finally over that spat of just not working with too many mods installed that is.

1 hour ago, g_BonE said:

The Jetwing- really nice idea but how does one actually FLY this thing. I have my kerbal wear it but as soon as i spool up its starts to spin rapidly around its long axis dropping the kerbal doing so. Pointers welcome, maybe a video too.

Don't wear it, attach it to your vessel and hop into it like you with an external command seat. Turn on SAS, decouple the wing, and then power up the engines. It is a bit touchy to fly.

This looks great. Many funz could be had with the jet wing... 

One question, does this support Community Tech Tree? I know that the mods wouldn't conflict but does this have a config for it? It helps to balance a lot of things out. 

Edited by Benji13

13 hours ago, Benji13 said:

This looks great. Many funz could be had with the jet wing... 

One question, does this support Community Tech Tree? I know that the mods wouldn't conflict but does this have a config for it? It helps to balance a lot of things out. 

Not at present but it uses stock nodes so you should be ok.

37 minutes ago, Ciaran said:

Question, Is it possible to add a deploy limit onto the Wagon?

I want to make the animation deploy to that, But simply copying and pasting code does not cut it, So how do i do it? (If possible)

I am on my phone right now but if it is using ModuleAnimateGeneric then check how stock cargo ramp is done. Should give you what you need.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Not at present but it uses stock nodes so you should be ok.

I am on my phone right now but if it is using ModuleAnimateGeneric then check how stock cargo ramp is done. Should give you what you need.

Thank you for the response, But it appears to use WBIConvertibleStorage for the animation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.