Dark matter/energy hybrid

Voyager275

I have been conducting some research into dark matter and dark energy. The thing that always gets me is that the two act completely different, one causing a repulsive force, and one causing a gravitational force stronger than anything else.

My theory is simple. The idea is that a hybrid of these 2 items exists. It would be a heavy particle, but with a high energy level. When two galaxies get close, they would come together, then continuing accelerating through the universe.

I will be giving a presentation at my school science club meeting, and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to improve this theory.

Thank you for any information or support given.

Edited by Voyager275

I have been conducting some research into dark matter and dark energy. The thing that always gets me is that the two act completely different, one causing a repulsive force, and one causing a gravitational force stronger than anything else.

My theory is simple. The idea is that a hybrid of these 2 items exists. It would be a heavy particle, but with a high energy level. When two galaxies get close, they would come together, then continuing accelerating through the universe.

I will be giving a presentation at my school science club meeting, and was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to improve this theory, or if the theory just goes up in smoke.

Thank you for any information or support given.

There was a link a while back maybe 2 weeks ago on reddit that prposed a dependency between dark matter and energy, the proposal was completely theoretical and had no basis in observation.

There was a link a while back maybe 2 weeks ago on reddit that prposed a dependency between dark matter and energy, the proposal was completely theoretical and had no basis in observation.

I am using galaxy mergers as observation data. If dark energy ruled the universe(like they say it does)then technically they shouldn't merge, no matter the dark matter, because 73% of the universe is dark energy. The hybrid particle would solve this. I am also using my telescope to observe the sky looking for more data.

was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to improve this theory

The way forward from here (at a basic level) would be to establish what observations you could make that would add credibility to this hypothesis.

In reality to get a theory off the ground you need to have the maths to back it up, the days of physicists making theories by thinking about the universe until an idea comes to them are long gone for the most part

The way forward from here (at a basic level) would be to establish what observations you could make that would add credibility to this hypothesis.

In reality to get a theory off the ground you need to have the maths to back it up, the days of physicists making theories by thinking about the universe until an idea comes to them are long gone for the most part

I'm working on the math right now, it is taking a bit though

That's very interesting... You'll need a particle that literally resist each other after interacting. Not to mention that they only interact between two galaxies... Maybe you could share us the presentation or anything ? Who knows somebody knew the right Feynmann diagram for it. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.