[Writing] The Nexvulch Wars

StelarCF

The Nexvulch Wars

Chapter 1

The launch

It was late at night. The SPQK\'s announcement was just made and we had to get to Nexvulch\'s capital in time to rendezvous with our allies. I was one of the soldiers chosen to go to Nexvulch to assure they don\'t go mad. I don\'t understand that decision. They should\'ve left them alone, they didn\'t know what was coming...

I was at Neapolis Space Center ready to go into the Mk1 Space Shuttle. It was a class B - the transport class. It had less fuel in the main tank to have more space for soldiers or supplies. About 40 soldiers would fit in one, but that would be excluding the needed supplies for them (munitions, mountable machine guns, kits for the field medics). The standard for one military flight was 20.

I was heading up the ladder in the launch tower and was going to then enter the space shuttle through it\'s big, square door. I then clung to a ladder and the pilot instructed me to go to seat 6. I immediately recognized his voice as being Jebediah Kerman. We all knew of his crazy mind and his even more crazy contraptions (some say he even helped design the Mk1 Space Shuttle, and I might agree)

After the shuttle was filled we heard our commander:

'You know your orders. You aren\'t going there to assault Nexvulch, you are just going there to assure they don\'t decide to declare war.'

After that we heard the countdown.

'Three... Two... One... LIFTOFF'

The moment we heard liftoff we were pushed into our seats with high G forces. Not a pleasurable experience, believe me on that. The shuttle wobbled a bit then straightened as the thrust was corrected. 30 seconds later the boosters stopped and detached, as well as the extra tank. We were running on the main tank to get to orbit.

A few minutes later orbit was completed and all we had to do was wait about half an hour until we would deorbit, along with the 4 other shuttles taking soldiers to Nexvulch.

Chapter 2

The landing

The thrusters were pushed at max once again as the shuttle was deorbiting. Thankfully it took only about 10 seconds for this. We were on a course for Nexvulch\'s capital.

As we reentered the athmosphere we couldn\'t see anything other than a bright fire. Then we dropped at 200 m/s and started gliding towards where we were told the capital was. It was night but we didnt see any lights.

Suddenly we felt the shuttle rocking. I looked outside and saw that we were being fired upon.

'WE ARE HIT. I REPEAT WE ARE HIT. OUR LEFT WING IS GONE'

Indeed, our left wing was gone. We had to go in for an emergency landing, which involved parachutes. Unfortunately half of our parachutes were destroyed along with the left wing and we would experience a hard landing.

As we approached the ground I saw a big.. thing... It was like nothing I saw before. It was big, brown and furry but I couldn\'t distinguish anything else since I passed out when we hit the ground.

Chapter 3

The Long March

I woke up. The sun didn\'t rise yet. I hear friendly voices speaking in laatin:

'He\'s alright. Look, he got a heartbeat and everything. Oh, look. Our friend woke up.'

They didn\'t know who shoot us, though they were thinking it might be Nexvulch\'s army. The SPQK rendezvous point was a few miles north from where we landed, but we had to tend to the wounded first. I wasn\'t experienced in medicine so I couldn\'t help. It was a long wait, but we had the best military doctors with us. After a few hours the one who talked earlier came to me and said:

'I think we haven\'t been properly introduced. I am Sarminus Kasius. Pleased to meet you. Do you know how to repair a radio? You are an engineer by the looks of it.'

'Yeah', I quickly responded

'Good, our radio\'s down and we don\'t really have anyone here who\'s an engineer other than you. Do you think you can repair it?

It took me about 10 minutes to repair the radio, but when I tried using it nothing happened. It was clear to me that our battery had ran dry. I came out of the shuttle and said:

'Radio\'s functional, but our batteries offline. We better get going to the rendezvous point.'

I then started ordering people around who should carry what. Out of the wounded only 3 couldn\'t walk on their own, so I assigned 6 people to carry them. Another 3 I assigned to carrying the MG and I ordered the rest to carry the supplies.

After about an hour of walking and being tired we got to the rendezvous point. When we saw it we could count 4 shuttles of Niveusan origin, but as we approached it became clear they weren\'t in what would be called 'perfect condition'. They were torn apart by something very powerful. I was scared. 'Could it be one of those furry things I saw when we landed?'. The answer probably was yes.

Feeling the smell of liquid fuel leaking from the shuttles, Jebediah quickly got out of his targe like nothing had happened to him. He remarked:

'This place is kind of like a desert. They promised me mounds of liquid fuel tanks filled with liquid fuel and MOUNTAINS of boosters. Not going to trust the Niveusan governement again any time soon'

We would have laughed if the situation wasn\'t disastrous. To be noted, I was the highest in rank on the shuttle, so I had the right to order people around. So I did. I ordered them to search the shuttles for survivors and supplies. We rescued another 9 people out of the 80 which were in the shuttles. Every one of them was horrified. They described 'something huge, like that \'mammoth\' described in the \'Mystical Realms That Never Existed\'. It was horrifying believe me! It had big claws and destroyed all the shuttles, killing many people. Avienne\'s Expeditionaries didn\'t manage to even scratch it. It was horrible. Thank god you came'

I feared an attack by such creatures so I ordered all MG\'s to be mounted around one of the shuttles and that they take the anti-tank rounds out of shuttle 3, since we might have needed them. Meanwhile I was trying to find a working radio. It was a long day....

You hardly did any fighting, it was me and radion who did most of it, you should have put it in the eyes of one of our soldiers.

Just because you and Radion did all the fighting, that doesn\'t mean he can write a story from the eyes of his soldiers.

Good story tho, MOAR!

You hardly did any fighting, it was me and radion who did most of it, you should have put it in the eyes of one of our soldiers.

My soldiers were still in the battle, and since I had sent 100 of them there why shouldn\'t I write about what happened to them? I will write, if you want, a version in the eyes of a Caesarian soldier, but I need info on how they got there, what kind of vehicles they used etc.

Just because you and Radion did all the fighting, that doesn\'t mean he can write a story from the eyes of his soldiers.

Good story tho, MOAR!

Gonna start working on Chapter 3 right now! (and a little more on Chapter 2, since it seems a little short)

Uh... There was no fighting. KSP is a single player space program game with rockets... I can\'t BELIEVE you guys seriously have wars.

What\'s not to believe? What might be fun for others may be be fun for you and vice versa, thanks very much. It just so happens that wars are fun for us (especially me in the RP)

Uh... There was no fighting. KSP is a single player space program game with rockets... I can\'t BELIEVE you guys seriously have wars.

You must be new here...

Before this there was something called 'The RP Forum' (Roleplaying forum). We went there and tried to find reasons to blow each other up, or to try and get everyone else to stop blowing each other up. I kind of did both, isn\'t that odd?

Also, who says there weren\'t wars at all?

fortunately, you can now say \'\'had\'\' instead. Remember, this is a fiction forum, it truly has nothing to do with the game at all.

You must be new here...

Before this there was something called 'The RP Forum' (Roleplaying forum). We went there and tried to find reasons to blow each other up, or to try and get everyone else to stop blowing each other up. I kind of did both, isn\'t that odd?

Also, who says there weren\'t wars at all?

A couple of you did, now that the forum is closed down, you\'ve been given the chance to meditate on why i tried to bring us together.

Good writing! Also, by the 'Mammoth' are you referring to that super-nuclear powered-destructotron-Tank of death?

Thanks! By mammoth I mean the real life mammoth.

I cite:

'\'mammoth\' described in the \'Mystical Realms That Never Existed\''

For me at least it\'s clear that it isn\'t from Kerbin. The only other place that might be is Earth. That\'s what I meant.

Though I guess it isn\'t really very clear...

Thanks! By mammoth I mean the real life mammoth.

I cite:

'\'mammoth\' described in the \'Mystical Realms That Never Existed\''

For me at least it\'s clear that it isn\'t from Kerbin. The only other place that might be is Earth. That\'s what I meant.

Though I guess it isn\'t really very clear...

I mean the 'Something Huge' thing.

• 4 weeks later...

The Cleavles are scaly, but aside from that, great job! It really could begin to capture the true fear experienced when your average army take a visit to the Nation of Nexvulch

could you please call it the 'Nation of Nexvulch' Nexvulch is the name of a fictional planet in a book that I am writing (and will try to get published). Aside from their name (and my fanfic pentology) the two are not linked in any way. I just want to keep confusion down and spirits for the good of writing up

:)

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.