[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

10 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Ah, thanks. I had missed the fact that there was a reference craft...

I think if KSP had more stuff to look at underwater, I would've done more with the submarine parts. Alas, I haven't seen much of anything on that front (but it is Kerbal Space Program, not Kerbal Submarine Program)..

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Angel-125

39 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I think if KSP had more stuff to look at underwater, I would've done more with the submarine parts. Alas, I haven't seen much of anything on that front (but it is Kerbal Space Program, not Kerbal Submarine Program)..

Fair enough. Counterpoint is that there are three global oceans in the Kerbol system, and only one of those is on Kerbin...

7 hours ago, johnnyhandsome said:

Reference crafts?

The Guppy and the V-22 are the two reference craft that come with Buffalo - you'll find them in KSP/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Ships/SPH. They should show up natively if you're playing a Sandbox save; you'll have to manually copy/paste them into your save otherwise.

I didn't know about them either until a few days ago...and yet I still haven't fiddled with them.

Edited by capi3101

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Jetwing has its own folder as I recall so you should be able to delete all the other parts. Just keep the Plugin though, you'll need it.

kept the plugins folder and the jetwing part folder but i only get a type 1 elevon part.

i saw an post for a parts pack that had the jetwing and buffalo rover in it. Is there an updated version?

got it working thanks

Edited by Ooop

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Does this work in 1.10? Never mind, should have looked at CKAN first

New question: Does classic stock resources conflict with community resource pack?

Technically they can work side by side but I don't recommend it. CRP support is provided as-is, I don't have time to maintain the patches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 11:28 AM, SomeoneWhoLikesTrains said:

How do i get the jetwing to work? I can't put a kerbal in it in the editor.

Being a command seat it should allow that behavior but maybe its KIS equip nature conflicts with that.  Also, if you just happen to be in an older version of KSP where spawning in a command seat isn't a stock feature yet, you're not going anywhere.

• 3 months later...

Buffalo 2.10 is now available. Hard to believe that Buffalo is now over 5 years old! Right now my plate is full for making any revisions and such, and given that my skills have improved since this was release, I've considered creating a successor to the Buffalo once I've finished my current projects (Blueshift and Kerbal Flying Saucers). It depends upon how soon those projects get done and how close to release KSP 2 is. Anyway, here are the changes:

- Updated for KSP 1.11.1 support
- Storage containers updated to use OmniStorage and support stock inventory system.
- Added stock inventory to all parts with crew capacity.

Small FYI on latest (I think) release - these two files have mismatched/misplaced curly braces - in Tundra400.cfg, the PART {} closes before some of the modules (right before ModuleInventoryPart), for instance:

GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\FuelTank\Tundra400.cfg
GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\Utility\Wagon2u.cfg

On 2/12/2021 at 8:34 AM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Small FYI on latest (I think) release - these two files have mismatched/misplaced curly braces - in Tundra400.cfg, the PART {} closes before some of the modules (right before ModuleInventoryPart), for instance:

GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\FuelTank\Tundra400.cfg
GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Buffalo\Parts\Utility\Wagon2u.cfg

Thanks for the heads up! Here's an updated release with those parts fixed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Small observation about most recent Buffalo. In KSP 1.11, the Buffalo Cargo Tail causes rather insane drag.

For comparison - a guppy command pod as the furthest-forward part on a fuselage causes drag of about 3.5. The cargo ramp (while closed, at the back of the craft) creates about *28.0* units of drag (at around 7 or 8,000m). While open, it creates slightly more drag; while opening, the drag varies (seems to be highest in the middle of the animation).

Could something like the colliders or meshes or ... uh... other bits.. (?) be causing this, or is it more likely to be a craft shape/configuration issue? The parts on my craft are simply [guppy]-[crewcabin]-[servicebay]-[servicebay]-[cargoramp] from nose to tail, in that order (with various wings and such attached to the sides, engines mounted on the wings, tail on top of the cargo ramp etc.).

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.