[Min KSP 1.12.2] Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125, I am trying to track down the problem with IFS.  So far, I cannot find any sort of entry in Community Resource Pack, or in the Buffalo/Heisenberg folders that say for example "Here is the density of CompressedAir, Here is the recharge rate", etc.  I did find this in the IFS "ResourcesFix" config though:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    abbreviation = Air
    name = CompressedAir
    title = Compressed Air
    density = 0.000001283
    unitCost = 0.00015
    hsp = 2175
    flowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    volume = 1
}

Could anything here be the culprit?

2 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125, I am trying to track down the problem with IFS.  So far, I cannot find any sort of entry in Community Resource Pack, or in the Buffalo/Heisenberg folders that say for example "Here is the density of CompressedAir, Here is the recharge rate", etc.  I did find this in the IFS "ResourcesFix" config though:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    abbreviation = Air
    name = CompressedAir
    title = Compressed Air
    density = 0.000001283
    unitCost = 0.00015
    hsp = 2175
    flowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    volume = 1
}

Could anything here be the culprit?

This is what I use for CompressedAir, which is defined by WildBlueTools:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = CompressedAir
    density = 0.005
    unitCost = 0
    hsp = 10
    flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    isVisible = true
}

Try commenting out that other definition and see if you continue to have problems.

Alright will do.  Just using another install ATM.  Ran into a fairly big bug with my main: Both my CactEye Contracts just failed (no clue as to why, was a long way from expiry) and my entire SETI contract progress was reset.... :( So I am waiting on some feedback.... If I don't hear anything back from Nightingale within the week, I'll try your fix in another install... or sooner if I get bored.

When first launching the game with Buffalo installed, I get a message stating that Kerbal Actuators are compiled for 1.2.2 - the game then crashes with a mono.dll access violation. Removing kerbal actuators, buffalo & heisenberg allows the game to launch.

4 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

When first launching the game with Buffalo installed, I get a message stating that Kerbal Actuators are compiled for 1.2.2 - the game then crashes with a mono.dll access violation. Removing kerbal actuators, buffalo & heisenberg allows the game to launch.

Hm, I specifically recompiled KerbalActuators and tested it. I'll sort it out in the morning.

The texture for the jetpack's parachute is still missing. Just to confirm it wasn't a mod conflict somewhere, I installed vanilla 1.3 with just Buffalo 2.1.1 & it's packaged dependencies; still no texture.

EDIT: I thought it might be a corrupted .mu file, but I downloaded a previous version of the file & it still had the problem.

Edited by Bombaatu

2 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Angel-125 wow that looks like it belongs in a superhero movie, not on mars

2 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Angel-125 wow that looks like it belongs in a superhero movie, not on mars

Well I have to finish the last parts set for the Buffalo (submarine parts), then I can look at this, but yeah, the name "Rhino" comes to mind. :)

10 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Pretty sure it's a used batmobile.

the wheels look really interesting, I guess they expand?

Not sure. I did find some more pics by googling Parker Brothers Concepts mars rover:

nasa-has-been-quietly-working-on-a-mars-

33749834514_e44395eec0_b.jpg

Might be an interesting next-gen rover. Is it practical? Moho no! But it isn't boxy like the Buffalo and Bison (both were designed by looking at KSP ground vehicles) so I don't know how it would look as a KSP rover, but it definitely looks cool. :)

Edited by Angel-125

The NASA rover is 11 feet (3.35m) tall, 13 feet (3.96m) wide, and 22 feet (6.70m) long. I'm thinking of a 95% scale version, making it 3.75m wide. Just musings at this point, like I said, I have to finish the Buffalo first...

Right now I'm thinking big, but honestly, I already have both the Buffalo and the Bison. But hm, what about something much smaller? That body design might work to hold a single kerbal in the cockpit, and fit the half-sized chassis with the Bear Cub wheels...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Right now I'm thinking big, but honestly, I already have both the Buffalo and the Bison. But hm, what about something much smaller? That body design might work to hold a single kerbal in the cockpit, and fit the half-sized chassis with the Bear Cub wheels...

That could potentially be really cool.... and fun!  :cool:

12 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I note from the story it uses GPS for navigation - I wasn't aware we had a GPS network set up around Mars.  :wink:

I think they mean the literal concept rover uses it.  Looking around, it looks like Curiosity uses a 1-point moving reference (the MRO and sometimes Odyssey) and orbital observations/maps to keep it properly located.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.