Problem when playing Modded KSP

I'm having a problem when installing mods on KSP. When ever I launch a craft it just shows the inside of Kerbin then slowly backs away and goes around Kerbin. Whenever this happens I have to uninstall the mods and KSP then download them again, but the problem still persists. Anyone know a Solution?

Please make sure you have done the following first.

Following these steps resolves ~90% of all mod-related issues, which allows you to get back to playing and allows modders to spend more time focusing on the ~10% of issues that require their attention.

1. Make sure all your addons are up to date. Bugs get fixed all the time, and there’s nothing worse for halting development of features / fixing of bugs in a mod than for a modder to be made to think a bug they have already fixed has returned. Please: make sure your mods are up-to-date.
  2. Make sure you have all your addons installed correctly. Addons need to be installed exactly as they tell you to in their readme or opening post; if they don’t say how, then follow this simple guide:
    • Find out if there is a GameData folder inside the archive. If there is one folder at the root of the archive, look inside it, and so forth.
    • If there is a GameData folder somewhere in the archive, take all the stuff inside the GameData folder in the archive and extract to (your KSP folder)/GameData/
    • If not, then you should probably extract all the stuff in the root of the archive to (your KSP folder)/GameData/ -- but note that some mods (like Universal Storage) have the folders you should extract into GameData inside a containing folder; in that case you should extract the folders inside the containing folder into GameData.

[*]Check the stock help sticky and stock known issues sticky: you might be running up against a known issue in KSP itself. Self Help, Reporting Guide.

[*] On Windows? Use 32bit. Are you using KSP Windows x64? If so, expect problems. KSP Windows x64 is a work in progress that has been shown to be unstable for the majority of modded installs and crashes easily. This is not due to problems in the mods themselves but in the Unity player and KSP assemblies. In particular, if you have a large number of plugins or parts (i.e. high memory usage for textures and on the stack) KSP Win x64 is incredibly unstable.

[*] 32bit KSP? Keep your memory usage low. Mac OS X KSP and the 32bit clients for Windows and for Linux are limited to around 3.3GB of memory in use (it varies--reports show the limit is closer to, or even below, 3GB for Macs, whereas sometimes even 3.5GB survives on Windows). This has nothing to do with how much RAM you have installed; 32bit processes simply have a limited address space, and Unity does not handle allocation errors gracefully: it crashes to desktop. If you're running lots of mods, you're probably near the limit; try removing part-heavy mods and/or installing Active Texture Management in aggressive mode, which will reduce memory usage.

[*]Check to see if the issue was already reported. Search the mod’s thread (using the “search in thread” option) and search this forum (using the “search this forum” option) to see if the issue was already reported. If the mod has an issue tracker (see below), check to see if the issue was already reported there.

Then please try to narrow the issue down to a single addon by removing others until the problem goes away.

After that you will need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to be able to locate the Player.log, see here for info, we will also need a list of installed addons and their version numbers.

We will also your system report.

The logs can be uploaded to a file share site such as dropbox.

You can also record the issue using Screen Recorder, and the video can be uploaded to sendvid.

I am having this same exact problem on windows. I will record a video of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to mention, you cant just ESC out because it greys it out in the pause menu, everything else is clickable in the pause menu. You cant recover vessle when the glitch happens, it happens every time you launch anything.

A video helps, but the logs will help a lot more.

On windows you will find the output_log.txt in the KSP_Data folder, and you also need to provide your modlist with versions.

Unfortunately it's not a case of "I have X happening what is the fix?" and us being able to answer, as the symptom you describe could have any number of causes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.