[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

10 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Been loving the new parts, works well with KRX

http://imgur.com/gallery/P8t7R

Way cool! I'm totally digging the helicopter. When I get back to Buffalo, one of the parts I have planned is a V-22 tilt-rotor engine pod, and possibly some wings and side-tanks. The engine pod will be able to tilt up and down, and the blades can be folded (but you'd need Infernal Robotics to rotate the wings). Hence one of the reasons I built the service bay and aft cargo ramp... :)

Edited by Angel-125

30 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Way cool! I'm totally digging the helicopter. When I get back to Buffalo, one of the parts I have planned is a V-22 tilt-rotor engine pod, and possibly some wings and side-tanks. The engine pod will be able to tilt up and down, and the blades can be folded (but you'd need Infernal Robotics to rotate the wings). Hence one of the reasons I built the service bay and aft cargo ramp... :)

Yes! Awesome! That idea is perfect! This will bring sooooooooo much new possibility's to the table!  

80b223d96078c7c866ae42c6ff3e2b76.png

You can use the plasma screens only for screenshots? Because I've put an image in the screenshots folder to show up on the screen, but it only shows this question mark.

EDIT: Instead of pasting a new image in the screenshots folder I edited a current screenshot and it worked.

Edited by Thegamer211

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem... I followed the link that @Bombaatu gave me, installed the latest mod version for 1.2.1 (my ksp version), but when I put it in my game data folder and started it up, I got a white square toolbar button for pathfinder, but 0 parts and nothing else. I would really like just the stuff from the buffalo mod, given that I already have a base making mod that I like. I don't want any of the pathfinder base parts, just the buffalo rover and the jet wing.

4 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have a problem... I followed the link that @Bombaatu gave me, installed the latest mod version for 1.2.1 (my ksp version), but when I put it in my game data folder and started it up, I got a white square toolbar button for pathfinder, but 0 parts and nothing else. I would really like just the stuff from the buffalo mod, given that I already have a base making mod that I like. I don't want any of the pathfinder base parts, just the buffalo rover and the jet wing.

That can be found here: https://github.com/Angel-125/Buffalo/releases

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

thanks, but how do I get rid of the broken pathfinder mod install? do I just delete it from the game data folder? (this is one of the first 2 mods I've ever gotten without CKAN's help, so I'm hopelessly confused.

Yep, just delete it.  Nothing special.  If you can't remember what was in it, try extracting a new download of it to some empty folder and comparing.

Minor update for Buffalo is now available.

Now that I've finished up the Heisenberg Airship Parts Pack for the most part (just need to make a custom wheel and if possible, a docking port that can freely pivot like the stock grabber), I'm starting to work on the next phase of the Buffalo: Buffalo Wings. I'm creating some aircraft parts for the Buffalo. In the meantime, the Buffalo has a big brother: The Bison! Found in the Heisenberg parts pack, the Bison is a Modular Expedition Vehicle:

Ie5xS0Q.png

No, I won't be breaking out the gondola system into a separate pack. But you can easily delete what you don't want from the Heisenberg parts pack. You'll find all the Bison parts under the Airships/Gondola folder (internal spaces are in the Spaces folder, the interim modified stock wheel is in the Wheel folder). It's self-contained.

Edited by Angel-125

8 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Minor update for Buffalo is now available.

I've finished up the Heisenberg Airship Parts Pack for the most part (just need to make a custom wheel and if possible, a docking port that can freely pivot like the stock grabber), I can work on the next phase of the Buffalo: Buffalo Wings. I'm creating some aircraft parts for the Buffalo. In the meantime, the Buffalo has a big brother: The Bison! Found in the Heisenberg parts pack, the Bison is a Modular Expedition Vehicle:

Ie5xS0Q.png

No, I won't be breaking out the gondola system into a separate pack. But you can easily delete what you don't want from the Heisenberg parts pack. You'll find all the Bison parts under the Airships/Gondola folder (internal spaces are in the Spaces folder, the interim modified stock wheel is in the Wheel folder). It's self-contained.

CHEERS! @Angel-125 Im very pumped for the Gondola! Love the look, idea, and design! The buffalos big brother looks very nice!  :) 

Edited by ISE

1 minute ago, ISE said:

CHEERS! @Angel-125 Im very pumped for the Gondola! Love the look, idea, and design! The buffalos brother? :) 

Yup! Bison is the Buffalo's big brother. The Bison Command Cab shares a direct lineage to the Buffalo command cab, which shares lineage with the ground vehicles around KSC. In essence, Buffalo is the go anywhere scout- It's a Modular Space Exploration Vehicle, after all- and the Bison is the follow-on mobile base. It's also the last part of the solution to the large exploding bases problem. Pathfinder's disconnected bases being the first part of the solution, an now Bison has a mobile base. So you've got many ways to explore planets now: set up a permanent base via Pathfinder, or drive around in a mobile base via the Bison. When you need resources, break out the GondoDrill and go to town. Need more cars for your wagon-train? Put some EL survey stakes in the ground, and survey new constructions via the Bison Airlock Module (which also doubles as a command pod). :)

4 hours ago, SmashBrown said:

Sorry if I missed something, but I couldn't find this in the OP. Do you also support the community tech tree? to spread the parts around a bit if it is installed?

Not really, but CTT does support the tech nodes for the rover. I set it up the way it is after complaints that the parts were too spread out.

4 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Srry for all the recent questions, but what's the most recent (functional) version of the buffalo rover for 1.2.1?

1.0.2 should do it, but I don't support prior versions.

Hi @Angel-125 I found a serious bug in Buffalo 1.0.4 with the ground stabilizer. It works fine when landed but if it is lowered in orbit bad things happen : game gets really laggy, the console is spammed with :

dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly(Double tA, Double wrapAfterSeconds)
   at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch(.Orbit p, .Orbit nextPatch, Double startEpoch, .SolverParameters pars, .CelestialBody targetBody)
   at PatchedConicSolver.Update()

and the orbit become a straight line towards the center of earth (kerbin). Here is a log where I build a simple ship and hyperedit it to orbit before I lowered the ground stabilizer.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:29 AM, Angel-125 said:

Looks like an issue with RPM/ASET.

I need some help, please. I've run into this same problem, and for the life of me, I can not figure out how to fix it. 

Real quick, I installed RPM and ASET, but in IVA view of the buffalo cockpit some of the dials are showing up as hexidecimal numbers instead of dials.

FYI, everything else seems to be working fine.

Here's a screenshot of my issue.

Spoiler

EhkLWrl.png

I know @Angel-125 said it's an issue with RPM/ASET, but I've looked all over their pages, and I can't find any reference to this anywhere.

Can someone please follow up on this a little, or pm me and point me in the right direction how to fix it? I really, really want to start using this mod.

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.